• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Likely a composite Game/Animated series Mario along with composite Game/Anime/Cartoon Sonic

Even though I like Sonic better, I think Mario would most likely win this one. The only way I see Sonic winning this is going Darkspine or 2-C Super, since Archie Sonic and Paper Mario aren't used here

I think they won't use Mario's MFTL+ feats, since they all involve Power Stars in some way. At that point, his next best is Sub-Relativistic. Then again they don't consider game Sonic FTL (See Zero vs Metal Sonic) so they'll probably nerf the crap out of his speed. Here's how I think a battle between Mario and Sonic would go with speed unequalized and Mario at Sub-Relativistic.

1: Sonic tries to Speedblitz

2: His attacks do nothing to Mario

3: Either Mario finally lands a hit (Likely using Time Manip. to do so) or Sonic goes Super and one shots since without power stars Mario is only High 4-C. And since Sonic probably would react to Mario's Time Manipulation with his own the latter seems more likely.

I'm almost 100% confident that they're not gonna rate either character close to the tiers listed on this site. As shown in the preview their weird explosions calc would put Mario's durability in the multi-megaton range, which is probably be the level they say he can operate at.

IMO I feel like Mario should go back to Varies (7-B to High 4-C) without power stars since it's been stated that Mario has no canon, as well as the fact that almost every Mario game that's made that isn't a mainline platformer is made by a different company than Nintendo (Giving off a Marvel and DC vibe, though to a lesser extent)

They said that Shadow was hypersonic even though he's roughly equal to Sonic where there's official statements about Sonic being faster than light in Unleashed and Colors, as well as the light speed attack.

This Power Stars tier is so stupid to me.

Why wouldn't he have thwm in this fight anyways? Sonic will definitely have the Chaos Emeralds, which in the game canon, always requires him to collect them first, and I know about Unleashed; that can easily just be PIS or him utilizing the hammerspace he's known to have.

We also wouldn't have Shulk without the Monado III, so I don't really get the notion that they wouldn't have that stuff there.

Mario defeats bosses amped up by Power Stars or Grand Stars even without a single Power Star I should add. Also, Mario's feats are extremely consistent into Large Star level even without Power Star enhancements. Also, I wonder if anyone actually calc'd Constellation feats, because I'm pretty sure they vary. They could be Large Star level if all 2 or more stars are all within the same star system, but if each star is located in another solar system/star system, then the result could be in the 4-B to 4-A range.

Also, Luigi (Note: Luigi is the canon protagonist of Mario Party 3 for multiple reasons I could explain) wasn't even amped up by Power Stars when he fought the Millenium Star, who has a legit Massively FTL+ speed feat. Same with Bowser, he was stripped of all Power Stars in Mario Party 9 when he kept up with Star bits on his clown car.

He had power stars in Galaxy. Specifically he had a Luma under his hat, witch even gave him a new power. And even if the Millenium Star's speed is validly without Power Stars, it's so far above everything else Mario has done Speed-wise it really should just be an outlier. That's right, I said the O word. If Sonic's FOUR, possibly FIVE tier 5 feats are considered outliers, then I don't see why Mario's four speed feats arn't.

Simple. Because base Sonic doesn't have four/five tier 5 feats. And unlike the Chaos Emeralds, Power Stars don't increase speed. Luma does nothing but allow Mario to spi.

Sonic has 0 Tier 5 feats in base form, that was Super Sonic who has a couple, or all 7 Chaos Emeralds. Base Dark Gaia and Perfect Chaos are Tier 5, but Sonic doesn't scale to them because it's reverse power scaling. Punching through the glass window of a building doesn't make you Building level. All Sonic did against Dark Gaia was distract him by attacking the eyes while Light Gaia did the actual work. A bee helping martial artists A by stinking Martial Artist B in the eye doesn't mean the bee scales. All the Tier 5 feats in Sonic are either done by Super Sonic, or feats Sonic doesn't scale to because reverse power scaling.

Mario on the other hand actually has his own Massively FTL+ speed feats with or without power stars, and has been shown to keep up with Lumas without being enhanced by a Luma. Also, don't ignore the plot, another difference is that Mario actually curb stomps various Tier 4 and Massively FTL+ bosses where as the entire plot of Sonic Adventures 1 or Sonic Unleashed clearly states that Sonic is completely outmatched against those two, and needs all 7 Chaos Emeralds in order to win against them in the first place.

"Dosn't have 4/5 Tier 5 feats"

Ultimate Emerl has been stated to be able to destroy the planet (When people say someone can destroy the planet they don't mean in 2 hits)

He can take hits from Chaos 6, Perfect Chaos and Imperfect Dark Gaia

Black Hole Feat

That's like saying Krillin can take hits from Frieza, Cell, and Buu. "Feats" of people canonically far superior to you aren't feats.

Unlike Dragon Ball, basically everyone in Sonic is roughly equal. And Sonic can survive the attacks without getting a giant hole in his chest. And Sonic can take hits from them and is compareable to characters who can damage him. Also Black Hole Feat

To be honest I still don't get why Emerl was downgraded.

We have have Perfect Chaos who is 5-A just for being powered by the Negative Energy of the Chaos Emeralds, and then we have Emerl who is powered by the Chaos Emeralds themselves and Gerald stated might be able to destroy earth if he gets all 7 and yet he isn't even close to 5-B.

Sonic has taken hits from tier 5s on five seperate occasions (Because the black hole feat was an attack used on him)

He does cause Dark Gaia pain, and modern sonic defeats Perfect Chaos in base.

Chaos 6 got beaten by Tails, who is weaker than Sonic.

While I won't actively push for it, I do support tier 5 base Sonic due to the black hole feats. I however do agree that using Perfect Chaos and Dark Gaia aren't good arguments because Sonic could only hurt Dark Gaia by attacking his eyes and Perfect Chaos by hitting his brain.

As for the black hole the Eggrobo created that Smashor was talking, I'll show you the fight.

The real cal howard said:
Still not how it works.
Okay let me redo it:

1. Emerl is powered by the seven Chaos Emeralds and it has been stated that he might be able to destroy earth with them.
  2. Managed to copy the Final Egg Blaster, a weapon that was far beyond his current capabilities (Sure, it took him a considerable time and felt a lot of pain while doing it, but you don't see him blowing up after doing it)
  3. Destroyed the Master Emerald, an object capable of nullifying his power source (Though this could simply be resistance to power nullification or a speed feat, so I wont really debate this)
  4. Is able to one-shoot Sonic during the final battle (It doesn't happen often, but still) and Sonic was only able to beat him because he was malfuctioning
See why I'm sceptical to the downgrade?

Remember this isn't a revision thread, this is fun and games. Discussing ap between the two is irrelevant because it's death battle.

Those same battleboards would rate Sonic as '''Wall level''' and '''Supersonic''' speed also.

Back