• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ÔÇ£Mon" discussion board: Currently in beta

Also, from what I can tell, the Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG and TCG Meta are vastly different, despite being only a few waves away from each other.

Drite77 said:
Bobsican said:
Smogon managed to make competitive Pokémon actually bearable, but Nintendo itself, on the other hand...
But even then, people still don't like it
At least it actually is pretty balanced, after all, Blaziken being a fan favorite being sent to Ubers via overcentralizing the metagame comes to mind.

It´s funny how Unow and Mesprit are some of the worst options in competitive but in canon they solo your verse.

Oh, and Pokémon will probably never have a thing like the "Kaiju Phenomenon".

And it's sad since Kaijus were just an experimental archetype by themselves, but because of their main mechanic, they basically advanced the game to a whole new phase (not only by themselves but they still contributed the most), while still remaining sub-par archetype at best by themselves.

DMB 1 said:
Oh, and Pokémon will probably never have a thing like the "Kaiju Phenomenon".
And it's sad since Kaijus were just an experimental archetype by themselves, but because of their main mechanic, they basically advanced the game to a whole new phase (not only by themselves but they still contributed the most), while still remaining sub-par archetype at best by themselves.
Diabolos says hi to Kaijus

Drite77 said:
Also, we should have some profile for Dinosaur King
I was thinking of making a blog for them in the future. They're suprisingly very OP. Not Pokemon level OP, but very OP.

Theres a tier 2 Dinosaur or 2 lol.

I'll definitely look into it. Most of the Dinosaurs arent too OP (besides the tier 2 ones I mentioned above) from what I remember but they should definitely be higher than tier 9.

Least it gives me a reason to rewatch the show lol.

Yobo Blue said:
The Pokémon couldn't be as cancerous as the Yu-Gi-Oh! Meta if they tried.
You should try the Pure Hackmons metagame.

It´s basically as it sounds, every Pokémon can have 252 EVs on all stats, Pokémon can be sent out already Primal Devolved/Mega Evolved, any move in the game and any ability.

- Imposter Eviolite Chansey

- Wonder Guard + Air Balloon Zeraora

- Contrary (V-Create, Dragon Ascense, Draco Meteor, etc.), Aerilate or Triage (because Oblivion Wing spam) Mega Rayquaza

- Mold Breaker Deoxys Speed with Spore, Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock

- Refrigerate White Kyurem (Boomburst spam)

- Sturdy Shedinja (Not really used anymore are Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam and Photon Geyser are pretty common around)

- Anything being able to have Pure Power, Huge Power or Parental Bond

- Soundproof Perish Song Magearna

The meta is very overcentralized in Imposter Chansey, as its absurd HP combined with Eviolite means that it will always be bulkier than whatever it copies.

Anything also potentially having the Illusion ability also turns matches into downright unfair.

I can rewatch the series to gather feats, scaling and such if that helps.

I have almost finished re-re-rewatching season 1. But it'll be hard for season 2 because there's missing episodes in my country

Epsilon R said:
I can rewatch the series to gather feats, scaling and such if that helps.
I have almost finished re-re-rewatching season 1. But it'll be hard for season 2 because there's missing episodes in my country
I could do Season 2 if you want? It's available in mine. I even have it on Netflix actually lol.

You should try the Pure Hackmons metagame.

It´s basically as it sounds, every Pokémon can have 252 EVs on all stats, Pokémon can be sent out already Primal Devolved/Mega Evolved, any move in the game and any ability.

- Imposter Eviolite Chansey

- Wonder Guard + Air Balloon Zeraora

- Contrary (V-Create, Dragon Ascense, Draco Meteor, etc.), Aerilate or Triage (because Oblivion Wing spam) Mega Rayquaza

- Mold Breaker Deoxys Speed with Spore, Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock

- Refrigerate White Kyurem (Boomburst spam)

- Sturdy Shedinja (Not really used anymore are Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam and Photon Geyser are pretty common around)

- Anything being able to have Pure Power, Huge Power or Parental Bond

- Soundproof Perish Song Magearna

The meta is very overcentralized in Imposter Chansey, as its absurd HP combined with Eviolite means that it will always be bulkier than whatever it copies.

Anything also potentially having the Illusion ability also turns matches into downright unfair.

Weak

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I have almost finished re-re-rewatching season 1. But it'll be hard for season 2 because there's missing episodes in my country I could do Season 2 if you want? It's available in mine. I even have it on Netflix actually lol.
Yeah it would be great.
Having DK profiles was the reason I came to this wiki, but I'm not really good for calcs

There is an episode where chomp is tossed on the Sagrada Familia and completely destroyed it. Currently searching the episode

Edit: season 1 episode 40

I hate the fact that in Pokemon normally a double battle is 6 & 3 vs 3 & 3 and sometimes its 6 & 6 vs 3 and 3 but never 6 & 6 vs 6 & 6.

Back