• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is a complaint that's directed at profiles on this website in general but mostly for the No More Heroes profiles which are repeat offenders of this.

I've seen characters being powerscaled for battling each other despite their stats having been obtained AFTER the fight. Sometimes this makes sense but sometimes the character might've gotten stronger since that fight. No More Heroes is a repeat offender of this at Travis Touchdown is multi-city block level for scaling to Speed Buster which makes sense. The problem is that Speed Buster appears towards the end of the game, is clearly above the likes of most other Assasins as she has a higher rank and Travis is heavily implied to have drastically improved along the game (he trains to get stronger) leading up to her fight. So why are the weaker Assasins from the beginning of the game (such as Death Metal and Dr. Peace), that were fought when Travis was weaker, practically scaled to one of the strongest in the game, that was fought when Travis was much stronger?

The same would also apply for stats like speed and durability.

Well, I know nothing about this fiction, and am very overworked and exhausted at the moment, so I am regrettably not of much help.

@LoudCloud

I can help with this if necessary, though I'll admit that I've never played the game myself and I've only watched playthroughs.

I can't remember any feats for the early-game assassins though. Should we just set them at Unknown for now?

Reppuzan said:
@LoudCloud
I can help with this if necessary, though I'll admit that I've never played the game myself and I've only watched playthroughs.

I can't remember any feats for the early-game assassins though. Should we just set them at Unknown for now?
I guess but figuring out a few stats might be easy. I'll look over the game.

I'd suggest putting all assasin's prior to Speed Buster from NMH 1 as unknown for now. But I'm not too sure about the ones from NMH 2 yet, since it takes place after NMH 1 but could possibly be weaker. I'll check.

@LoudCloud

I was thinking of putting Harvey (Number 4) at Likely Multi-City Block level for being one rank below Speed Buster. What do you think?

Here's some loose AP/Speed/Durability stuff I got from the Assasins and Travis (which can be scaled) prior to the Speed Buster fight...

Rank 11 (Helter Skelter):

- AP/Durability: Makes small explosions from missiles which Travis survives. Maybe Wall level, maybe not.

- Speed: At this point Travis dodges gunfire. He does this from the beginning of the game from close ranges. Not sure about the type of guns being used though.

Rank 10 (Death Metal):

- AP/Durability: At this point Travis slices through multiple humans which is at least street level.

- AP/Durabilty: At this point Travis slices through a guy and a large door (Wall level?)

Rank 9 (Doctor Peace):

- AP/Durability: A bullet of his causes an explosion, sends Travis backwards and does this to the side of a stadium (Wall level or?)

Rank 8 (Shinobu) has nothing I noticed.

Rank 7 (Destroyman):

- AP/Duraiblity: Smashes the ground like this (maybe Wall level but that might be stretching it).

Rank 6 (Holly Summers):

- AP/Durability: This iconic feat (Room or higher?). She can also step on mines and not take damage but that's probably not as impressive.

Rank 6 (Letz Shake):

- ?: Travis never defeats him (Henry does). But he does this when he dies so...

Rank 4 (Harvey) has nothing I noticed.

Hi this is Notadeadguy, I'm the one who made these profiles, and I want to say you prove a point. You see, back then I put assassin's like Dr. Peace at least 9-B, because he dented a wall. However, some people at the wikia just reccomended that Travis should just have his strongest stats, and then I was told that the assassin's should scale to him and his strongest stats so most of the characters were upgraded. I wasn't good at arguing back then and didn't want to hassle so I just went with it. I made those profiles last year after all. But yeah, I see your points and I support them.

I already did and no one's answered yet so I thought about posting it here to see if anyone interested in the verse would do it.

@Loud.

Could you post what you think would yield the most? Because I browsed the feats and thought they all were pretty safely within the Wall level spectrum.

Here or on the calc thread? I'm not sure if they allow for posting the same feats twice in the calc thread.

I wonder what this would mean for the Assasins in NHM2 as they seem to be on par with Travis after the first game (making them supposedly multi-city block), but their ranking is lower than most of the characters in NHM1, so wouldn't that imply they are weaker? Did Travis get rusty since the first game and his AP went down?

@LoudCloud: Maybe, Maybe not. Perhaps he did get weaker but after killing a few of the assassins he quickly got back to his groove. You know, like how it's easier to get fit quicker after a long break

Were the highest feats ever calculated, or is it unnecessary?

Antvasima said:
Were the highest feats ever calculated, or is it unnecessary?
Not yet. I'm guessing that since they don't look too impressive people just don't care about calcing it.

Sorry. I was going to calc some of them, but all the feats seem blatantly Wall level anyway that it just feel redundant to spend time to calc them, sorry if that sounds rude in any way.

Still, if its important, I can do some tomorrow.

Well, the bullet-timing speed feat might be useful, as well as the explosions, but I suppose that we could simply consider the other examples as Wall level, yes.

I missed the bullet timing thing then. I'll get to that tomorrow. The Helter Skelter feat can also be calc'd in hindsight. I'll also do that tomorrow.

Darkanine said:
I missed the bullet timing thing then. I'll get to that tomorrow. The Helter Skelter feat can also be calc'd in hindsight. I'll also do that tomorrow.
Thank you. As for the bullet timing feat; throughout the game Travis can block bullets at point-blank range, but I'm not too sure what kind of guns/bullets they are and they seem to differ from level to level.

Back