• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Once again, I was just browsing random Kill The Past pages and some things came to mind. Lets just get into this

Ghosts

This is a bit of a weird one, but it crossed my mind nonetheless. After Fujita leaves Mika's body, which she was possessing, Mika falls unconscious for an extended period of time. Only later during this specific ordeal does she wake up, catching up with Yukari and Chisato. I'd suggest adding the following:

Limited Sleep Manipulation (After abandoning the bodies they possess, Ghosts will render their targets unconscious for an extended period of time)

Akira

I talked with Armorchompy about the nature of Akira as a character, because initially, I wasn't sure if Supernatural Luck made sense or not. After talking with him, I 100% agree with that ability being on his page in regards to always being picked for missions and getting information out of people without even talking. He definitely is just a non-agent type of guy. That said, I do think his intelligence section does warrant an actual rating. Here's what I'd suggest:

Gifted (Although Akira seems to have absolutely no agency of his own, simply following the commands given to him and managing to complete them through sheer luck, with everyone being none the wiser to this, he is not completely absent of skill. He has received combat training as a member of two different specialized police or military forces, with his teachings being tailored for dealing with especially dangerous criminals. Akira is a rather skilled driver, capable of pulling off perfect drifts as well as catching up to Hachisuka in a car chase despite her head start, the latter of which even complementing his driving prowess)

Basically, I definitely agree that a lot of Akira's effectiveness is accurately described on his page. I just think we actually can determine his level of intelligence based on what he's done by himself and what training we know he has received

Jeane

So weirdly enough, I never considered this detail about the introduction cutscene to Jeane's fight. Travis and Dark Star meet up in a desert, where there's very limited cover and lots of open space. During this interaction, Jeane interrupts by killing Dark Star from behind, completely surprising both him and Travis. Aside from the fact that there was a ton of open space and considering the fact that Travis and Dark Star would naturally have much greater senses compared to that of most Kill The Past humans (even the most mundane of which can sense those remaining hidden without them being in their line of sight), Jeane's ability to sneak up on a highly ranked assassin and take him out, while also eluding the senses of Travis, is a pretty impressive feat. So I propose Jeane gets the following ability added:

Stealth Mastery (Snuck up on and killed Dark Star, completely surprising both him as well as Travis Touchdown, despite them possessing enhanced senses and there being little to no cover for her to strike unnoticed)

Another detail I noticed. Jeane, unlike every other character in NMH, can actually dodge Travis' attacks performed during Dark Step. Given thats marked as Time Manipulation on Travis' page, I suggest adding the following resistance:

Resistance to Time Manipulation (Completely unaffected by, and can dodge Travis' attacks during Dark Step, which briefly slows down times for his opponents)

A final resistance I'd like to add is to Heat Manipulation and Limited Electricity Manipulation given she straight up blocks Travis' Beam Katana with her foot and overpowers him during the same instance. So I'd suggest the following:

Resistance to Heat Manipulation and Limited Electricity Manipulation (Blocked and overpowered Travis's Beam Katana with her foot, remaining unharmed)

On a less important note, I recently learned that Dark Star's Beam Katana is called the Horse Saber, so we can just rename that weapon on Jeane's page. That doesn't require a revision, I just wanted to bring that up. Also, she's actually 23, not 25 like the page says

Diversity

This'll be pretty simple. The trading card for Diversity says the following:

"These guys love invading planets. Their instinctual need to destroy obstacles effectively while moving led to their bodies evolving without legs!"

The instinctive nature is even listed in the intelligence section. I'm just surprised we don't already have Instinctive Reaction on here. Furthermore, I believe this also qualifies for Reactive Evolution. Like this:

Instinctive Action (Diversities have an instinctive need to destroy their obstacles)

Reactive Evolution (Due to their need to destroy instinctively, Diversities became capable of evolving their bodies to where they could move without legs)

Damon Riccitiello

Funny thing about Damon. When I proposed getting FU's intelligence upgraded, I sorta forgot Damon should get Genius Intelligence for the same reason. Whoops! Here's my idea for his new intelligence section:

Genius (As a child, Damon assisted FU in building a rocket, which successfully allowed him to return to his land. Went on to build up a technological empire in 20 years, albeit with the help of his powers. Could hide his plans of killing FU from him and his subordinates)

This would also mean adding Genius Intelligence to Damon's list of abilities

Conclusions
  • Ghosts get Limited Sleep Manipulation
  • Akira gets a solid intelligence rating
  • Jeane gets Stealth Mastery and Resistance to Time Manipulation, Heat Manipulation and Limited Electricity Manipulation
  • Diversity gets Instinctive Action and Reactive Evolution
  • Damon Riccitiello gets Genius Intelligence

Thoughts?

