• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Travis Touchdown (0.639 tons) vs Kazuma Kiryu (0.339 tons)
(8-C keys)
No More Heroes 1 Travis Touchdown and Yakuza 7/Like a Dragon Gaiden Kiryu
Both gain access to all their possible equipment
Speed equalized
Battle takes place in the streets of Kamurocho

Votes:
"Let the bloodshed begin!" -
"If you want to die, then step up!" -
"Doesn't matter, Uncle Ben. Gene solos both of them." - @KLOL506, @Stillwinston, @Naito-desu, @Lukewoesal007

Last edited:
Bump. I'll lay out a few arguments to generate discussion.

So, while Travis technically has a higher attack potency, Kiryu massively upscales from his AP feat, and thus the gap between them should he negligible. In regards to speed amps, I believe they should be roughly comparable, as well, given that Kiryu should upscale from Yagami, who was capable of performing this perception/blitzing feat, alongside the effects of Rush style, Heat Eye, and Extreme Heat, and Travis obviously has Dark Step, which does slow down time.

Travis' lifting/grappling strength is far greater than Kiryu's, so any grabs or grapples are going to be extremely one-sided, especially with how common wrestling moves are in Travis fighting style. Travis also has much greater feats of stamina, compared to Kiryu, in addition to his Low-Mid regeneration.

Kiryu has vastly more combat experience than Travis, to the point where he could potentially learn Travis' fighting style from a mere glance, and he might have an edge over Travis' comparable durability with pressure point techniques and Master Bowl.

Last edited:
Honestly, uncertain about this. Might be forced to pick inconclusive but from what I can look at, Travis seems to have the edge in versatility judging by his equipment list alone. That being said, I'll wait for more votes.

I guess I'll vote Incon fra, but I'll outline what I see from the two

Travis has much higher LS, which will be an issue for Kiryu as Travis does frequently mix grabs in with cqc. That said Kiryu has canonically fought grapplers like Saejima who can ragdoll him and Majima about the place. So one grapple would clue Kiryu in to avoid it from then on.

AP wise they're comparable I'd say, both are better than those who casually tank the feats in question. Skill wise idk much for Travis's side but I think he has fought swordmasters with decades of experience like Death Metal, while Kiryu has also done that and better thanks to not only fighting Majima but also the Amon clan on a frequent basis. Still doubt Kiryu and anything in his arsenal can block a royalty free lightsaber, side from Kiryu's Photon Blade assuming he'd have it.

Travis has a pretty big advantage in Dark Step, if he gets a good dodge off (requirements are pretty finicky given it's a gameplay thing, i'd prefer to be conservative in that regard but if it's like, a full body dodge it'd definitely work) he can slow down time, and at that point chop Kiryu to pieces.

I'll post the skill stuff for Travis, he's far from his eventual peak in NMH1 but I disagree that Kiryu stomps him:

A fighter's instincts are honed as they become more powerful, and even low tier combatants in KTP are capable of instinctually sensing or perceiving things they could otherwise not know, capable of sensing others' bloodlust or presence through their instincts, as well as enter a state where their bodies react to issues automatically or they enter a state in which they can fight through sheer instinct. Even at the beginning of the game (Travis grows in skill a LOT through the game, going from greatly inferior to his master Ryu to surpassing him by the fourth to last boss) Travis easily stomped the 11th best assassin in America, Helter Skelter, and would go on to eventually become #1. He can fight while having his perception messed with, learn wrestling moves just by watching matches, and alongside a wide variety of wrestling moves, he knows techniques that allow him to stun foes in a single hit. Has stated that he makes his mind go blank during a fight, fighting with his instincts, which allows him to dodge surprise attacks behind, and can consistently block attacks coming from any direction without needing to turn, even ones that would require extreme precision such as bursts of automatic gunfire. Can complete various assassination gigs which required him to defeat several enemies at once, often under a time limit or heavy limitations to his abilities (Such as being forbidden from using his weapons, or dying in a single hit), including Death Match 100, which pits him up against a hundred enemies at once, also SPS ig; Bad Girl is stated to be moving purely on instinct, and to have the same instincts as her father, Badman (Who even before learning how to fight and kill, was already able to deflect a ball flying at him at deadly speed while both unconscious and blindfolded, and who can fight purely on instinct when using a baseball bat), but more potential, and is a naturally incredibly skilled fighter despite having no training.
"Doesn't matter, Uncle Ben. Gene solos both of them."
This is damn true though

Bump.

If Travis is fighting with his instinctive reactions, as detailed by ArmorChompy, then I think this is decidedly an incon, if not slightly in Travis' favor.

I'm far more inclined to see Travis as the winner here via Armour's reasonings rather than seeing it as an incon justification. Kiryu's incredibly skilled and he could copy Travis' fighting style, but Travis' instincts and Dark Step are far more likely to result in Kiryu being sliced to pieces. Kiryu can't really counter a technique that slows down time and gives Travis ample opportunity to go to town on his opponents. And yes, I'm aware Kiryu has perception related abilities, but here's the thing. Affecting time itself is gonna win out against Kiryu's abilities that are strictly perception based. Ultimately, most of the ways this fight could play out are in favour of Travis dodging, activating Dark Step, and cutting down Kiryu

Voting Travis

Oh yeah. One more thing I should note is that while I won’t deny Kiryu upscales the Yakuza 8-C value by a lot, people haven’t addressed that Travis upscales his own, higher 8-C value decently. The explosion that he scales to from Henry was taken point blank and Henry just tanks it. Simply providing this as food for thought

Infinite Wealth, he gets a bunch of RPG stuff like instant death Hax and healing moves
Healing moves aren't bad, but Kiryu's not really gonna be able to exploit his healing items if Travis Dark Steps and cuts him up. The best thing he's got here is the Sacrifice Stone, but I'm 99.9% sure that item doesn't account for the user being chopped into puzzle pieces

There's no instant death hax listed on the profile so idk what thats about

Back