• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Alright looking back at it, it's not the clearest, but there's a clear picture of its head and I found this scan of its head silhouette.

Scan 1

Scan 2
Question.

If a 1,000km structure isn't anywhere near outerspace of a planet. Is that enough proof of the planet being bigger than Earth?

And if so how do I go about finding it's size?
Bump? Is it possible to find the size?

Can I cross multiply the Earth's atmosphere height and diameter with this structure height to find the planets diameter?

Oh yeah for clarification, I am trying to get this calculation evaluated.

When I initially asked in this thread, there was a good day or few where it was just the feat with the link to the anime scene, and scans for the manga before I added everything else (the calculation) settling on torsion.

If there's a feat involving someone being thrown up off screen, and they end up falling down a while later, how do I find the height they were thrown up to for PE/KE?

If there's a feat involving someone being thrown up off screen, and they end up falling down a while later, how do I find the height they were thrown up to for PE/KE?
if you know their initial velocity you can do projectile motion under constant acceleration, no?

What's the AP needed to do this:
tumblr_pyt1449Qk11w3yzuso1_1280.jpg
boop

Trouble in Bikini Bottom town:

How would one go about the LS of a 4 inch tall character lifting and turning an entire planet upside down with one hand?
find KE of such a thing
[use spunchbop arm length + radius of earth for the radius, then find the arc length of that using 180 degrees, then divide that arc length by the time taken to get your speed and then there's KE]
then divide said KE by the arc length that you already calculated
and that's your force in newtons

find KE of such a thing
[use spunchbop arm length + radius of earth for the radius, then find the arc length of that using 180 degrees, then divide that arc length by the time taken to get your speed and then there's KE]
then divide said KE by the arc length that you already calculated
and that's your force in newtons
Straightforward enough. Thanks for the quick reply!

We decided to use diameter instead, as using radius of the earth gave MFTL speed.
MFTL+ KE is a big nono. the method i suggested works for regular stuff but MFTL+ KE just completely ***** physics so that won't be allowed, lmfao
ALSO, joules:newtons is not 1:1. what i said was divide the joules from KE by the distance travelled in the arc, THAT is what gives you your force in newtons.

MFTL+ KE is a big nono. the method i suggested works for regular stuff but MFTL+ KE just completely ***** physics so that won't be allowed, lmfao
ALSO, joules:newtons is not 1:1. what i said was divide the joules from KE by the distance travelled in the arc, THAT is what gives you your force in newtons.
Yep. The speed has been fixed to Sub-relativistic.

Also, from what I've looked up, I've seen that the ratio of joules to newtons was 1:1. I realize now that it was newton meters. I can divide the Joules by the distance here. Good thing to know for the future, and I made that change to the blog too.

Side question: If a character is relatively stationary, I.E, they're swimming in a lap pool, remain in the same spot, and you got the KE based on the speed of the lap pool, would you still divide the joules by meters they would have traveled, or would it then be actually 1:1?

Last edited:
if you know their initial velocity you can do projectile motion under constant acceleration, no?
I'm assuming you mean the velocity at which they were flung up? That'd be easy to find, but it doesn't seem like nearly enough speed to have flung them high enough to fall down like 10 something seconds later.

Back at it again with a weird one for Spongebob and Lifting Strength, this time lifting the world ocean in a reef blower after sucking it all up, and trying to figure out the LS required to only be moved 37.68 cm from the point blank explosion of said reef blower unphased.

How would one calculate the pressure, and explosion of the entire ocean from a very small container?

I assume the use of Fluid Pressure is fine, and then Newton Meters, but the circumstances are literally ridiculous lol
Almost sure It's just like that, even If It's ridicullous

Okay, simple question.

If one single atack hitted a castle breaking It apart and leaving a crater behind and I made a calculation on how much force was neededy to destroy the castle and other to make the creater, can I just add the values to het how much joules this atack had in AP? there is another way to add the values?

Is it possible to obtain the LS of someone who can brandish a sword that weighs 3e10 kg at Mach 40? Or is it considered calc staking? Note that the speed comes from a statement

Is it possible to obtain the LS of someone who can brandish a sword that weighs 3e10 kg at Mach 40? Or is it considered calc staking? Note that the speed comes from a statement
Speed coming from a statement cannot be considered calc-stacking. Ever.

You can do Force = Work/Displacement, Work can be derived from classic KE. But you will need the distance moved for displacement. 2 radians is apparently the default. From there you just find the total length of the weapon and multiply it with the radian value to get displacement in meters.

if it's a visual medium then you could calculate the KE of them swinging the sword, and divide it by the length of the arc they swung it in to get force in newtons

edit: ninja'd god DAMNIT

This infamous scene:

Was it right for me to use the full distance Yujiro walked (approximately, through pixel scaling) to get newton meters by dividing joules by said distance, or should I have used the low and high end potential thickness of the ballistic glass he was pressing his face into for it since that is the distance he's actually pushing/breaking the glass?

Calc blog

Last edited:
This infamous scene:

Was it right for me to use the full distance Yujiro walked (approximately, through pixel scaling) to get newton meters by dividing joules by said distance, or should I have used the low and high end potential thickness of the ballistic glass he was pressing his face into for it since that is the distance he's actually pushing/breaking the glass?

Calc blog
for the record, joules ARE newton meters. it's another way of writing the same measurement, like how you can write newtons as kg m/s^2.

you divide newton meters (joules) by meters (distance) to get newtons (force)

for the record, joules ARE newton meters. it's another way of writing the same measurement, like how you can write newtons as kg m/s^2.

you divide newton meters (joules) by meters (distance) to get newtons (force)
Ty for the clarification. Makes more sense. That said, the question remains whether it was correct for me to use the total distance Yujiro walked, or the distance (thickness) of the glass he spent like 20 seconds pushing?

Ty for the clarification. Makes more sense. That said, the question remains whether it was correct for me to use the total distance Yujiro walked, or the distance (thickness) of the glass he spent like 20 seconds pushing?
my initial thought is the thickness of the glass because that's where the force is being applied, that's where work is being done
and obviously to get LS from this you're rearranging the formula for work done, so

my initial thought is the thickness of the glass because that's where the force is being applied, that's where work is being done
and obviously to get LS from this you're rearranging the formula for work done, so
I was just worried using that thickness would have led to some pretty absurd results, hence my initial instinct was to use the distance traveled. Ty again for the help.

I have a couple of issues with this calc:
  • It a little unclear what's happening exactly happening for the feat, or if the calculation really matches up with what's happening
  • The feat was performed over a time frame of 3 seconds
  • What's to say the centinels were digging through dirt instead of rock? They did kick up a lot of dust from their digging
  • Looking at how close the towers are to the edge, the centinels probably wouldn't have needed to dig that much to make the shield towers fall down
  • This feat happens with Team RWBY is in Atlas, so technically it should only apply to characters' Atlas keys, not Post-Haven keys
  • What's to say that the Centinels instead dig out a torus shape or triagular prism shape or pyramid shape?

Back