• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ÔÇ£Mon" discussion board: Currently in beta

Personally I don't like platonic lore in my monster fighting games which is why I'm the Pokémon guy. Also competitive scene and a more complex gameplay while remaining simple at its core. Types are complex with how most of them interact if you think about it, STAB exists, there's, Weather, abilities to go with moves, vastly more varied attacks, and EVs and IVs.

Pokemon is simple, but Pokemon is also a franchise that focuses more on Gameplay and culture more than SMT and Digimon who prefer to deal with more conceptual subjects, cosmology, lore and simply expanding their universes and philosophies. Not all monster fighters need to be simple and not all need to be complex, that's what gives them their own identity.

Obviously not against that. Just saying I prefer my video games to focus their video gameplay. It's a subjective opinion and I'm not denying that, but if I wanted lore to be more important than gameplay in a video game (and I'm not saying either SMT and Digimon are), I'd go read a visual novel. Which is why I respect Nintendo's philosophy of gameplay first, story second.

I mean, Digimon is not mainly games. Also, what about series of games that focus on lore and whatnot? Not all games are made for the same reason. People make games for money and fun obviously, but these people also have a story to tell and a world they want to create. You can explain lore and have more fun at the same time. Limiting expression is not a good thing whatsoever and developers should be able to express their lore however they please. As someone who is going into this field I can go on a discussion like this for awhile. You can make a fun game and still focus on lore and make it more important. You don't need to have a Visual Novel for that. You can be a Turn based RPG and still focus heavily on lore and story. Gameplay first and story second is a good philosophy, but is also flawed as well. I want something other than gameplay to hook me in. Doesn't need to be complicated, but give me something of a decent story for me to sink my teeth into. Games like Disgaea and Cyber Sleuth get this right.

Also, Digimon's next game is a Visual Novel sooooo.....

I suppose an "anti-theist" might be a better name for it, but even then, Gods only exist and have power because we believe in them. We wake the **** up and remember they're myths given form and we can beat the hell out of them. That's what I mean, basically, that's the disrespectful energy I like. And I personally don't think you can call the Axiom a god, because everything Steven is saying could be an interpretation of a universal force carrying out its natural functions. It doesn't have to be Sapient or Sentient to be exactly as it is. What's more, I don't have to worship it, especially considering if it was sentient, it failed at completely controlling its rogue aspect Yahweh who was so childish and greedy that he throws everything off balance and monopolized our observation to strengthen himself.

What if Aliens exist in SMT? Would they have Observation too?

DragonEmperor23 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also, Digimon's next game is a Visual Novel sooooo.....
Any new news on that btw?
We likely won't get anymore news until October as that's when Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory Complete will be released on the Switch.

It looks really good. Now, the question for me is, is the gameplay actually a turn based rpg or is it fire emblem where you only have one attack or type of action?

Back