• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No seriously why are Tien, Krillin, and Yamcha 6-C during the 23rd Budokai?

They did nothing to indicate they were leagues beyond King Piccolo. Only Tien has much evidence of being above him considering he fought evenly against Goku who even with weights was superior to his child self. Krillin and Yamcha thought Post-Ultra Devine Water Goku was still an impressive power.

Because Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien put up a good fight with Piccolo Jr., Kami, and Goku respectively. Clearly weaker, but withstood hits and got back up, and managed to damage them.

...except they were all suppressed at the time. Piccolo was holding back drastically against Krillin and floored him when he got slightly serious. Yamcha got one shot by Kami when he got serious. Goku was holding back against Tien and stomped him after he took off his weighted clothes.

It was never stated that they were holding back astronomically. We know that they weren't going full out but why is it that everyone always think their using like 20 percent of their full power?.

Note I'm not saying the OP is thinking that I've just been on a lot of threads were people think DBS characters are always heavily suppressed.

These characters should scale loosely because the other guys went serious in order to win. If they were vastly superior then they would have effortlessly won without getting serious.

They likely WERE vastly suppressed in this case though. I'll go through the scaling:

Tien vs. Cyborg Tao - Tao stomped. Tien tanks his strongest attack

Goku vs Chi Chi - Chi Chi stomped. Goku isn't using anywhere near full power.

Piccolo vs Krillin - Krillin does ok at first. Piccolo briefly gets somewhat serious and stomps Krillin, although he can still get up and Piccolo thinks taking over the world won't be easy with Krillin tier opponents around. Also note Piccolo Jr. at his weakest was stated to be above King Piccolo at his best.

Kami vs. Yamcha - Yamcha stomped. Kami is in a weaker body yet takes almost no damage during the the fight. He gets hit once and then one-shots Yamcha. Note Kami was capable of finger flicking Post-Ultra Water Goku, who was also stomped by Mr. Popo, who said Kami was many times superior to him. Kami>>>Mr. Popo>>>Post-UW Goku.

Goku vs. Tien - Even at first. Tien seems to have advantage until Goku removes weighted clothing. Goku then stomps him. Goku is still not at full power

Kami vs. Piccolo - mostly even. Power is enough to freak out the humans.

Goku vs Piccolo - Both power up multiple times during the fight, to the point where even Kami can't see them fight. At this point they are strong enough to destroy an island at least.

There is a HUGE gap between Goku/Piccolo and Krillin/Yamcha/Tao. Very big.

So... Goku (23rd - Full Power)>=Piccolo (23rd Full Power)>>Goku and Piccolo (Start of final match)>=Kami=Piccolo (Vs. Kami)>Kami (In human body)>>Goku (unweighted against Tien)>Piccolo (Powered up against Krillin)>Tien=Goku (weighted)>Piccolo (start of tournament)>Krillin>Yamcha>>Cyborg Tao>=Chi Chi>Everyone else (Yajirobe, Chiaotzu, King Chappa, etc.)

Several big gaps and lots of smaller gaps. I wouldn't be suprised if Goku started the tournament at around 5% of his power and he was still noted as superior to his Ultra Devine Water self.

I still see no statement of them holding back on the league your suggesting... 5%... No.

They stomp them, yes, but they couldn't effortlessly stomp them using such a low amount.

Seriously?

I could easily point out the Tien had trouble with a suppressed Goku who had the same speed as his King Piccolo saga self. Tien wasn't that much faster than Goku at first. So if Tien wasn't leagues faster than a guy who was about equal in speed to Piccolo, then would not power scale as well? Like I said before Krillin and Yamcha still thought Goku when he fought Piccolo was an impressive power hard to catch up to. By the ratings on this site either should be able to one shot that Goku. This is literally the only place I have seen were people legitamtly believe that all the 23rd Budokai contestents could one-shot King Piccolo level beings. Ask anyone on a dragon ball related forum if Krillin could beat King Piccolo and you'd likely get a mix of yes's and no's. I'm sure someone could explain this better than I am but 5% power is NOT ludicrous to me. That might be a highball though, maybe 10%.

Back