• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT AP Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does 1st Demon Mark Meliodas = 1st Demon Mark Zeldris in that movie?
They are portrayed as equals during the entire movie
Also going with What the author said i don’t think There is a problem about demon marks having the same effects and amps for every demons

I agree with all keys of Meliodas that using a Demon Mark is at least 2x above his Base Form. I don't agree that his 2nd Demon Mark is a 2x amp on top of his 1st Demon Mark. For example...
It is tho DM2 Zeldris is stated to be 2x Faster than DM1 and shown to be 2x more powerful in this instance

Base Meliodas = 1 Megaton

1st Demon Mark Meliodas = 2 Megatons

2nd Demon Mark Meliodas = At least 2 Megatons

3rd Demon Mark Meliodas = At least 2 Megatons

I agree to this^

I agree that him using a Demon Mark is ALWAYS at least 2x above his Base Form, I don't agree with the following...

2nd Demon Mark Meliodas = 4 Megatons

3rd Demon Mark Meliodas = 6 Megatons

I don't agree with this^
Mhmh that’s basically what we would get stacking DM2 on DM1 lol

Here's another issue I have with this. Zeldris' 2nd Demon Mark does not multiply his physical speed or attack power at all. That isn't what's being said. What's said is that the speed of the Ominous Nebula is doubled. That's all. This does not translate to physicals ot attack power. So this doesn't at all support a 2nd Demon Mark being 2x to Attack Power and Speed. And without a direct statement, it cannot be a multiplier. You can double the speed of Ominous Nebula on the profile, that's fine, but not Zeldris' or anyone else's physical speed, and certainly not their attack power. 2nd Demon Mark Zeldris being above the OG Demon while his 1st Demon Mark is below both Chandler and Cusack doesn't mean that a multiplier can be applied either since that's an isolated incident. That's not how the multiplier rules work. I can give many examples to this specific issue.
ON is his combat speed litteraly

During Enies Lobby, Gear 2nd Luffy's Jet Pistol does more damage to Lucci than his Base Bazooka. A Base Bazooka is 2x Luffy's regular AP, so we scale Gear 2nd Luffy more than 2x above his Base Form. However we do not then therefore say that Gear 2nd is ALWAYS a Multiplier of 2x to his Base Form. This is the same sort of situation, so it doesn't apply.
I see your point tho it’s quite different with the feats we use

Here is how the author refers to the demon mark.

魔神族の力の解放で暴走状態となってしまったトリスタンが参戦。

Tristan, who went out of control as a result of the release of the demonic race's power, has entered the war.

• Hence why I said DM2 would be a « Higher » stacked upon DM1 without being a 2x amp since it’s not directly stated
  • I used Bleach as an example earlier

We gave the movie as evidence for them being relative amps
I gave 4Kota and the author statement that generalise it to all demons
It is shown in verse to be a physiology trait common to all demons
You Also are the one making the claim about it not being the same thing the Burden would logically be on you a burden of proof fallacy would be to reject the burden and put it on someone that Made 0 assumption about it being different

I mean i’m the one who confirmed the translation since the beginning Mitch…
Just read the OP

Dm1 amps Both DM2 amps AP to an unknown extent and speed 2x

Demon marks are the same for every demons

is it okay or you want me to reformulate something ?
That's referring to Meliodas' combat class compared to Fraudrin. Meliodas' power level here was 60k, and the Demon Mark increased it further, while Fraudrin was only 31k.

It's about applying the multiplier to other characters/incarnations of Meliodas.

That's not what I'm asking. Pre-Unsealed Meliodas was the one with the feats that show a 2x amp, so I'm asking if the 1st Mark multiplier only scales to Pre-Unsealed Meliodas, or if it can be applied to every incarnation of 1st Mark Demon Meliodas (i.e, Post-Purgatory and the Holy War era).

Ominous Nebula is just Zeldris' darkness being revolved at high speed to create a vortex, so it'd scale to physical speed.
Here is the Small translation i made (there are loads of similar ones about Tristan’s demon mark being generalised as a demon clan power hence why We should use it as a pure physiology trait having the same effects etc…)

To me, that doesn't seem like enough evidence for a uniform power boost.
It’s quite obvious that the author make 0 différence between Demon Marks

I mean there is 0 reason to assume Mel’s DM1 would be different than Zel’s etc…
You’Ve argued against Mitch and won this point already but i thought it Would be better to show an author statement as Additional proof

DM1 should be used to the same extent for every demons

DM2 should be used to the same extent for every demons

DM2 should be 2x AP at least in Zel’s case Using his feats as evidence

DM2 shouldn’t be considered as 2x AP IN any other situation Using Zel’s feats as evidence as it would go against the rules We should give « Higher » ratings for now waiting for more feats
I still think DM2 being a 2x amp in AP is consistant tho

