• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Don't they scale from Yellow who destroyed a mountain? Also, I'm guessing Semi Super Mecha Sonic is Island level, right?

Robot972 said:
Screwattack may **** up, but the fans will take everything way out of proportion...
And sometimes they half-screw some shit while cleans up others god damn right.

The music implies Mario busts out his big guns first, while Super Sonic comes in at the end, which doesn't look good for Mario.

Though, we've had a Super form be defeated in the last 30 seconds with hax, so I dunno.

Tinfoil is really supporting Sonic on this one

Foxthefox1000 said:
The music implies Mario busts out his big guns first, while Super Sonic comes in at the end, which doesn't look good for Mario.

Though, we've had a Super form be defeated in the last 30 seconds with hax, so I dunno.

Tinfoil is really supporting Sonic on this one
Rumor: Super Mario 3D World course clear with a remix of another Sonic game was being played at the very end of the OST.

They talk about mo calculaton amd tease that they'll uncover Sonic's "true speed" in the full episode.

Yeah, tinfoil is really doing him some favors

I don't see DB caring about safety. They had Superman beat Goku twice despite massive backlash and so far have kept to their results.

In the first match they basically used EoDBZ Goku with the SS4 boost tacked on. The second match had RoF SSB, which was "SSB > SSG ~ Restrained Beerus who could one shot Fat Buu, was stated as being stronger than Vegito, and dominated SS3 Goku". Rather than "Vaguely above 3-A".

Second Episode Superman was a composite Post-Crisis/New 52 Superman.

In the first episode they mentioned they weren't using any Pre-Crisis feats since it'd be one sided.

I prefer not to talk about GvS given the controversy, but the problem with Superman is that Screwattack gave him the ultimate NLF and assumed he was limitless. And they also mixed various canon and non-canon versions of Superman rather than using the simple primary canon Superman. And same with using feats that really aren't even close to universal or infinite strength; such as Book of Infinite pages or Spectre lifting, those aren't even feats since he failed to lift both of them. And Spectre doesn't have Infinite mass.

The Dragon is right. This is Mario vs Sonic not Goku vs Superman so let's not derail this thread. I actually want to talk about that mega man vs sonic video

So yeah, Screwattack just relaesed a new episode of their Death Battle Podcast where they went into some detail about Mario vs Sonic coming out in two weeks. According to Ben, they're doing a fresh take with the 8+ years worth of games and media that has come out in order to redetermine who would win. They'll go into more detail next week, but here's what I'm guessing is how the fight will go:

They will probably do the same thing as last time, throwing them against each other with all the power ups they can think of, now introducing the new powerups from Galaxy for Mario and the Wisps for Sonic. It'll probably result in what happened last time: the power ups cancel out and Sonic wins through speed. I'd be fine with either victor, I enjoy both of them, though I lean more towards Sonic because I loved his comics.

Now, concerning the contradiction in their rules where Ben said on Twitter said they won't use Archie comics and yet used it for Amy. The feats they used were very low end for the Sonic games and not contradictory, mainly because Amy's canon feats in the games are low. Ben states all of this here: https://twitter.com/BenBSinger/status/1045066004559093760 (Scroll down a bit and you'll find it). So, surviving the rock Knuckles crushed her with in that Sonic Universe arc seems reasonable. Sonic running across a multiverse that has never mentioned in game twice in less than a day? Probably too extreme for them to consider.

I also have a feeling that Sonic will be limited in his arsenal as well. I don't think he'll have access to his Werehog form or Excalibur because they only appeared in one game and are outside the usual Sonic formula. If they throw them in, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but they probably would be countered even if they were. I think Darkspine may be thrown in, but that's also a stretch.

I am fully aware that Death Battle doesn't scale the same way Vs Battle does, I've accepted that. They only have a month to research and calculate to make a new episode, so they won't accept everything. Also, any inconsistencies in the animated fight aren't meant to be taken seriously, simply because, as they've said multiple times in their podcast, the fight is meant to be a fun visual representation of what is likely to happen for the audience, not the portrayal of what would happen every time. I'll be satisfied with the fight no matter how it goes. I still think Sonic will win, but I won't be steaming mad if he doesn't.

I still say Pre-Crisis Supes winning can be accurate, but that's all I'll say there.

This is the first DB I don't wanna spoil myself on because I grew up with both and I want to be surprised amd witness it with anticipation, even if I'll probably end up disappointed

Back