• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

Hello, once again. Can I get this blurb below translated too, please? Thank you in advance!
アーケード版の「ロックマン2 ザ・パワーファイターズ』で初登場したロボット。 「ロックマン8」では、悪のエネルギー体を追って宇宙から飛来したという設定になっており、Dr.ワイリーと戦って傷ついたロックマンの命を救ってくれた。 その性能などは謎につつまれているが、 ロックマンやフォルテと同じか、 あるいはそれ以上のパワーを持っていると思われる。 今後のシリーズにどんな形で登場してくるのかが注目される。
The blurb comes from the scan below for reference.
Duo_anniversary.jpeg

アーケード版の「ロックマン2 ザ・パワーファイターズ』で初登場したロボット。
A robot that first appeared in the arcade Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters.

「ロックマン8」では、悪のエネルギー体を追って宇宙から飛来したという設定になっており、Dr.ワイリーと戦って傷ついたロックマンの命を救ってくれた。
In "Mega Man 8," it appeared flying through space in pursuit of an evil energy body and saved Mega Man's life after it was injured in a fight with Dr. Wily.

その性能などは謎につつまれているが、 ロックマンやフォルテと同じか、 あるいはそれ以上のパワーを持っていると思われる。
Its abilities are shrouded in mystery, it might be equal to Rockman and Forte, or it's possible to have even greater power.

I think that this is the most important part, isn't it?

The term used first is "性能" which means "ability; performance; efficiency". So it might be used to say how effective something is, in this context it seems to refer to its powers as it's what they compare later in the same line.

The first comparison is "同じ" which means something that is "equal or the same" as something else.

Finally the latter it says "以上のパワーを持っている" (Carry more power).

今後のシリーズにどんな形で登場してくるのかが注目される。
It will be interesting to see how it will appear in the series' future.

So, I think it might be

A robot that first appeared in the arcade Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters. In "Mega Man 8," it appeared flying through space in pursuit of an evil energy body and saved Mega Man's life after it was injured in a fight with Dr. Wily. Its abilities are shrouded in mystery, it might be equal to Rockman and Forte, or it's possible to have even greater power. It will be interesting to see how it will appear in the series' future.

So, I think it might be

A robot that first appeared in the arcade Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters. In "Mega Man 8," it appeared flying through space in pursuit of an evil energy body and saved Mega Man's life after it was injured in a fight with Dr. Wily. Its abilities are shrouded in mystery, it might be equal to Rockman and Forte, or it's possible to have even greater power. It will be interesting to see how it will appear in the series' future.
Ah… perfect… Yes. The comparison bit between Duo & Rock and Bass was the key part. I ran it through some MTLs to see, but we know how inaccurate those can be so I ran it here to see what it really translated. Good to know it checks out, though.

This shows the scaling was always fine. Woohoo! Thanks a ton!

Screenshot-2022-11-17-11-01-35-AM.png

破天荒に育つ も「九里」の大名となり海へ飛び出し世界屈指の海賊達と肩を並べまた何倍にも強くなって帰郷した男天下無敵の 光月おでん!!悪の力に苦しむ故郷で人々の救世主となる筈だったが

Can someone translate this

Would anyone be willing to translate this a literally as possible?
Specifically were trying to figure out if the Multipliers are for learning nen itself or if he is referring to the conditions multiplying Nen abilities.

I don't know if this is to early to bump or not so I'm sorry if I am

Basically what I'm asking is which of these two is more correct.
The first seems to imply that learning Nen itself multiplies your abilities many times over.
While the second seems to imply that by setting conditions on even a basic Nen ability can multiply your power many times over.
Both make the difference between a Nen user and a non-Nen incredibly great

Bump

Could I have a translation of this? Thanks.
81fa7de0-479f-4825-940b-3a19b988fc18

Edit: Nvm.

Last edited:
Screenshot-2022-11-17-11-01-35-AM.png

破天荒に育つ も「九里」の大名となり海へ飛び出し世界屈指の海賊達と肩を並べまた何倍にも強くなって帰郷した男天下無敵の 光月おでん!!悪の力に苦しむ故郷で人々の救世主となる筈だったが

Can someone translate this
He grew up « unbeatable », became a lord then took the sea and returned home, lined up as one of the world's strongest pirates, and many times stronger than before, the invincible Kozuki Oden! He was supposed to be the savior of people of his hometown who were suffering from an evil power.

