• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

If there are 5 wooden houses and I have calculated their individual width and height, overall length between the houses

How do I calculate them getting fragmented?
Calcing the distance between the houses isn't needed.

You would get the mass of the houses by finding the volume of each one in m^3, then apply a hollowness value for each house to find the true volume. Once that is done, multiply that by the fragmentation value of wood and that's your answer in Joules.

Calcing the distance between the houses isn't needed.
Why not? It's a Canon shooting houses from the front... So I measured the length of all the houses and the individual width and height of each house that got destroyed
then apply a hollowness value for each house to find the true volume.
How would I know that?
although often 80% to 90% hollowness is assumed
damn
You would get the mass of the houses by finding the volume of each one in m^3
Mmm 🤔

This is going to be harder than I thought 🙉😓, well... For me 🐵

🗿

Imma just draw lines that best fit🚶‍♂️
Is there official heights of any of the characters? I can pixel scale it

Basically you compare distances with pixels... It's more accurate the closer they are to the thing your comparing it to and or if there's no official statement yet on heights/distance you can use assumptions like average male height or something like that

Last edited:
Is there official heights of any of the characters? I can pixel scale it

Basically you compare distances with pixels... It's more accurate the closer they are to the thing your comparing it to and or if there's no official statement yet on heights/distance you can use assumptions like average male height or something like that
Yeah there is

This guy

Kyoka Hibari: 1.69m

Thanks in advance

If a character causes a shockwave (and let’s just say it can move at the speed of sound) and it disperses multiple clouds, should i use the speed that the clouds moved or could I just use the speed of sound from the shockwave for the KE?

If a character causes a shockwave (and let’s just say it can move at the speed of sound) and it disperses multiple clouds, should i use the speed that the clouds moved or could I just use the speed of sound from the shockwave for the KE?
Speed that the clouds moved.

No, the the initial speed of an object would still relate to KE in the same way underwater. It would just slow down faster due to drag force.
So if you have an object that’s moving at a certain speed under water (without any sort of constant propulsion) then you want to find the energy lost to drag and add it to the KE. Energy lost to drag is the drag force*distance travelled, though you’d probably need to use calculus since drag force varies with speed.

Here’s a link to the drag equation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_equation

Can you (are we allowed to) calculate the distance to the horizon for different planets?

How do I find the diameter for irregular shape continent? Do I use distance from north to south or something similar to that?

So I did a little digging and... https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=2863

On further research, aluminum in pure form is usually designated with the 1000s by aluminum distributors: https://www.aerospacemetals.com/aluminum-distributor.html

And doing a little comparing between the two (and using the Inspect Element tool on my browser because the table's divisions were improperly colored), aluminum has a shear strength (what we use for fragmentation values) ranging from 50 to 85 MPa depending on whether it was strain-hardened or not: https://prnt.sc/2jhFnuRlycKw

That table came from the same site you guys assumed 48.75 MPa from, btw. Also, a little advisory note, keep your eyes peeled, because for stuff like airplanes, aluminum may be alloyed.

I mean the part in th middle where the energy whips are wrapped around. It’s noticeably damaged
Ah okay I didn't see that at all so I wouldn't say noticeably damaged but I'd just measure the inner and outer diamter of the tree from the part that isn't damaged and the part that is in then you measure the height as well and after you get the surface area of the damaged portion find the MPa value for the tree and use the difference from the two diameters as the displacement multiplying that by the other value to get your yield

So after getting the necessary measures and such that'd be
(Volume in m^2) * (MPa value) * (displacement value)

If a character lifts or pulls the Sun, does that automatically place them at Star level? Or do you need to calculate the Potential Energy required to do such a feat? I got the question from seeing this profile and the corresponding calculation.
I was under the impression you couldn't directly relate LS to AP...

Last edited:
How do I calculate the creation of a Mountain Range by raising the Earth. Do I use m.g.h or is there any other method.

I has found the Surface Area of The Feat to be 3192 km^2 by using pixel scaling. Tho a calc does exist that puts it like 7000 km^2. Should I just use 7000+ km^2 since that is probably more accurate than mine or just continue with what I found.

Back