• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Debating 1-A characters:

000001A
The idea is that we would be trying to apply dimensional rules to gauge something that screws with our logic by a degree so qualitatively higher, it's more beyond and independent of our logic and understanding than infinite dimensions above us.

You don't.

Nyarlathotep solos. Nyarlathotep is no contest for Nyarlathotep because Nyarlathotep is so much stronger than Nyarlathotep and can kill Nyarlathotep 400 million billion times over so Nyarlathotep gets rekt.

Just to be honest this was supposed to be a serious thread but if that's not acceptable then, oh well I guess it can be a joke battle lol

Azathoth I am literally the most apathetic person on the face of this planet. Unless it's something personal like family or really close friends, I care little.

Though horror movies do creep me out.

@Gargoyle

I more meant the fact that your answer didn't completely rule out the outcome of "would maybe bang". lol

@Jman

1-A matches ca be accepted. This is more about the fact that neither of the Nyars can permanently put the other down.

Because it was obvious Nyar wins via Azathoth being a Cthulhu genius. He gave reasons why Nyar wins that were basically infallible.

Honestly, that matchup might be a stomp...

Well, to be fair 90% of the legit 1-A matches are concluded in-verse, usually because the creator points his/her finger and says "Yeah, this guy beats that other guy."

Wait, you guys said that neither have a way of putting down another? Nyarlathotep from the Cthulu Mythos has True godly regen and Immortality Type 5 and the Demonbane one doesn't. So I think the Cthulu Mythos one beats the Demonbane one. Or is it more complicated than that?

Jman8009 said:
Wait, you guys said that neither have a way of putting down another? Nyarlathotep from the Cthulu Mythos has True godly regen and Immortality Type 5 so I think the Cthulu Mythos one beats the Demonbane one. Or is it more complicated than that?
DMB Nya should also have True Godly regen. Elder God Demonbane could not permanently kill it, iirc.

Hmm I'm debating.... should I close this? Or should I leave it up and we mark it as inconclusive? Or should we move it to a joke battle? lol

The serious answer to the debate is, as Azathoth said, inconclusive. Both are bound the their respective franchise's Azathoth and cannot die/be erased/whatever the analogue is at their level, unless Azathoth does - which will never and can never happen.

Though if people want to keep joking, it can be moved to the fun and games board.

Yeah lets move it to that then. But seriously though I'm still looking at Nyaralathotep demonbane page and she doesn't seem to have true godly regen or immortality type 5? We should fix that if what you said is true

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Gargoyle

I more meant the fact that your answer didn't completely rule out the outcome of "would maybe bang". lol
It's worth noting I've played Fatal Frame, so I have the ability to stomach that.

^ The Original One wins for the reason above.

Original Outer Gods are also above Great Old Ones who are also 1-As and some of them worship avatars of Nyarlathotep in the same way as humans worship Great Old Ones.

Let's all take a moment to remind ourselves that Demonbane was originally just ****. Lovecraftian **** where the grimoires are somehow hot girls. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me, lmao.

I guess my point is, Demonbane Nyarla's only advantage is having giant boobs and a pretty face, and that's not going to help at all against a horrifically incomprehensible eldritch monstrosity which couldn't care less about things like sex. As others have pointed out, original Nyarla has mere AVATARS which should be more than powerful enough to deal with the True Form of Demonbane Nyarla.

Have I mentioned how much I freaking hate Demonbane? I think I implied it, but yeah. It is pretty much a giant insult to the Cthulhu Mythos, I'm pretty sure that most anyone can agree with me on that point. Lol.

Monarch Laciel said:
>Implying boobs don't make Nyarlathotep better
Lol I know you're just joking so i'mma let that slide. I mean as a fairly typical straight cisgendered male I would GENERALLY agree that boobs can make almost ANYTHING better (lulz), but when it comes to the Cthulhu Mythos I would have to disagree strongly.

Fact is, the deities of the Mythos are supposed to be manifestations of pure gibbering madness and unspeakable horror beyond human comprehension. The idea of them being "bangable" even when simply in the form of an avatar like Nya, is literally the most ridiculous concept ever. ESPECIALLY the idea of the Necronomicon itself being some kind of loli-girl wish fulfillment fantasy for dudes who are pedos or borderline-pedos *shudders* Yeah, I REFUSE to refer to them as "lolicons," that is just a euphemism.

Although I will grant that in a way, the ONE thing about Demonbane SCARIER than the original mythos is, well, that last thing I mentioned. . . .the idea of the Necronomicon somehow being a pedo-wish-fulfillment fantasy is actually far more horrifying than the original concept of the grimoire from the mythos, hahahahaha. I'm pretty sure even The Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred would find that pretty disturbing.

Back