I can confirm it should try to mean "super power on par with a big bang".
But I have a feeling - It means nothing even if it did say the word "big bang".
Okay thanks I just wanted to confirm something.

There's 2 different translation for the scan and the one with the big bang translation has

"The Big Bang"

Would someone translate this for me?
「空間開闢って創世のことですか? INVISIBLEかノーボディでないと無理ではないのですか」

「いいえ。創世ではありません。完全なる創世はINVISIBLEの収束までに避難所として用いるには間に合いません。そもそも創世というのはエネルギーを……」

セウルの話が長いので以下略。

つまり恒がセウルの話をまとめるとこんな感じだ。

下から上にかけて、高度な創世、というか宇宙の創造を成す。

セウルいわく、姿が見えないものほど高いエネルギーを持っているのだそうで。

INVISIBLE(全次元空間創世・上位次元創世者、能力未知数)

---11次元とD-ブレーンの壁---------

アルティメイト・オブ・ノーボディ(3次元+広域時間軸操作 宇宙創世)

---4次元(3次元+時間軸)の壁------

ブラインド・ウォッチメイカー(3次元創世)

---宇宙開闢の壁-----

初代絶対不及者セト(数万年耐久の空間開闢と分離・広域時間軸操作)

二代絶対不及者セウル(数万年耐久の空間開闢と分離・広域時間軸操作)←ここ

---亜空間開闢の壁------

荻号 要(千年耐久の亜空間創造、相転星で局所的時間操作)

Would someone translate this for me?
"Does space creation mean the creation of the world? Isn't it impossible without INVISIBLE or no body?"

"No. not Genesis. Complete Genesis won't be in time to use as a refuge until INVISIBLE converges. In the first place, the creation of the world is about energy...".

So this is how Kou summarizes Saeul's story.

From bottom to top, advanced creation, or rather, the creation of the universe.

Saeul says that invisible things have higher energy..

INVISIBLE (creator of all dimensions, creator of higher dimensions, ability unknown)

--- Wall of 11th dimension and D-brain ---------

The Ultimate of Nobody (3D + wide-area time axis manipulation universe creation)

---4D (3D + Time Axis) Wall------

Blind Watchmaker (3D Genesis)

---Space Exploration Wall-----
/>
The 1st Absolute Failure, Seto (Spatial Opening and Separation of tens of thousands of years, Wide-area Time Axis Manipulation)

The 2nd Absolute Failure, Seul (The Space Opening and Separation and wide-area time axis manipulation) ←Here Local time manipulation with phase-shifted stars)

"Does space creation mean the creation of the world? Isn't it impossible without INVISIBLE or no body?"

"No. not Genesis. Complete Genesis won't be in time to use as a refuge until INVISIBLE converges. In the first place, the creation of the world is about energy...".

INVISIBLE (creator of all dimensions, creator of higher dimensions, ability unknown)

The Ultimate of Nobody (3D + wide-area time axis manipulation universe creation)

/>
The 1st Absolute Failure, Seto (Spatial Opening and Separation of tens of thousands of years, Wide-area Time Axis Manipulation)

The 2nd Absolute Failure, Seul (The Space Opening and Separation and wide-area time axis manipulation) ←Here Local time manipulation with phase-shifted stars)
Thanks. Most likely, that Seul there are spelled as SEWL (official eng name of the character) and D-brain is spelled as D-brane which came from M-theory

/>

This thread is for requesting translations to those that understand the language... Not from an AI translator

@Trax

Do you understand the language yourself?
This isn't the first time...
I don't speak the language or write it but I translated it I hope this helps.

"Won't two-dimensional space-time expand? Nature always collapses from high energy levels to low energy levels, and it should pull three-dimensional space-time into low dimensions like vacuum decay and expand at the speed of light. Perhaps the original singularity of the universe is a "low energy" relative to the place outside the singularity, which causes the indescribable "unexisted" outside the universe to collapse, so the universe is constantly expanding. Suppose a low-dimensional space-time appears in the universe, then at the initial minimum, wouldn't it be another singularity, for which the entire universe inhabited was the "unintentional" before the birth of the two-dimensional universe. If this two-dimensional space-time expands large enough, and a long enough time passes inside to give birth to life, then they may also guess that the universe came from a big bang, our space-time is expanding, and what is outside............. I don't know.
And it's implied they don't know japanese as they are requesting Japanese texts to be translated and via this statement implies that as well
knowledgeable Japanese person, or someone fluent in the language.
But 🤷‍♂️ just giving you some insight

Okay. That is unfortunate, but thanks for trying to be helpful.

