• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

What would the proper calculation method be to calculate the speed of not only outrun an incoming shockwave at lightspeed, but to dodge a similar shockwave as same speed, which they are 3 meters tall?
The person is 1 meter away from the first shockwave and moves 2.1 meters away from the source which has a range of 3 meters from the source, and dodges an incoming shockwave in the opposite direction which he is 2 meters away from and has a same range of 3 meters.

here are a couple calcs
  1. First, it would be the same calc as before to outrun a feat but times 2 since he is dodging two shockwaves at both ends.
    1. (2.1 x 299,792,458) / 3 = 209854720.6 * 2 = 419709441.2 m/s = 1.4 c
  2. Second would be to apply the added distance the person would need to dodge an incoming shockwave (which would be roughly 3 meters high)
    1. so taking the distance traveled and with the height to find the distance from dodging from above to below an incoming SW triangle style
      1. base 2.1 meters, height 3.1 = the other two sides is roughly 3.27 * 2 = 6.54 meters
    2. then adding that to the usual formula, (6.54 x 299,792,458) / 3 = 653547558.44 = 2.18 c
Thoughts?

What would the proper calculation method be to calculate the speed of not only outrun an incoming shockwave at lightspeed, but to dodge a similar shockwave as same speed, which they are 3 meters tall?
The person is 1 meter away from the first shockwave and moves 2.1 meters away from the source which has a range of 3 meters from the source, and dodges an incoming shockwave in the opposite direction which he is 2 meters away from and has a same range of 3 meters.

here are a couple calcs
  1. First, it would be the same calc as before to outrun a feat but times 2 since he is dodging two shockwaves at both ends.
    1. (2.1 x 299,792,458) / 3 = 209854720.6 * 2 = 419709441.2 m/s = 1.4 c
  2. Second would be to apply the added distance the person would need to dodge an incoming shockwave (which would be roughly 3 meters high)
    1. so taking the distance traveled and with the height to find the distance from dodging from above to below an incoming SW triangle style
      1. base 2.1 meters, height 3.1 = the other two sides is roughly 3.27 * 2 = 6.54 meters
    2. then adding that to the usual formula, (6.54 x 299,792,458) / 3 = 653547558.44 = 2.18 c
Thoughts?
I already talked to extensively about this also why are you suddenly changing the feat? This was a relativistic+ feat from what you posted in the evaluation thread

This is the blog

This was my comment:

This is wrong
(3 meters * 299,792,458 m/s) / 1 meters = 899 377 374 m/s

It should be this:

3 meters /299,792,458 m/s = 10.0069229 nanoseconds

If he's 1m away then he'd have to travel at least 2m to be out of range of its 3m radius so

2.1m/10.0069229 nanoseconds = 209,854,720m/s or 0.699999998c (Relativistic+)

Last edited:
I already talked to extensively about this also why are you suddenly changing the feat? This was a relativistic+ feat from what you posted in the evaluation thread
It was incomplete as there are factors that have not been accounted for (due to my laps in knowledge). there is more than one shockwave dodged

It was incomplete as there are factors that have not been accounted for (due to my laps in knowledge). there is more than one shockwave dodged
So show in the original source where the second shockwave came from? You haven't at all provided any evidence and keep switching the calc up to get high results whenever I comment on your claims

you mean a visual of the second shockwave?
Your feat is text based there isn't even a visual. I have the text right here:

"What did I tell you about dying in the open?" the little Ghost cried in frustration. Determined, he rose into the air, but the Hive Knight was already charging across the Trostland cobblestones.

A sudden explosion of Void energy took the Knight by surprise, but it dodged the pulsing shockwaves of a Vortex Grenade. A tall Warlock in a worn green robe loped from the treeline and slid to a stop before Bask. She hastily formed a ball of Light in her palm and slammed it into the ground. Delicate wisps of energy began to rise from the soil."

If you're gonna do any calcs with a visual I've already informed you a clip of said feat must be provided not some random px scale with nothing to back it up

Your feat is text based there isn't even a visual. I have the text right here:

"What did I tell you about dying in the open?" the little Ghost cried in frustration. Determined, he rose into the air, but the Hive Knight was already charging across the Trostland cobblestones.

