• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ÔÇ£Mon" discussion board: Currently in beta

Bobsican said:
Even the classic No Guard Deoxys Speed set with Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine and Worry Seed?
Why would it have 3 OHKO moves? Isn't max PP for each 8? With No Guard & only 6 opposing Pokemon, you have a small room for error with 1 max PP OHKO, & plenty with 2 slots filled. Where's the Spore or Encore? Also, is Worry Seed better than Gastro Acid? Is Rest that common?

1: Since Gen 7 (I think it may have been since Gen 6, but I´m not sure), Ice type Pokémon are immune to Sheer Cold, Flying/Levitate or similar Pokémon are immune to Fissure, and only Ghost type Pokémon are immune to Guillotine.

Sturdy Pokémon and a Levitate Froslass are the only things immune to all the above, and Worry Seed is better as it can also affect Steel types.

Oh yeah since Yu-Gi-Oh has been mentioned here, im also gonna mention another card-game based verse that I am currently working on adding to the wikia :D

Cardfight!! Vanguard everybody
Cardfight Vanguard logo

@Bobsican: From what I've looked up, Gastro Acid DOES work on Steel types, like most Status moves that aren't Thunder Wave. Even then, there's still another option in Entrainment; Pokemon with No Guard are guaranteed to have all their attacks land, but can't evade attacks themselves anyway, so giving your opponent No Guard isn't an issue unless you switch/faint.

And yes, Ice-types are immune, but it's unlikely your opponent's whole team will be Ice-type, which is probably what the rest of your team is for, & Spore/Encore gives you an out. (They may also help if your opponent uses a faster Me First user, assuming Me First works on OHKO attacks.)

Solitaire seemingly qualifies, but what about other collectable/trading card games that aren't turn-based RPGs? (Competitive solitaire discussion when?)

Imaginym said:
@Bobsican:
From what I've looked up, Gastro Acid DOES work on Steel types, like most Status moves that aren't Thunder Wave. Even then, there's still another option in Entrainment; Pokemon with No Guard are guaranteed to have all their attacks land, but can't evade attacks themselves anyway, so giving your opponent No Guard isn't an issue unless you switch/faint.

And yes, Ice-types are immune, but it's unlikely your opponent's whole team will be Ice-type, which is probably what the rest of your team is for, & Spore/Encore gives you an out. (They may also help if your opponent uses a faster Me First user, assuming Me First works on OHKO attacks.)
Thinking on it, another option might be to use Fissure (& probably also Sheer Cold.) & Trick an Iron Ball onto the opponent (Or run Gravity) , but that requires dealing with halved speed until you "drop the ball".

Pardon my nerdery, please.

The meta abuses a lot Wonder Guard, so the set is usually used as a late game sweeper anyways.

Which is also why Choice Scarf Imposter Blisseys aren´t unheard of

I just watched 6 videos at a total of just over 43 minutes, a win/loss ratio of 5:1, all the guy fought were bots and yet he still sucked.

I remember when I made the Shodown staff lose their minds when I brought Illusion Mega Kangaskhan in Balanced Hackmons.

Let´s just say Illusion prevents Imposter from working, meaning that my broken set of Nature´s Madness, Extreme Speed, Night Shade and Power Trip after Baton Passing a Normalize Mega Gengar with the moveset of Acupressure, Mean Look, Entainment and Baton Pass broke the meta until Illusion was downright banned.

Yobo Blue said:
MOST SAVAGE YUGIOH PLAY EVER! INSANE FIELD! OPPONENT LOSES ALL CARDS EXODIA!!
MOST SAVAGE YUGIOH PLAY EVER! INSANE FIELD! OPPONENT LOSES ALL CARDS EXODIA!!

In Pokémon terms, this is like having three Mega Rayquazas that completely negate all flying weaknesses on the field on your side in a triple battle with three Arceus in reserve.
After some actual research, it´s more like as if you had 5 Imposter Chanseys with Imprison passively activated and a No Guard Deoxys Speed with Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine and Worry Seed.

How many Dinosaurs can you guys name? Triceratops, Allosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Ankylosaur, Stegosaur, Brachiosaur, Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus, Spinosaur, Saurolophus, Anatosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Apatosaurus (informally called "Brontosaurus"), Pteranodon, Pterodactylus, Oviraptor, Velociraptor, Tylosaurus, Diplodocus, Dimetrodon, Aerodactylus, Rhamphorhynchids, Pachycephalosaurus, Micropachycephalosaurus, Protoceratops, Archaeopteryx, Amargasaurus, Psittacosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Styracosaurus.

DK made me love both Spinosaurus and Saurophaganax. Tho JPIII really set my interest for the Spinosaurus

Epsilon R said:
HenryWong122 said:
How many Dinosaurs can you guys name?
likely every dinosaur that appeared in the 1st season (around 40)
Like these?

Fire Dinosaurs

Altered/Armored Fire Dinosaurs

Water Dinosaurs

Water Move Card Dinosaurs

Altered/Armored Water Dinosaurs

Lightning Dinosaurs

Altered/Armored Lightning Dinosaurs

Earth Dinosaurs

Altered/Armored Earth Dinosaurs

Grass Dinosaurs

Grass Move Card Dinosaurs

Altered/Armored Grass Dinosaurs

Wind Dinosaurs

Altered/Armored Wind Dinosaurs

Secret Dinosaurs

Altered/Armored Secret Dinosaurs

Normal Move Card Dinosaurs

Well, now that I remember, at the end of Dino King, there were some 2-C feats and the Dinos got an enhanced armored form, I think.

And the "Dinosaur Tablet" key at Chomp´s profile should be removed, as we don´t have keys for Pokémon while being in their Poké Balls, after all.

Back