Here are my current stances

We should all come to this/a conclusion and wait for more proofs we could re discuss this topic later this thread should not revolve around a single subject

That's not what I'm asking. Pre-Unsealed Meliodas was the one with the feats that show a 2x amp, so I'm asking if the 1st Mark multiplier only scales to Pre-Unsealed Meliodas, or if it can be applied to every incarnation of 1st Mark Demon Meliodas (i.e, Post-Purgatory and the Holy War era).
Yes, of course. ANY TIME Meliodas uses a Demon Mark for any of his keys, be it Post-Purgatory, Holy War, Unsealed, etc. It's ok to consider his Demon Mark Meliodas at least 2x above SPECIFICALLY his Base Form

So like regardless of what Base Meliodas scales to, him using any of his Demon Marks is at least 2x above that
Ominous Nebula is just Zeldris' darkness being revolved at high speed to create a vortex, so it'd scale to physical speed.
His physical and regular combat speed do not scale to that however. Like without Ominous Nebula, he doesn't scale as fast
They are portrayed as equals during the entire movie
Went back and rewatched some scenes and you're right

Curse of the Light 1st Demon Mark Meliodas = Curse of the Light 1st Demon Mark Zeldris

Curse of the Light 2nd Demon Mark Meliodas = Curse of the Light 2nd Demon Mark Zeldris

So I am fine with Meliodas' 2nd Demon Mark having the same multiplier as Zeldris' 2nd Demon Mark
It is tho DM2 Zeldris is stated to be 2x Faster than DM1 and shown to be 2x more powerful in this instance
Him stating to be 2x faster and also just happening to scale 2x higher does not confirm that we can consider all Demon Marks 2x Amp to Attack Power

It's a neat coincidence, but that's enough to confirm a dirct uniform multiplier
Mhmh that’s basically what we would get stacking DM2 on DM1 lol
So you agree with...

ON is his combat speed litteraly
Not his base speed. He was equal to Ludoshel in Base combat speed. OM is a separate speed rating the same way it's a separate AP rating
I see your point tho it’s quite different with the feats we use
It's similar
魔神族の力の解放で暴走状態となってしまったトリスタンが参戦。

Tristan, who went out of control as a result of the release of the demonic race's power, has entered the war.
This does not confirm that all Demon Marks are a uniform amp at all. All this says is that Demon Marks are a Demon Race's Power... I do however agree with Meliodas and Zeldris' Demon Marks being equal

It’s quite obvious that the author make 0 différence between Demon Marks

I mean there is 0 reason to assume Mel’s DM1 would be different than Zel’s etc…
You’Ve argued against Mitch and won this point already but i thought it Would be better to show an author statement as Additional proof

DM1 should be used to the same extent for every demons

DM2 should be used to the same extent for every demons

DM2 should be 2x AP at least in Zel’s case Using his feats as evidence

DM2 shouldn’t be considered as 2x AP IN any other situation Using Zel’s feats as evidence as it would go against the rules We should give « Higher » ratings for now waiting for more feats
I still think DM2 being a 2x amp in AP is consistant tho

Here are my current stances

We should all come to this/a conclusion and wait for more proofs we could re discuss this topic later this thread should not revolve around a single subject
Meliodas and Zeldris' being the same yes

However I don't agree to everyone else's Demon Marks being the same outside of maybe Tristan

Yes, of course. ANY TIME Meliodas uses a Demon Mark for any of his keys, be it Post-Purgatory, Holy War, Unsealed, etc. It's ok to consider his Demon Mark Meliodas at least 2x above SPECIFICALLY his Base Form

So like regardless of what Base Meliodas scales to, him using any of his Demon Marks is at least 2x above that
Yeah

His physical and regular combat speed do not scale to that however. Like without Ominous Nebula, he doesn't scale as fast
He is faster with Ominous Nebulae than his normal speed (in the movie he seems way more efficient with it Using it while flying etc…) and ON doubles In speed with DM2
His base is relative to Lightspeed Ludociel his ON is higher his DM2 ON 2x Faster
Demon mark 2 doubles his speed anyway

Went back and rewatched some scenes and you're right

Curse of the Light 1st Demon Mark Meliodas = Curse of the Light 1st Demon Mark Zeldris

Curse of the Light 2nd Demon Mark Meliodas = Curse of the Light 2nd Demon Mark Zeldris

So I am fine with Meliodas' 2nd Demon Mark having the same multiplier as Zeldris' 2nd Demon Mark
Yeah

Him stating to be 2x faster and also just happening to scale 2x higher does not confirm that we can consider all Demon Marks 2x Amp to Attack Power
Read my message about my current stance i think we shouldn’t use DM2 as an automatic 2x AP amp Using Zeldris’s feats as an evidence We should wait for a statement keeping his feats in mind and Just say DM2’s AP is higher

It's a neat coincidence, but that's enough to confirm a dirct uniform multiplier

So you agree with...

