• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill The Past Revision - A bunch of Guidebooks

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
In which Chompy figures out how to MTL and goes on a strategy guide binge. I couldn't get human translators to confirm most of these but I did run them through multiple sites and for the most part, it's minor stuff. Also features some stuff gotten from English material. Once this is (hopefully) accepted I'll add this and the previous crt. I would also like that these aren't your typical Prima Strategy Guides that have barely been looked at by devs, most of these guides have direct input from GHM, hell the UAA Ranker's Bible even has a completely unique short story (no idea who wrote it but judging by the style it wouldn't surprise me if it was either Suda51 or Masahi Ooka).
  • If Letz Shake had been able to get his attack off, it would have instantly killed Travis, so he goes from "Likely 8-C, possibly 8-B" to "At least 8-C, possibly 8-B". (No More Heroes Official Guide UAA Ranker's Bible)
  • Tiny addition to Jeane's Standard Tactics is that despite being a master of Karate, she focuses on using simple techniques (you know, like in a real fight). (No More Heroes Official Guide UAA Ranker's Bible)
  • Rather than generic energy attacks, Henry's orb attack is specifically Plasma. (No More Heroes Official Guide UAA Ranker's Bible)
  • Dark Step is... probably still not perception manip but it's a consistent thing that it lets Travis get in his foes' blind spot, probably by slowing down time and moving faster than they can follow. (No More Heroes Official Guide UAA Ranker's Bible)
  • Time Manip such as Cherry slows down time enough to blitz enemies, which is pretty obvious just by looking at it but textual support helps. (No More Heroes Official Guide UAA Ranker's Bible)
  • Some extra Accelerated Development stuff, Travis is not even close to Thunder Ryu in skill at the beginning of the game (No More Heroes Official Guide UAA Ranker's Bible) but he ends up surpassing him, beating Speed Buster who had managed to kill Ryu. (NMH). This also confirms Thunder Ryu scales to tier 8, which we kinda knew already just via him being capable of withstanding Buster's beam for a while and being respected by her as a powerful warrior, which means that if I ever make Super Fire Pro profiles they'd scale to NMH1 tiers (Ryu and Lovikov are opponents in that game) (No More Heroes Official Guide UAA Ranker's Bible)
  • Additions to Status Effect Inducement, Travis can reliably guard break foes with a single melee hit and stun them in the process (No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise Perfect Bible). Additionally, specific attack combos have a 100% chance of stunning foes.
  • A quick scan for Travis having learned sword-fighting just through online courses and self-training. (No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise Perfect Bible)
  • Shinobu's Sonic Sword isn't energy projection but just a directional shockwave attack. (No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise Perfect Bible)
  • Coyote's Charged Shot is x4 his normal attack (Killer7 - The Master Guide), which is a nice multiplier. This scales to Dan's Collateral Shot, which is stronger and can destroy Mother Smiles' weak points in one hit unlike it, MASK's attacks which also can destroy Smiles and obstacles unique to them, and the Golden Gun which can one-tap enemies capable of tanking all of the above. This scales to the Last Shot Smile, which is the only thing in the game that can survive shots from the GG, but not Greg Nightmare, who we already assume can't use the GG's full power (to avoid a scaling loop, that or it's just an outlier). The multiplied ratings are 8-C for the 9-A rating and High 7-C for the 7-C rating.
  • The "fought perfect clones" in the Killer7's stats isn't really true. They just fought people with the same powers. They still scale to their own durability though, I mean basically all guns in Killer7 can hurt them and theirs are super pimped out (and those "clones" can kill them with seemingly identical replicas of those guns), not to mention they just don't even need to scale to their own dura to be on the tiers they are now, though their highest 9-A feat is the explosion.
  • MASK knows karate and is so proficient that at the age of 12 he was getting offers from major MMA organizations. (Killer7 - The Master Guide) Suda actually goes on to describe the fight that made him famous very thoroughly and it seems cool and possibly noteworthy indexing-wise, but it's a bit too complex for MTL.
  • Garcian is capable of clairvoyance. (Killer7 - The Master Guide)
  • Dan's Demon Shells rip their targets to absolute shreds. I guess they already have deconstruction so this isn't too notable, but I'd just chuck it in the justification anyways (Killer7 Digital Artbook)
  • Harman killed Kun Lan 30 years ago, and he has now returned, so Immortality Type 4 and Resurrection. (Killer7 Digital Artbook)
  • The scan for Travis Bell's ESP from the GC Manual is also repeated in the artbook, so I'm just gonna link to both now.
  • Kevin is very close to Con in agility and movement speed (Killer7 Digital Artbook)
  • Ayame Blackburn gets faster the more she takes damage, so she should get Reactive Power Level. (Just plain ol' Killer7)

Last edited:
Given the amount of approval and time that has passed, this can be added along with the other revision you had approved

Back