• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Novel Kars vs. SCP-682 (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monarch Laciel said:
Funny you say that, considering you've said before that kar's merger spones are the result of a universal law
Youre right. Thats how that works within the manga but I was wrong seeing as upon further reading the funniest and funny could merger each other meaning the method is different than the manga.

Of course bring up things from months ago wont change much. By the way how is your 5D bb going?

>It's not really all that consistent. 682 is consistently capable of breaking out of containment at a whim. Most of the time he just doesn't for whatever reason.

But it works and has shown some success.

>The thing with that termination attempt is that IU it's completely fictional, but if it were to be attempted as described it would happen.

And araki outright confirmed eoh is what would have happened if Dio won. Hypotheticals what if stories are suspect at best.

>Sure, but like I said, even if it does end with existence erasure 682 has insane resistance to it and can attack while erased.

It clearly worked on him before seeing as he regenerated.

>Why does Kars get a free hour of adapting and evolving? What would that even do?

Time stop. Adapt a way that can incapacitate scp for at least a week or a method of knocking him out for an hour. On a side note. How fast does he come back from bfr. And i mean layers upon layers of layers of potentially infinite ways of bfr. A day? A week? A few minutes?

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Youre right. Thats how that works within the manga but I was wrong seeing as upon further reading the funniest and funny could merger each other meaning the method is different than the manga.

Of course bring up things from months ago wont change much. By the way how is your 5D bb going?
You'll need to explicitly prove it's different then.

I've never argued 5D BB, so ... it's not going?

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, 682 has done both

Merger Sponging is existence erasure via paradoxing. Resistance to existence erasure, acausality, Regenerationn, and his 1-B immortalitiy would bring 682 back.
That's... Not what merger sponging is.

Handwaving what i said then? Acausality wont prevent d4c. Its not a time paradox and novel d4c enforces the merger. Regenerationn low godly mate and time frame for said Regenerationn. And yeah no shit weekly. This isnt a win from kill match.

Also do tell how ya think scp can take out kars. Because im not seeing any power on his profile which would.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
And araki outright confirmed eoh is what would have happened if Dio won. Hypotheticals what if stories are suspect at best.
See the difference between Araki saying that and 2395's log is that Araki is talking about something completely non-canon, while it is canon that whatever is written in 2395's log would actually happen that way if it occured in reality.

>Explictly prove its different.

>Coming from the users that agreed apparent scaling to the manga can't be used anyway.

I already did anyway. The fact funny and funniest could merger each other. Anyway be much more of a hypocrite though.

Ya dud though my man. Ya debated the moon cell being 5D and bb by proxy.

Merging: When Kars takes an individual and takes them to a parallel world, Kars can cause them to meet their parallel selves. If they make contact or get too close to each other, they will begin to crumble and pull each other into one another, creating a Menger Sponge, and completely obliterating each other from existence. This rule does not apply to Kars himself.

Taken right from Kars' profile and consistent with what happened in the book.

That funniest and funny can merger each other doesnt prove that it isn't a universal law though.

And that never happened. Never have I once argued for 5D or High 2-A BB.

Could it really be called as "working" if he can break out whenever he wants?

It's not quite a hypothetical. In-universe it's fictional, but if it were to happen it would play out exactly as described.

>It clearly worked on him before seeing as he regenerated.

It's sometimes worked, where it regenerated, and sometimes hasn't, where 682 resisted it. And even through all this, 682 can attack while erased from existence.

>How fast does he come back from bfr.

Usually it isn't given a timeframe. 682 has returned from a pocket universe in 17 hours. 682 also returned from the Ravelwoods after a few years. The Ravelwoods being a 6-digit-dimensional plane, from which exit is only possible through the Library, which is parallel to the Ravelwoods and accessed through temporarily-constructed ways, however even exit through these ways is difficult. BUT, 682 cannot enter ways, and is barred from entering the Library at all.

Weekly, could you pull up 682's EE-resistance/Regenerationn feats? I don't remember the relevant SCPs.

Also like to point out that 2521 couldnt BFR 682 at all

Also also 682 came back from a BFR that put it in a random alternate universe out of infinite universes in 17 hours

Agnaa said:
Weekly, could you pull up 682's EE-resistance/Regenerationn feats? I don't remember the relevant SCPs.
Item: SCP-063

Tissue Test Record: Sample eradicated. No traces above molecular level remain.

