• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Norse Mythology Kratos vs Olympus Era Kratos has been decided by Cory himself.

What are you trying to say? I put it on the versus thread, I just proposed a possible content revision since Greek Era kratos is a higher tiered character than Norse Mythology Kratos.

The thing is, this is contradicted by numerous statements made prior to that, both in and out-of-universe. The Comic Con presentation of the game had the developers state Kratos's skills had lowered. The game and the novels state that the Blades of Chaos are more powerful than the Leviathan Axe. Kratos himself states his physical strength had become lower than what it used to be when he faced Zeus at the end of GoW3.

The only way that statement can work is if Kratos caught up to his old strength by the end of the new game and Cory is taking his improved combat experience and persona into account, which would definitely aid him in winning a fight against his prime self.

I think it has to do with the rest of the script and the following games, which of course we have no clue what's going to happen. He does state though that Norse Kratos would beat Greek Kratos, whether he means the kratos from the newest installment or the sequels, it is clear in Cory's mind that Norse Kratos would win. Now I believe that Kratos from 4 is weaker than 3 because he hasn't fought against anything remotely to his power since 3, and was rusty. I still do believe however that Kratos possessing hades' soul still gives him a substantial power up.

Back