• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Akaza can't move fast enough to defend or dodge, then he can't really do much about an attack even if he knows that it is coming or where it is coming from.
Doesn't the Compass needle react to the speed of the opponent? Wouldn't he just dodge it, since the compass is said to be automatic?

Doesn't the Compass needle react to the speed of the opponent? Wouldn't he just dodge it, since the compass is said to be automatic?
Even if the reaction is instant the same can't be said about the movement. Akaza would need to cover a certain distance to get out of the way of an attack and that will obviously be outright impossible against MFTL+, Infinite or Immeasurable attacks for example.

Even if the reaction is instant the same can't be said about the movement. Akaza would need to cover a certain distance to get out of the way of an attack and that will obviously be outright impossible against MFTL+, Infinite or Immeasurable attacks for example.
Yeah, obviously. I'm talking about against Hashiras Or inverse people.

No hashira can bypass his compass without the selfless state, right?

Yeah, obviously. I'm talking about against Hashiras Or inverse people.

No hashira can bypass his compass without the selfless state, right?
I'm not inclined to believe that there is a Pillar who is that much faster than Akaza.

logically and by computation there is a very high probability that something like 90% or close to 90% will happen.
It would still be factually wrong to say that this was outright stated and that can get the wrong impression.

nope.
150 human = %100
so %90 = 135
muzan eats nearly 140 human
so regains 90% of its former strength
Do you think Muzan would get thousands of years of power from 150 weak Demon slayers, even if this were true?

(Which it isn't. Muzan lost his power from the drug, he didn't get power back.)

Also, where did you get this amount of people from?

I'm not inclined to believe that there is a Pillar who is that much faster than Akaza.
giyuu ,(dodged muzan)
muichiro, (dodged kokushibo)
shinobu, (blitz to douma)
sanemi ,(solo dodged muzan)
gyomei, (dodged muzan)
obanai, (solo dodged muzan)
faster than akaza

giyuu ,(dodged muzan)
gyomei, (dodged muzan)
faster than akaza
Akaza with his Reactive Power Level, Precognition, and Instinctive Reaction would still be able to react to them all. Since their profiles don't show any negation to these abilities.

statements say so
Which we just discussed weren't true. AND they never said "90%". They just said they'll be helping his recovery.

AVvXsEi3LMiZctsFJ8vXKustCTzAb2lUObIioEgWoL2ymQ5mlyb-EfffemPBQulHMvWHeKm14oFRqpsrKlSdaQ8tlvzqezgiFFywY382yBxDebUw3PGbsxu5a-aFDmLKn19sBDqFlP2bXlZg9gLf9Bt07BREe6w9uVsAyfzLmRHDIobvm2zvtIVV3zqVqkwZ_g=s0

giyuu ,(dodged muzan)
gyomei, (dodged muzan)
faster than akaza
I wasn't talking about merely being faster. You should pay attention to the wording.

I wasn't talking about merely being faster. You should pay attention to the wording.
Is it correct that the Hashira cannot beat Akaza in a 1v1 fight, since they don't have precog negation and no way to hide their battle spirits?

(I don't want to make stomp threads in the future)

of course taking yoriichi out of the account cus hes way out of any hashiras league

Is it correct that the Hashira cannot beat Akaza in a 1v1 fight, since they don't have precog negation and no way to hide their battle spirits?

(I don't want to make stomp threads in the future)

of course taking yoriichi out of the account cus hes way out of any hashiras league
Well, some of them have access to Transparent World, so I guess you are talking about those who don't? I'm not going to say anything definitive since there is probably a lot of arguing that could be done there but it's true that Akaza's ability will cause them trouble since they can't counter it.

Well, some of them have access to Transparent World, so I guess you are talking about those who don't? I'm not going to say anything definitive since there is probably a lot of arguing that could be done there but it's true that Akaza's ability will cause them trouble since they can't counter it.
You may have been misinformed so let me try to explain.

TPW is connected to Selfless State, but it doesn't unlock automatically.
TPW does NOT rid you of your battle spirit, Selfless State does.
No one other than Tanjiro, Tanjirou (Tanjiro's Father), Yoriichi hasn't been shown to use Selfless State.

cannot start war with compass (unless specified)
If he's bloodlusted, He will. Despite contrary beliefs, Akaza doesn't need to stomp his foot down on the ground to activate the Compass. He can just activate it since it's his BDA. (We've seen BDA's get remotely activated) And as soon as its activated, He'll react via Instinctive Reaction

Anyway, lets go back to waiting for votes, i'll also wait for Nehz's answer on this.

You may have been misinformed so let me try to explain.

TPW is connected to Selfless State, but it doesn't unlock automatically.
TPW does NOT rid you of your battle spirit, Selfless State does.
No one other than Tanjiro, Tanjirou (Tanjiro's Father), Yoriichi hasn't been shown to use Selfless State.
I'm already aware of how the Kimetsu no Yaiba Wiki categorizes these abilities and I have to tell you that they are currently not treated as separate on the VS Battles profiles, so that might be a possible topic for a CRT. It's also worth noting that the manga never actually made a point of explicitly distinguishing between these two things as far as I'm aware.