A sudden explosion of Void energy took the Knight by surprise, but it dodged the pulsing shockwaves of a Vortex Grenade. A tall Warlock in a worn green robe loped from the treeline and slid to a stop before Bask. She hastily formed a ball of Light in her palm and slammed it into the ground. Delicate wisps of energy began to rise from the soil."

If you're gonna do any calcs with a visual I've already informed you a clip of said feat must be provided not some random px scale with nothing to back it up
here is a clip of the vortex grenade with the shockwave inward, which is the same one from the text.

here is a clip of the vortex grenade with the shockwave inward, which is the same one from the text.

This literally is not a clip from the image you are using now to px scale and justify your new calc

I need video from the exact same source of where you got your image from since you're not longer using the text to prove your feat is genuine

This literally is not a clip from the image you are using now to px scale and justify your new calc

I need video from the exact same source of where you got your image from since you're not longer using the text to prove your feat is genuine
I said I didn't have a clip from it, but this is to show you where the other shockwave came from which was from outside pulsing inward, the text and clip with the vortex grenade are the same, it doesn't matter where it is used, the mechanics are the same. considering that the calc I did only had one shockwave and not another which the text stated.

I said I didn't have a clip from it, but this is to show you where the other shockwave came from which was from outside pulsing inward, the text and clip with the vortex grenade are the same, it doesn't matter where it is used, the mechanics are the same. considering that the calc I did only had one shockwave and not another which the text stated.
If you don't clip of said feat happening then you can't justify using an inage to pixel scale as I've repeatedly told you. Once again your feat is based off of trxt alone which doesn't support what you've been saying or how you're trying to calc this for FTL

If you don't clip of said feat happening then you can't justify using an inage to pixel scale as I've repeatedly told you. Once again your feat is based off of trxt alone which doesn't support what you've been saying or how you're trying to calc this for FTL
I am not pixel scaling, I am using the mechanics of the Vortex Grenade which has multiple shockwaves, which the text states as well, and the calc didn't cover the other one(s) since it was just the one radiating from the source. far as I am concerned, that is incomplete.

am not pixel scaling
Then remove that image and its entirety from your calc in the blog and stop using that as a justification

, I am using the mechanics of the Vortex Grenade which has multiple shockwaves, which the text states as well, and the calc didn't cover the other one(s) since it was just the one radiating from the source
Bruh even from the video you sent me the shockwaves pulse out from the center of the grenade if they dodged even 1 of them and got out of the radius then they've only dodged one this avoiding the rest so the calc is complete. The grenade isn't following them around on legs or something its right where it is so there's no justification for trying to say he dodged 3.1m from another shockwave to inflate the results to FTL

Then remove that image and its entirety from your calc in the blog and stop using that as a justification

Bruh even from the video you sent me the shockwaves pulse out from the center of the grenade if they dodged even 1 of them and got out of the radius then they've only dodged one this avoiding the rest so the calc is complete. The grenade isn't following them around on legs or something its right where it is so there's no justification for trying to say he dodged 3.1m from another shockwave to inflate the results to FTL
okay, will remove the image.

The text said that he dodged multiple ones, which would mean he did not get out of the radius especially how the other shockwave implodes to the center from the radius. and from the video, if he dodged one and not the inward shockwave, that sort of ignores the text, the enemies are damaged from the radius of which the shockwave traveled inward, and pulls the enemies in. again, incomplete if calcing only one.

The text said that he dodged multiple ones, which would mean he did not get out of the radius especially
The text said this
A sudden explosion of Void energy took the Knight by surprise, but it dodged the pulsing shockwaves of a Vortex Grenade
Pulsing shockwaves of a vortext grenade is literally just the text describing the nature of vortex grenades it's not literally saying he's repeatedly dodging shockwaves back to back, that's an insane reach
that sort of ignores the text,
No it doesn't as explained above
the enemies are damaged from the radius of which the shockwave traveled inward, and pulls the enemies in. again,
False in the video you sent it explodes its first shockwave first then forms a bubble that pulls people inwards while pulsing.

