• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightblood power correction

1) Existence Erasure is enhanced not weakened with Investiture (magic). He oneshoted that thing because it was charged with investiture, if it was just normal stone it would be way harder. That is because his power increases with absorbed energy, but is reset when put in aluminium shieth.

Since it corrupts energy, it is slower against beeings with high amounts of energy. A Shard would be devoured with such a slow speed that it is not practically possible for it not to start evading it before process starts to have any meaning. (People asked author if throwing Nightblood into Shard's perpendicularity would kill it and Sanderson said that it is not practically possible as far as I remember)

2) Aluminium stops it by the way, in oathbringer his atacks could be stopped with a piece of it.

3) I would add marginal Concept Manipulation tier 2 to nightblood since it cuts in the 3 realms.

Altering Spiritual Realm with hemalurgy causes objets that ideas refer to change, and changing object changes idea. Nightblood vaporizes both. But It always draws first energy that is easily accesable what can cause the channel or phisical manifestation to dissapear and cut off the concept before serious damage hapens.

Oh yeah also:

4) Szeth resist Nightblood's bloodlust fully. He decided not to feel satisfaction when killing people, and Nightblood calls him boring. That is probably conected with that Szeth has neither the Evil or Good reaction to the blade when meeting it.

5) This:

Outside of combat, Szeth blindly follows whoever holds his Oathstone, taking any order except one that provokes him to take his own life

no longer applies. Now he has a better oath. But:

6) He has a severed connection with his soul - In Edgedancer character with good magic sight sees his soul lagging a bit behind his body movements, making him more blurry. It is possible to cut or rip this soul apart from him with proper tools.

7) Weakness to specific emotional manipulation - he hears voices of people he killed in shadows and it could be used against him.

5/6/7 sound alright, I'll trust you know what you're talking about with the later books.

Also, just wanted to thank you so much for helping with the profiles. If you want, you can edit your name on the verse page as a supporter of The Cosmere here , so people can contact you for matches and revisions.

Also, since my memory is a bit meh for the first three books, I'd love to rework Kelsier and The Lord Ruler if there is anything inaccurate with the pages.

For clarity and future reference I am logging there all changes that I've made as the result of this thread.

Powers and Abilities:

Weaknesses:

• Removed:
    • Outside of combat, Szeth blindly follows whoever holds his Oathstone, taking any order except one that provokes him to take his own life
    • People with considerable amount of invesiture, which would be considered as magic, can survive attacks from Nightblood, although it would quickly drain them of their magical energy.
  • Added:
    • He has a severed connection with his soul - the soul lagging a bit behind his body movements, making him more blurry to the eyes of some beings with magical sight. It is possible to cut or rip this soul apart from him with proper tools Word of God. He can also be susceptible to emotional manipulation - as a result of his guilt and power mixing together he can hear accusations from the people he killed within shadows.
    • Nightblood can be blocked with certain alloys of aluminum.

Back