I'm already aware of how the Kimetsu no Yaiba Wiki categorizes these abilities and I have to tell you that they are currently not treated as separate on the VS Battles profiles, so that might be a possible topic for a CRT. It's also worth noting that the manga never actually made a point of explicitly distinguishing between these two things as far as I'm aware.
Well, it's very implied IMHO, Because Muzan comments on How Yoriichi has no intent to fight, or a battle spirit.
Tanjiro's dad, Tanjuro, is implied to have this as well because he was the one who taught him this in the first place.
Tanjiro has it because... Well, Akaza says so, lol.

Akaza implied that; Selfless State is the highest state of physical combat one can ever achieve.
So even Rengoku and Even Gyomei were not able to reach this state, because it's more likely a perk only to sun breath inherenters.

The Selfless state or state of the highest is not the same as the transparent world that for instance, Gyomei unlocked. Tanjiro accessed this state by using memories of his father who was also a sun breath user. So it's special to sun users as far as we see

Tanjiro's hair and mark color change when entering the state against Akaza is also another proof that a sun breath user only can activate it since a similar change never happened to any hashira before.

Well, it's very implied IMHO, Because Muzan comments on How Yoriichi has no intent to fight, or a battle spirit.
Tanjiro's dad, Tanjuro, is implied to have this aswell because he was the one who taught him this in the first place.
Tanjiro has it because... Well akaza says so, lol.
That shows instances where characters commented on this aspect of their capabilities. It doesn't say that it is separate from Transparent World.

Tanjiro's dad, Tanjuro, is implied to have this as well because he was the one who taught him this in the first place.
Tanjiro has it because... Well, Akaza says so, lol.

Akaza implied that; Selfless State is the highest state of physical combat one can ever achieve.
So even Rengoku and Even Gyomei were not able to reach this state, because it's more likely a perk only to sun breath inherenters.

The Selfless state or state of the highest is not the same as the transparent world that for instance, Gyomei unlocked. Tanjiro accessed this state by using memories of his father who was also a sun breath user. So it's special to sun users as far as we see

Tanjiro's hair and mark color change when entering the state against Akaza is also another proof that a sun breath user only can activate it since a similar change never happened to any hashira before.
What about these ^^?
That shows instances where characters commented on this aspect of their capabilities. It doesn't say that it is separate from Transparent World.

What about these ^^?
That indeed offers more details regarding this but it isn't anything definitive. Crimson Red Nichirin Blades were also thought to be exclusive to Sun Breathing but the Pillars proved that wrong, so there only being direct statements for Sun Breathing users isn't a clear proof. There is also how Akaza stated that Rengoku was close to supreme territory and how Rengoku was apparently able to see Tanjiro's torn blood vessel.

There is also how Akaza stated that Rengoku was close to supreme territory
This is correct, But he also said he'd never reach it. He thought it was because he was a human,
But it looks like its definitive to Sun Breathers.

Crimson Red Nichirin Blades were also thought to be exclusive to Sun Breathing but the Pillars proved that wrong
Since when was that a thing.... lol. Even then, the pillars never proved THIS theory wrong.

It's true that the obanai is physically weak but There is no obstacle for obanai to damage the gyomei . obanai is strong enough to cut the neck of muzan. The mention of gyomei being strongest in the databooks and manga is before the war, and people who say it didn't watch when gyomei and obanai fight in a bloodthirsty state, so it's not very reliable.
Obanai has never shown decent feats on muzan. He always got help. For example, while Muzan was fighting with 2 people, he attacked from behind. This goes into the off guard. Likewise, his obanai is not strong enough to cut muzan's neck. In the panel you mentioned, Muzan was fighting both obanai, giyuu and mitsuri. So what you said is also invalid. Obanai was able to perform on only 10k Muzan feats.

This is correct, But he also said he'd never reach it. He thought it was because he was a human,
But it looks like its definitive to Sun Breathers.

Since when was that a thing.... lol. Even then, the pillars never proved THIS theory wrong.
That was Akaza's own view and while he had respect for Rengoku's strength and was certainly one of the more knowledgeable characters regarding this specific matter he is also hardly unbiased and trying to convince Rengoku to become a demon. Without a statement this is hardly definitive.

In chapter 175 Kokushibo directly compared Muichiro's Crimson Red Nichirin Blade with Yoriichi's which combined with Kokushibo never displaying or being stated to have that ability implies that he can't turn his own blade red and since he was basically the best swordsman after Yoriichi in their generation it's likely that no one else from their managed to gain that ability either and it would probably have been mentioned if someone other than Yoriichi and Kokushibo gained that ability. At the beginning of chapter 176 Kokushibo outright comments on how they could turn their blades red despite not having Sun Breathing, so he definitely thought that this was necessary for having Crimson Red Nichirin Blades. That theory uses the same basic underlying assumptions and reasoning and is therefore not any less liable to get proven wrong in the hypothetical future of the setting though that isn't anything we would get to see with the series having concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back