Termination Test Record: SCP-063 was refitted to the end of a rotatory arm, which was deployed into 682's enclosure. Initial approach proves partially successful, with SCP-682 losing more than 20% body weight before Regenerationn overtakes the destruction process. Newly regrown tissues are not vulnerable to SCP-063's eradication effect: 682 destroys the deployment arm and 063 digs a hole through the enclosure's ground, where it is later recovered. 682 succeeds in extending a long prehensile limb through the hole and maiming two security personnel before containment is reestablished.

Item: SCP-3930

Tissue Test Record: SCP-682's tissue was brought into the void, and ceased existing.

Termination Test Record: SCP-682 is introduced to SCP-3930, and successfully ceases existing. However, despite SCP-682 no longer existing, Foundation personnel still perceive SCP-682. When the entity is looked at, a vivid image or memory is recalled in the brain of personnel that is described as resembling the appearance of SCP-682. This entity has been observed "attacking" personnel, killing them, despite the fact that SCP-682 does not exist during these attacks. It should be noted that personnel killed in this manner died when their brains ceased to function, despite the appearance of "physical damage" occurring on their bodies. All destruction caused by this entity becomes "real", even if the entity that caused it didn't. 15 hours later, SCP-682 was found within its containment chamber. It is unknown how SCP-682 managed to gain existence after this incident.

>Consistent with what happened with the book.

Ya say that yet you've consistently proven ta dont know much about the book. Relying on others to debate for ya (speaking of which the downgrade was applied despite the cube house still being contested).

>Merging: When Valentine takes an individual and takes them to a parallel world, Valentine can cause them to meet their parallel selves. If they make contact or get too close to each other, they will begin to crumble and pull each other into one another, creating a Menger Sponge, and completely obliterating each other from existence. This rule does not apply to Valentine himself, making him immune.

Ya realize thats a copy pa ste from the funny manga profile?

Also give me a moment will grab ya debating that.

Wait. He took 17 hours to come back from a parallel dimension? Kars can layer dimensions on top infinitely. Thats how funny planned on getting jars away. By layering multiple universes of bfr.

Also no time frame again? This tiresome man. Why are these feats even assumed combat applicable then.

"Kars can layer dimensions on top infinitely."

Are you saying that Kars has High 1-B BFR?

"By layering multiple universes of bfr."

Or are you saying he has High 2-A BFR?

682 can come back from "random universe out of infinite" BFR in 17 hours.

682 physically cannot be permanently BFRed to another universe other than its own, even if Kars BFRs 682 to another universe out of infinite 682 would come back and in fact has done so already in a combat applicable timeframe

2-B bfr. He can just stack infinitely. Ie no end.

Not quite how that works. He gets bfrd while within the bfrd universe. Think of a matryoshka. Thats how it was treated within the novel. Its not random its a literal matryoshka of bfr.

Yes, you're bad.

And that thread actually went quite well now that you bring it up.

Ah resorting to petty insults. Well. Thats nothing new.

I could say the same about you

Your blindness to your own hypocrisy is, as ever, a great source of amusement to those around you

More of 682 escaping from BFR. 682 returned from BFR to a random alternate universe in 2 hours and 12 minutes.

Might want to get your memory checked then

Mind showing me a few examples. Because I can absolutely gurantee its nothing compared to your past faults.

682 would just return from being BFRed back to the prime universe. BFRing 682 multiple times in succession is just going to make it adapt faster.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Its not random agna. Its a matryoshka of universal layers of bfr.
Yes, but escaping from 2 layers of universal bfr should take as long as escaping from 1 layer of universal bfr twice. Actually, potentially shorter since 682 seems to adapt more extremely the more extreme the threat its facing.

@Monarch & JMan Both of you please drop that petty argument. You've both said borderline insulting things already, no need to derail this thread further.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
What even is this "debate"?
It happens every time a character with a variety of hax or with unique hax gets matched against 682. A whole load of reiteration about exactly what 682's resistances are and why it has them.

Monarch Laciel said:
So what can Kars actually do?

He can't BFR

He can't erase

He can't hold 682 down with acid or sand
So are we just handwaving the fact its not justbfr and the majority of examples for scp have no quantifiable time frame or the fact merger sponging isnt run of the mill existence erasure.

And the example of scp adapting to planetary sand had a few trillion hydrogen bombs at the base of that.

It kinda is run of the mill existence erasure though. They just get erased. Nothing else special about it.

In fact, it's kinda worse than run of the mill existence erasure, seeing as it requires two alternates to merge together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back