The text said this

Pulsing shockwaves of a vortext grenade is literally just the text describing the nature of vortex grenades it's not literally saying he's repeatedly dodging shockwaves back to back, that's an insane reach

No it doesn't as explained above

False in the video you sent it explodes its first shockwave first then forms a bubble that pulls people inwards while pulsing.
it is not, there are at least two, and since there is one radiating outward and imploding inward to dodge them while he is inside the radius moving outward. which the explosion doesn't radiate 3 meters, less than that, and is rather inconsistent with how high the energy reached in several areas, more than 3 meters, the shockwaves came after. as the text stated that the explosion happened first.

it is not, there are at least two, and since there is one radiating outward and imploding inward
They CAN BOTH HAPPEN ITS JUST NOT AT THE SAME TIME, you own video clearly shows the intial explosion then bubble that pulls inward in pulses...

the shockwaves came after. as the text stated that the explosion happened first
It didn't say one happened first before the other

it says the explosion overtook the knight but he dodged the pulsing shockwaves ofna vortex grenade.

Which again as I've already clarified to you in this context is just using the worlds pulsing shockwaves as a descriptor for the vortexe grenade and it isn't literally saying he dodged multiple shockwaves back to back

They CAN BOTH HAPPEN ITS JUST NOT AT THE SAME TIME, you own video clearly shows the intial explosion then bubble that pulls inward in pulses...

It didn't say one happened first before the other

it says the explosion overtook the knight but he dodged the pulsing shockwaves ofna vortex grenade.

Which again as I've already clarified to you in this context is just using the worlds pulsing shockwaves as a descriptor for the vortexe grenade and it isn't literally saying he dodged multiple shockwaves back to back
Which the text indicates as two separate occasions based on the order of events, which the explosion took the Knight by surprise first, followed by his dodging of the shockwaves. we did not see multiple pulse rhythmic one after another, multiple shockwaves can occur in a single one as well. but you said that they didn't happen at the same time, if it overtook him, that means he is faster than the radiating explosion, as it caught up and passed him, which would mean he is still within the radius when shockwaves pulse inward, which again would require more calcing to get out of.

I'll just wait to hear staff opinions here I've talked about this for days now

Guys I need help I don't know how to calc this black hole speed feat how can I do it?

JvdNlJetNoHihuVWBqqL-fsdWQNVCaBzH8ZqCmULzIv9LBLL6eEPd2cZOuRSvSPU-m4m2gideGpEKM8JLwbyh9A3JC-MgJR_1tOv3WwMI3HqR5JdouR8S0OWqcEQYaF3gV4pwlwYdg=s0

Hello, can these feats be used to calculate speed (perception and attack respectively) and how? Thanks in advance
Time then lost meaning for her, perception stretching it like taffy as long as she needed. The others had seen her eager and radiant smile, her sparkling eyes, the tilt of her head as she found herself lost in wonderment, encompassing perhaps a fraction of a moment of elapsed objective time. By contrast, Jean could have sworn she was engrossed for hours.
And with those words, he cast forth into the heart of her the very best of himself, only a fraction of an unmeasurable pulse of time before she struck what remained of his body with such force that it instantly shattered into less than its component atoms.

No, the calc is based on mass and density, not apparent volume, so there’s no need to account for hollowness.
Thanks for the insight.
So if you know the mass and density of the object, and then calc the volume from that (instead of calcing the volume through pixel-scaling, for example), there's no use for hollowness consideration?

Thanks for the insight.
So if you know the mass and density of the object, and then calc the volume from that (instead of calcing the volume through pixel-scaling, for example), there's no use for hollowness consideration?
Yep, if you have the mass of the building and calc based on density then you’re directly calculating the volume of material used instead of the size of the whole building, so there’s no hollowness in what you calculated.

If there are 5 wooden houses and I have calculated their individual width and height, overall length between the houses

How do I calculate them getting fragmented?

Back