• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@denzeelmao
Stomp thread. Obanai destroys Gyomei. Stop being biased, theres literally a panel in the manga where Obanai states he's the strongest. If you'd like, I can post it.
Why should Obanai destroy Gyomei? Gyomei is rather consistently portrayed and stated to be the strongest Pillar.

I even have a better argument i found, that i think will shut this case down. (Not my argument, but still facts.)

Iguro entered fresh against Muzan with no injuries or fatigue of any sort, whereas other Hashira were heavily injured and fatigued from their previous UM fights.

• Giyuu was fatigued, and fought with a broken sword and an almost dead arm(from the Akaza fight) against Muzan.
  • Sanemi was fatigued, and injured, missing 2 fingers, and holding his guts with bandages.
  • Gyomei was fatigued, cut, and bruised too.

Unmarked Iguro was stronger than Marked Giyuu and marked Sanemi against Muzan, and that's why he was able to perform on their level.

I'll agree Obanai did protect Tanjiro, but he himself was saved 5 times in the final arc.

1. He got saved by Yushiro against Nakime
  2. He and other pillars were saved by low-rank demon slayer where they sacrificed themselves by jumping in front of Muzan's attack.
  3. He got saved by Zenitsu when he almost fainted
  4. Probably got saved by Giyuu and Gyomei from Muzan's Shockwave attack(Inosuke comment)
  5. Tanjiro helped him with Yushiro's talisman.
When Iguro entered the fight against Muzan, he saved Tanjiro and was the 2nd pillar to get a hit on Muzan along with everyone else, but as the fight further progressed, he was ghosted. He, himself mentioned how he has contributed the least in this fight. Iguro had gotten so weak just from fighting Muzan and his poison, that he decided to shield Himejima instead of fighting Muzan, but even that wasn't possible for him.
OdoaRvp.jpeg
Lf3y6iw.jpeg

After Mitsuri got injured, he decided to sacrifice himself. In chapter 188. He stated, " First, I must die and swap out this body that's flowing from impure blood". (and this is the guy who lectured Giyuu for not understanding the role of a pillar)

Iguro did sever Muzan's limbs, but with the help of Sanemi, who created the opening for him.

After getting the antidote for Muzan's blood, Iguro decided to turn the tide around for himself, but he almost fainted right after turning his blade red and was saved by Zenitsu, which shows a lack of strength as well.

In Muzan's Shockwave attack (which took out everyone) Giyuu and Gyomei were the ones who saved everyone around them(Inosuke comment), which cost them their limbs.

Iguro got lucky, as he only lost his eyes. Any lost of limbs, he would've died from blood loss right then and there.

Also, Iguro was already half blind since birth. Kaburamaru was the real MVP, who helped him fight Muzan as he(snake) was predicting all of Muzan's movements. Going full blind had little to no effect on Iguro, as he wasn't that desperate. And anyway, he did get Yushiro's talismans, so he got his vision back as well, making his "blind fight" a question of a chapter.

The version of Muzan, Obanai, and Tanjiro fought for 25 minutes was exceptionally WEAK in the final hour of the battle(When Tanjiro fought solo against Muzan), probably weaker than his 12 kizukis. As he himself mentioned it " Its unbelievable that I can't instantly kill a man who's so heavily injured. All because of the Tamayo drug. They are not fast, it's me who is getting slow" Muzan was hitting fatigue, he was out of breath, vomiting blood, and running low on stamina, which is not normal for demons, as they have no concept of fatigue and stamina. Even Inosuke and Zenitsu, whose power levels were not close to pillars, and who didn't even have a mark were holding their own against Muzan for the last 25 minutes of the fight.

About STW

Iguro only got to experience STW for like a second before he got taken out along with everyone else.

Just try placing fresh Rengoku or Tengen in place of Iguro in Muzan Fight. They'd perform even better than Iguro at base cose not only they are more experienced, but they also have far better stats than Iguro.

TL;DR Gyomei slams, this thread is a disrespect to our blind boi.

PXQgAD7csSNnp3ITCcai7PUvUMmRgjYD9Sy_P7yxP6k.png

(FYI, Demon slayer characters have Reactive Power levels, while that is true, this hasn't been shown to be permanent. So Gyomei's power amp against kokushibo, or any other hashira being "stronger" permanently by fighting upper moons is out the window.)
gyomei FRA

I'm not going to simply let this drag out then. I'm still inclined to believe that Gyomei wins this, so my vote goes to Gyomei.
And thats grace. Can't wait to add this to their profiles 20:55 GMT+3 tomorrow :D
(Unless obanai gets 5 votes out of no where)

Nah, I think he just had a simple misunderstanding of Obanai's feats. When you look at them with no context, and you know the white-haired guy is the strongest person there, You see this masked guy cutting him and all, you'd probably think the same.

If I'm being honest, this guy is just completely ignoring what I say and is just wanking the hell out of Obanai. (I don't even know why he doesnt even look cool tbh and ranks the worst in physical strength and is the bottom 3rd in speed)

In every piece of information, we get Gyomei is said to be the strongest Hashira.

On top of this, Obanai wasn't tired at all while the other Hashira were completely destroyed by upper moons beforehand.

He had no bruises, no lack of stamina, and prior arguments stated here.

Gyomei bypassed Prime Muzan's durability, and that alone already puts him above any other Hashira's AP.

I gave an explanation on why it didn't matter if he was weakened or not because the muzan's head that gyomei destroyed is way more durable than the old muzan's head. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense. Is the drugged Muzan stronger than the healthy Muzan?
Obviously not. Back to following the thread.
This shouldn't have been a debate .Gyomei is clearly the strongest Hashira based on both feats and statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back