• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Novel Kars vs Acnologia (I'm sorry)

Hey, before someone shouts "D4C Ultimate" or "Made in Heaven Ultimate", hear me out first. Kars gets suddenly teleported from Mars to Fiore where Acnologia is wrecking havoc after consuming the Ravines of Time. A curious Kars decides to fight and examine the strange creature he has never seen before.

So...

It's clear that this is Base Kars (No stand at all), freshly out of Mars vs Ravines of Time Acnologia.

Specific conditions:

• Speed equalized
  • No knowledge and in-character
  • The starting distance is 50 kilometers
Standard Battle Assumptions for the rest

Acnologia:

Kars:

Inconclusive:

plzdontbeastompplzdontbeastompplzdontbeastomp

Kars looks at Acnologia and says 'I understand your ability.' and proceeds to turn into a dragon and use his skills against him with better mastery.

Doesn't Kars need some sort of observation of the opponent's power for a while before understanding that power? Didn't he have to tango with Valentine a bit before understanding it?

That was mostly because at heart Kars is a scientist, he wanted to study it because he wanted to see how how far humans evolved since he left.

or he has never seen something like a stand, and had to disassemble and examine it and listen to Joji's explanation to learn of a completely new concept to him that is stand?

You're right, he didn't know what a Stand was, after he knew they existed he understood their concept and it was easy to understand he said so himself. Then later in the story after going into his backstory where he would dissect people, including his own to understand how they'd work and by his own words claims to be a scientist of sorts plus a bunch of other tidbits there. Plus copying other Stands at a glance and Dune, which is a power known as a Bound, completely unrelated to Stands and acts completely different despite not being touched it engaged by it. It's safe to say the former is true since that's what the story seemed to imply after delving into his back story and besides that there's multiple instances of him adapting, copying and outperforming Stands at a glance and things that aren't Stands that he hadnt had contact with too.

So maybe we should fix Kars' intelligence in his profile? Yes, he is smart, but not I-can-understand-your-power-at-a-glance-without-any-examination-even-though-it-is-a-completely-new-concept-to-me smart

He understood that DIO and Joji were singularities and has created advance tech, it's more to it than that. Also you'd need to explain Dune first.

You expect me to explain the novel when I'm still trying to figure out what happened with Kars and BTD? Like was it retroactive evolution? Did he adaot to something his future self couldn't? Did it not effect him at all? But if so why did JoJo warn him if he already knew? Or him during the big bang and crunch, 36 (way more maybe) times especially since this MIH actually does kill people in the reset, besides Giorno who had GER null the possibility of death and has to wait for the new universe. Hell if I know, it's worse than King Crimson.

jorge joestar is a mess of a novel.

someone was going to make the profile anyway, so i read the book thrice to try to get as much info as i could about it. some things are still too confusing, but maybe kars can get another revision in the future to fix smaller things that went over our (or my) heads.

Kars because Acno has no way past his regen and resistance to explosion and time manip or Kars's biological hax.

Acno is large country and Kars is only country (though at the top end) and he doesn't have any stands so he has no time stop not that that would even work on Acno.

^Acno is a baseline large country while this guy is a top country+ that's like no diffrence whatsoever.

He has regen that Acno can't do anything about, he has biological hax that Acno can't do anything against and he can copy all of Acnologia's power and use them better than Acno himself. That's seriosly stompish cause you see Acnologia has no hax that gives him even a slight chance here in fact even you take away 2 of 3 of those advantages Acnologia will probably still loose.

Yeah, Kars's Regen is useless against pretty much any note-worthy attack, biological hax is useless as Kars loses it once he transforms.

Inconclusive

Copying Acno's powers is kinda useless since Acno is resistant to them and anything else that we are equating to magic.

^by that logic this is inconclusive cause they would both have resistance and immunity via absorption on anything the other does...

Kars's physical abilities which include absorbing poeple are still effective since they are due to his biology and are not supernatural/magical.

Back