• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Question for the people in the Calc Group, how much strength would a character need to thrown something from the surface of the Earth to the Sun

technically the minimum speed would be 11000m/s but like, that is just the speed necessary to leave earth's gravity

So I did a little digging and... https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=2863

On further research, aluminum in pure form is usually designated with the 1000s by aluminum distributors: https://www.aerospacemetals.com/aluminum-distributor.html

And doing a little comparing between the two (and using the Inspect Element tool on my browser because the table's divisions were improperly colored), aluminum has a shear strength (what we use for fragmentation values) ranging from 50 to 85 MPa depending on whether it was strain-hardened or not: https://prnt.sc/2jhFnuRlycKw

That table came from the same site you guys assumed 48.75 MPa from, btw. Also, a little advisory note, keep your eyes peeled, because for stuff like airplanes, aluminum may be alloyed.
I try looking for alloy stuff when things like this occur with regards to aircraft so there's that.

From minute 11:48 to 12:05 for the throwing into the Sun feat (Sorry in advance if you see ads, it was the only site with enough quality to use)

Last edited:
I got a question. What is the power difference between someone who scaled to 99.6 Megajoules and someone who scales to 5.20 Kilotons?
How many times stronger is the 5.20 than the 99.6?

How do I calculate the AP for making stone structures, like these spikes? Would it be like water feats where you use latent heat of fusion? I vaguely rememeber seeing a similar calculation for the FMA verse but can't find it to use as reference.

How much force would be required to tear off the roof of a car/truck?

AKA this
RCO023.jpg

Do I have to find the volume of a pistol and use the density of gold, and then apply tensile strength?
For obvious reasons, it wouldn't be actually made of gold because gun metallurgy would tear it to shreds, a gold leaf tint is more appropriate, so it should use gun steel.

Back