• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Notifications messing up

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I have not been receiving notifications, and then suddenly receiving one notification or two, but then after that, even if I see a thread has been replied to in the "Forum Activity" section, I do not receive notifications, other users have had the same problem. I did believe the problem fixed itself, but shortly after I received no notifications for my Anankos Revision thread, and ProfessorKukui4Life says that he did not receive a notification on the Discussion thread I made about this issue, as I asked after I made a reply, to which he said he hadn't received a notification.

I don't have problems with notifs not appearing. Rather, I have problems with notifs an hour past reappearing.

Notifs are a minute or so late at times though.

I'm getting notifications, but I'm sometimes getting the number of notifications as more than I actually have. It's not for other wikis, I've checked.

I would recommend that both of you contact Wikia/Fandom about the problem:

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact/general

However, my own trick to get all notifications, is to open my last/most recent one in the list (after I have already checked the rest) in a separate window. Then I immediately click "Mark all as read". This will clear the cache, and make any missed notifications appear in the list.

If you have a too large backlog, you might have to repeat the procedure several times.

Ant's method is quite effective. Otherwise, make sure any of your utility software such as Adobe and Java are up to date. The wiki and its ads probably use one of theses two tools to play dynamic or animated content.

Hop will provide official links here:

• Java (Please double check for your Operating System too, such as Mac, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Android, etc.)
  • Adobe Flash Player (Ditto for this, please make sure it is also 32-bit or 65-bit depending on your computer, you don't need to do this if you're on mobile)
BTW for those of you that are students in college, university or certain highschools can apply for student discounts on their software .Hop would suggest getting Photoshop if you want to make images for the wiki. It's a great tool for this. It's fairly cheap with the discount, and it isn't hard to use anymore.

Well, it is best if you contact Wikia's staff about it. I provided the link earlier.

Back