• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ÔÇ£Mon" discussion board: Currently in beta

SMT is better than all of these. Because I can fight next to them. And they scare me with their demonic whispers.

Fight me, Megami Tensei and SMT came first (yes, I say this knowing what retrograde means) and is responsible for every aspect of persona. That's like saying the first part of DragonBall is a rip off of GT, or that Part 1 of Jojo's is a rip-off of Part 2. This joke isn't even good!

How do you even retrograde rip-off something that only exists because it took unique spins off of YOU? What?!

Ok that last one, I **** with. I feel like Persona 5 specifically would do good with Jojo's type shit. Like Stands and Personas are the same but different. One is, like, significantly spiritual and mental, while the other one is more like Psychic stuff I guess— but either way. "?! An enemy persona user!? Goro?!! Oh MY GOD!!!"

We have Lucemon vs YHVH going on that is leaning towards being Inconclusive. Nanashi vs Lucemon is also still a thing that is unfinished.

As if that ******* matters tho. Not only are we on the same tier, but I, as a human atheist, can determine how weak or strong shit is by "observing" shit and fighting alongside my broken ass demons. In Digimon, i'm useless. I get speedblitzed unless i'm doing spirit evolution. The fact that I can get strong and fight alongside my mons in that is what makes it better than Digimon.

I do like SMT's partner mechanic more than Digimon, however I enjoy Digimon as a franchise more as I prefer the monster designs and characters more than SMT's. Thus, I prefer Digimon and personally like it much more than SMT, making it better in my eyes.

Most mon series are better than SMT imo as the designs for the mons are vastly superior to those in SMT. Sure it's a hot take but I really dislike the designs for the demons/monsters in SMT barring like, a select dozen. Not dozens, dozen as in singular.

I like both their lores equally tbh. Both have very similar lore and cosmology in reality, with Digimo currently having a larger one.

Fun fact: Digimon in terms of design at least (possibly even more) was based off of SMT.

Amexim said:
As if that ******* matters tho. Not only are we on the same tier, but I, as a human atheist, can determine how weak or strong shit is by "observing" shit and fighting alongside my broken ass demons. In Digimon, i'm useless. I get speedblitzed unless i'm doing spirit evolution. The fact that I can get strong and fight alongside my mons in that is what makes it better than Digimon.
Or you could just fuse with your partner Digimon with Matrix evolution just like in tamers.

Yeah, like, Digital Monster Saga instead of Digital Devil Story.

For me, it's the tone, designs, ideals, and mechanics of SMT that steal me from other games. I can agree that Lucemon looks better than older versions of Lucifer, but I don't get to punch Yahweh in the face in the same... I don't get SMT out of Digimon, you know?

But Roast the demon designs cal.

I don't want to be combined with those creatures. And notice how, aside from Masaru, you have to jump through hoops just to be able to be on the front lines. And the game mechanics of fighting together feels better too? Yikes.

Also, I want competitive SMT in SMT V. But you can fight with your demons also.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the game's lore. Well...kinda. As a theist it's kinda infuriating but once you look past that you're good. Though if you think about it, the game's premise is allowing a couple teenagers to decide the fate of the multiverse lol.

Digimon is more light-hearted than SMT, But Digimon has some very serious tones, ideals and mechanics in itself. SMT as a whole interests me, but it just doesn't hit that itch Digimon gives me. Digimon balances Dark and Serious tones and imagery and Light hearted tones real well.

It's kinda hard to be an Athiest in SMT when these Gods are in your face and the Axiom is a thing lol.

Back