Not his base speed. He was equal to Ludoshel in Base combat speed. OM is a separate speed rating the same way it's a separate AP rating

It's similar

This does not confirm that all Demon Marks are a uniform amp at all. All this says is that Demon Marks are a Demon Race's Power... I do however agree with Meliodas and Zeldris' Demon Marks being equal
Imo Tristan statement at least confirm the fact that demon marks are physiology related traits

We shouldn’t regard them as different without any Base they are shown to do the exact same things and are shown to be similar in potency in the only known case of 2 demons being =

All we need are Meliodas' and Zeldris' being the same, and those are the only ones currently being scaled.

We're not saying this applies to Derieri and other Demons.
Yeah He agreed to their DM’s being the same so we’re okay ig

Thanks y’all but i’ll have to Go to sleep now 😭

I don't think we can say that for sure, as of now.

But it doesn't matter anyway, because Demon Tristan > Enchanter Tristan.

Edit: More substantiation for a 2x amp.

Also more experienced enchantment user should get a 3x amp since they are more experienced and Lancelot mentions this.

He said Percival was an amateur for not knowing how to use it as all. That's not any indication that skill has anything to do with it.

For all we know, it could just be the type of magic and how it's applied.

He said Percival was an amateur for not knowing how to use it as all. That's not any indication that skill has anything to do with it.

For all we know, it could just be the type of magic and how it's applied.
It should be 2 or 3x for all enchantment user then?

That wouldn't get anything, since King's attacks are constantly channelling magic from the Sacred Tree and are infused with Disaster (neither of which are even really confirmed to be Enchanter/Destroyer).

He's just drawing on a lot more energy than usual.

Also, these characters are already on the lower end of 4 to 16 times weaker than the Archangel's vessels, let alone Mael with 4 Commandments.

I think so.

Youth DK is comparable to The One, so they'd go from 329.76 teratons to 412.2 teratons (a 25% increase).
Darkness is a 10x amp though since it’s destroyer type
That wouldn't get anything, since King's attacks are constantly channelling magic from the Sacred Tree and are infused with Disaster (neither of which are even really confirmed to be Enchanter/Destroyer).

He's just drawing on a lot more energy than usual.

Also, these characters are already on the lower end of 4 to 16 times weaker than the Archangel's vessels, let alone Mael with 4 Commandments.
Enchantment is magic that can’t be used outside of a weapon

All we need are Meliodas' and Zeldris' being the same, and those are the only ones currently being scaled.

We're not saying this applies to Derieri and other Demons.
Since the demon mark multipliers can now be used since demon mitch approves of it only for Meliodas, Zeldris and Tristian what would the scaling chain look like?

For this part:
This one is going to be more controversial, even to the point where I (who introduced the multiplier) disagree with it. Basically, 2nd Mark Meliodas couldn't damage the Gloom Cocoon, and one-shot it by just transforming into Assault Mode (which actually occurred after Mel amped it even more with negative energy). Tristan, on the other hand, could already damage an amped cocoon and merely sliced it in two with a 2-3 times amp (see below for details). I disagree because slicing something like butter isn't really indicative of insufficient strength to destroy it. 41.22 teratons (Country level).
I think AM should at least be regarded as a 2x multiplier.

+Shown to survive the FC’d attack bounced back by the Perfect cube. (We have new arguments regarding this)
+Tristan’s exemple (With a good gap between what’s shown for both situations)
+AM narratively being the demon power pushed to a greater extent than simple demon mark etc…

We should regard all these feats all at once and judge them together It seems pretty logical to at least lowball it to the effects of DM1

For this part:

I think AM should at least be regarded as a 2x multiplier.

+Shown to survive the FC’d attack bounced back by the Perfect cube. (We have new arguments regarding this)
+Tristan’s exemple (With a good gap between what’s shown for both situations)
+AM narratively being the demon power pushed to a greater extent than simple demon mark etc…

We should regard all these feats all at once and judge them together It seems pretty logical to at least lowball it to the effects of DM1
I agree with this.

Also Mael is repeatedly stated to be the strongest fighter in the godeses clan so he should be far stronger than Elizabeth and comparable/equal to AM Meliodas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back