• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Baby Mario actually has a Super form in Mario-kun. However, it hasn't been shown as suoer powerful from what I remember ubless we scale it up to veing better than the Penguin Suit that froze the planet, I believe. That's a bit shaky though

my point was that it was one strongest version of a character vs the weakest version of another character when the character that was won was equal to someone who had beaten the strongest version of that character (In DB's eyes)

Especially since it's the 100th episode so it'd be nice to do the biggest fight so far (Seriously I saw an amazing written one somewhere)

I've seen some amazing fan-made DBs in my time. I have to say that they're leagues above the original. Heck, the fights here are better despite many having a lack of similarities.

Phoenix821 said:
Fanon Death Battles on DBFW are like Fanficiton you have to look through tons of bad ones to find good ones.
True. Though, even the matches here are better.

Despite not having similarities....Well, that's it. Some of them have no similarities, which makes it a lot of fun. It's basically pulling characters out of a box (except they have to be the same tier), and that's what makes it fun.

They gace Mario a city level feat in the preview that I think cane fron a Sports game, so perhaps the Party games may be looked into as well?

They did use an archie exclusive mechanic of Super Sonic (Going back to peak physical condition afterwards) and several scans of Archie Sonic.

Plus Mario being MFTL+ based on 3 feats while Sonic can't get into tier 5 on 4 feats is a pile of bullhockey. Espesially since only one of those feats are without a Power Star. Possibly none of them since Mario Party has Power Stars witch are apparently the exact same in the main series as the galaxy series.

Ooh-wee *rubs hands* I can't wait for them to multiply Sonic's 100 kiloton feat by 1000 to get Super Sonic's potential attack potency,which is half Mario's durability(in Screwattack's eyes) of 2.5 megatons. I can tell from the preview that the downplay on both ends is going to be ludicrous.

Oh. Well I'm guessing that means the Fleetway Comics are out too. As a Sonic Fan, this picture perfectly displays my emotion:

Harold

Wait, if Death Battle dosn't use Mario's MFTL+ feats for Mario maybe Sonic would be too fast for Mario to land a hit before he goes Super, since Mario next best speed is Sub-Relativistic and then speed blitzes him. Plus Mario wouldn't use Power Stars (Not to be confused with Invincibility/Super Stars) in character since the Comet Observatory needs them and even if he wanted to use them he would need prep to get his hands on them, meaning in a Death Battle senerio he wouldn't have them.

Seriously though, shouldn't Mario's MFTL+ be in his With Power Stars key?

I mean if they use Post-Retcon Paper Mario then I can see Sonic winning plus they might not even use Paper Mario feats and say he's a different character to regular Mario

Genericstickman said:
I mean if they use Post-Retcon Paper Mario then I can see Sonic winning plus they might not even use Paper Mario feats and say he's a different character to regular Mario
Archie Comics.

I am split. I want an accurate result.....but I like Sonic infinitely more than Mario........And I am one of those people who refuse to accept Mario being faster than Sonic out of sheer denial....because I just ******* hate Mario as a character.

Archie Comics arn't used. Don't get me wrong, 5-A (TIER 5 BASE SONIC IS REAL) to 4-A still is more than a 1000% increase

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am split. I want an accurate result.....but I like Sonic infinitely more than Mario........And I am one of those people who refuse to accept Mario being faster than Sonic out of sheer denial....because I just ******* hate Mario as a character.
Granted, this is coming from someone who doesn't like Sonic once the Adventure era hit, but why don't you like Mario?

My weird take

I like Mario as a game character better

I Like Sonic more outside the medium of video games

Well first off, the guy kinda lacks much of a character to begin with.

But from everything I've seen. The guy is an asshole and glory hog. Have you seen that Mario Tennis ending if Luigi wins? Dude is literally stepping on Luigi's shoes . Compared to Sonic who, while he's not the most original character, has a personality. I like his wise cracking, sarcastic, cocky, fun loving, outgoing and smart mouthed attitude and his dialogue, especially in Colors really made me like him. Mario, doesn't have anything that makes him appeal to me as a character at all. He's just there. He's our hero who has the hots for the literal conceptual embodiment of the Damsel in Distress trope. LUIGI is someone I enjoy infinitely more than Mario. Out of all the Mario cast, he's literally bottom of the barrel for me. Surpassed only by Wario.

Recent game quality aside, Sonic appeals to me much more.

Back