Can someone translate need someone fluent in this

ヴェ ル グ リ ンド は 旅 を 続け る 。
昨日 も 、 今 日 も 、 そ し て 明日 も 。
足 を 止め る 事 な く 、 ヴ ェ ル グリ ンド は 歩き 続け る 。

あの 時 、 リ ムル と 別れ て 飛ん だ 先 は 、 時 間 す ら も 超
えた 異 世 界 で あっ た 。 フ ェ ル ドウ ェ イ に 飛ば され た
「 壮 列 存在 」 と 無事 に 再 統合 し た の は 、 ど こと も 知れ ぬ
異 界 の 狭間 だ っ た の だ 。

大 気 どこ ろか 大 地 す ら な いそ の 場所 で 、 ヴ ェ ル グリ
ンド は 時 間 の 感覚 も な く 漂流 する は め に な っ た の で あ

る 。

ヴェ ル グ リ ンド が 。 竜 種 ・ で な か っ た ら 、 そ の 場所
で 野 垂れ 死ん で いた か も 知れ な い 。 け れ ど 彼女 に は 、
「 間 支配 ] と 無限 の 寿命 が あっ た 。

寄る 辺 と な る 場所 に 辿り 着く まで の 間 、 考 える 時 間
だ け は 豊富 に あっ た 。 ヴ ェ ル グリ ンド は 、 自 身 の 身 に
起き た 信じ が た い 出 来 事 に 、 思 考 が 停止 し か け て いた
の で ある 。

情報 量 が 処理 量 を 超過 し て いた 。

異 空間 を 漂流 する と いう 非常 事態 で 、 逆 に 冷静 さ を
取り 戻せ セ た の だ っ た 。

ヴェ ル グ リ ンド は 考え た 。

情報 の 騰 大 さと その 異常 さ に 、 考 える 事 を 放棄 し て
いた が 、 時 間 の 許す 限り 考え た 。

It is not my area. My apologies.

It is probably best if you ask in our general One Piece discussion thread instead.

I need this translated quickly!
Translate the one inside the red lining please.
Screenshot-2022-11-23-2-40-39-AM-1.png
Here's the text
かつて“海賊王〟と鎬を削り、大海賊時代以前から畏れられた“世界最強の男”。世界を滅ぼしうるほどの力”グラグラ”を有しながらも、その男白ひげ”ことエドワード・ニューゲートは遂に宿敵の遺産に手をかけようとはしなかった。彼は既に、自身の宝を手にしていたからである。それは海原を征く「自由」と、愛すべき「家族」だった。

Does anyone know Japanese? Can you help me translate the sentences of this picture?

I saw someone say 霊 , 精神 in manga means soul

Hello, sorry for the bother, but I need help to verify a translation if possible:

Original Text​
Romanization​
Translation​
くぼみからエネルギーが噴き出し、次元のはざまへの扉が開く。kubomi kara enerugī ga fukidashi , jigen no hazama e no tobira ga hiraku.Energy erupts from the hollow, opening a portal to the other side of the dimension.
敵はくぼみのなかの欄へ吸いこ まれていき・・・・・・。teki wa kubomi no naka no ran e suiko mareteiki・・・・・・.The enemy is sucked into the column in the hollow...
淡い光を放つ次元のはざまへとたどり着く。awai hikari o hanatsu jigen no hazama e to tadoritsuku.They reach the gap between dimensions, which emits a faint light.
次元のはざまのかなたから姿を現した、ひとり目の円卓の騎士。igen no hazama no kanata kara sugata o arawashita, hitorime no entaku no kishi.The first knight of the round table appears from the other side of the dimension.

Especially the bolded part. Is it accurate or incorrect? The thing I am confused about is 次元のはざま (jigen no hazama), which changes a lot depending on context.

I explained that one in the Pokémon Threads. Hazama mostly refers to a gap between things, like "Kukan no kazama" would refer to something like a spatial gap, the same with "Jikan no kazama" (Time Gap or Crack in Time) or even "Jiku no hazama" (Space-time gap, space-time rift).

In general could be translated as gap, rift, crack, anything that give that sense of "space in between".

Jigen no hazama would be a similar thing, could refer to a gap between dimensions or even just a rift in a dimensional structure. The context might give a more precise meaning, but it's mostly a gap/the in-between in regards to dimensional structures.

Back