Once again, I was just browsing random Kill The Past pages and some things came to mind. Lets just get into this

Ghosts

This is a bit of a weird one, but it crossed my mind nonetheless. After Fujita leaves Mika's body, which she was possessing, Mika falls unconscious for an extended period of time. Only later during this specific ordeal does she wake up, catching up with Yukari and Chisato. I'd suggest adding the following:

Limited Sleep Manipulation (After abandoning the bodies they possess, Ghosts will render their targets unconscious for an extended period of time)

Akira

I talked with Armorchompy about the nature of Akira as a character, because initially, I wasn't sure if Supernatural Luck made sense or not. After talking with him, I 100% agree with that ability being on his page in regards to always being picked for missions and getting information out of people without even talking. He definitely is just a non-agent type of guy. That said, I do think his intelligence section does warrant an actual rating. Here's what I'd suggest:

Gifted (Although Akira seems to have absolutely no agency of his own, simply following the commands given to him and managing to complete them through sheer luck, with everyone being none the wiser to this, he is not completely absent of skill. He has received combat training as a member of two different specialized police or military forces, with his teachings being tailored for dealing with especially dangerous criminals. Akira is a rather skilled driver, capable of pulling off perfect drifts as well as catching up to Hachisuka in a car chase despite her head start, the latter of which even complementing his driving prowess)

Basically, I definitely agree that a lot of Akira's effectiveness is accurately described on his page. I just think we actually can determine his level of intelligence based on what he's done by himself and what training we know he has received

Jeane

So weirdly enough, I never considered this detail about the introduction cutscene to Jeane's fight. Travis and Dark Star meet up in a desert, where there's very limited cover and lots of open space. During this interaction, Jeane interrupts by killing Dark Star from behind, completely surprising both him and Travis. Aside from the fact that there was a ton of open space and considering the fact that Travis and Dark Star would naturally have much greater senses compared to that of most Kill The Past humans (even the most mundane of which can sense those remaining hidden without them being in their line of sight), Jeane's ability to sneak up on a highly ranked assassin and take him out, while also eluding the senses of Travis, is a pretty impressive feat. So I propose Jeane gets the following ability added:

Stealth Mastery (Snuck up on and killed Dark Star, completely surprising both him as well as Travis Touchdown, despite them possessing enhanced senses and there being little to no cover for her to strike unnoticed)
Fair
Another detail I noticed. Jeane, unlike every other character in NMH, can actually dodge Travis' attacks performed during Dark Step. Given thats marked as Time Manipulation on Travis' page, I suggest adding the following resistance:

Resistance to Time Manipulation (Completely unaffected by, and can dodge Travis' attacks during Dark Step, which briefly slows down times for his opponents)
I've always felt like it was less her resisting the effect and more just being fast enough to keep up anyways, but granted that was pre-NMH3 so Travis' time slow was considered a speed amp, I dunno now.
A final resistance I'd like to add is to Heat Manipulation and Limited Electricity Manipulation given she straight up blocks Travis' Beam Katana with her foot and overpowers him during the same instance. So I'd suggest the following:

Resistance to Heat Manipulation and Limited Electricity Manipulation (Blocked and overpowered Travis's Beam Katana with her foot, remaining unharmed)

On a less important note, I recently learned that Dark Star's Beam Katana is called the Horse Saber, so we can just rename that weapon on Jeane's page. That doesn't require a revision, I just wanted to bring that up. Also, she's actually 23, not 25 like the page says
Yep, all fair.
This'll be pretty simple. The trading card for Diversity says the following:

"These guys love invading planets. Their instinctual need to destroy obstacles effectively while moving led to their bodies evolving without legs!"

The instinctive nature is even listed in the intelligence section. I'm just surprised we don't already have Instinctive Reaction on here. Furthermore, I believe this also qualifies for Reactive Evolution. Like this:

Instinctive Action (Diversities have an instinctive need to destroy their obstacles)

Reactive Evolution (Due to their need to destroy instinctively, Diversities became capable of evolving their bodies to where they could move without legs)
I dunno about these. The evolution part I think might just have been over time like real evolution, and the instinct I don't think grants them any particular abilities, they're just drawn to destroying shit in the same way that a crocodile is drawn to hiding underwater and waiting for something tasty to pass by.
Genius (As a child, Damon assisted FU in building a rocket, which successfully allowed him to return to his land. Went on to build up a technological empire in 20 years, albeit with the help of his powers. Could hide his plans of killing FU from him and his subordinates)

This would also mean adding Genius Intelligence to Damon's list of abilities
This may be slightly headcanony but I feel like FU was the one who know how to make the spaceship given he's the one with experience regarding sci-fi tech, Damon just helped.

I've always felt like it was less her resisting the effect and more just being fast enough to keep up anyways, but granted that was pre-NMH3 so Travis' time slow was considered a speed amp, I dunno now.
The change should justify Time Manip Resistance for Jeane then, given it was applied to the NMHI key for Travis

This may be slightly headcanony but I feel like FU was the one who know how to make the spaceship given he's the one with experience regarding sci-fi tech, Damon just helped.
I feel like it’s not unlikely FU did the bulk of the work, but without any specific evidence on the process, I can only assume Damon had a substantial enough effort to earn Genius Intelligence

The change should justify Time Manip Resistance for Jeane then, given it was applied to the NMHI key for Travis
Yeah fair
I feel like it’s not unlikely FU did the bulk of the work, but without any specific evidence on the process, I can only assume Damon had a substantial enough effort to earn Genius Intelligence
Eh, I think it's pretty fair to say FU was the one with the knowledge all considered. Even if Damon did most of the manual work that wouldn't be as much of a feat.

Oh sorry, I forgot to bring up, I feel like Akira should probably just be Above Average rather than Gifted, given his feats are "just" in regards to combat training and driving, and we don't know if he's really excellent at either.

Oh sorry, I forgot to bring up, I feel like Akira should probably just be Above Average rather than Gifted, given his feats are "just" in regards to combat training and driving, and we don't know if he's really excellent at either.
That’s fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back