• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer Newer SU continuation revision

Okay here's the ones I think should be added. I left out all the ones that do Status Effect Inducement since they could be considered Game Mechanics. I also left out all their team attacks.

Steven:

• Shield Dash: Steven dashes towards his opponent and knocks them back with his shield, can run through multiple enemies and stun enemies.
Garnet:

• Quake: Garnet smashes her fists into the ground, causing an earthquake to knock enemies back.
  • All or Nothing Garnet has a 50% chance of dealing MEGA damage, 50% chance of dealing no damage.
Amethyst:

• Electrocute: Amethyst ensnares an enemy in her whip and shoots electricty down her whip, shocking enemies.
Connie:

• Sword Storm: Connie delivers an extremetly quick flurry of blows against her opponent before jumping and delivering a final blow.
Pearl:

• Spear Throw: Pearl can throw her spear with enough force to pass through multiple enemies, dealing damage.
Peridot:

• Tablet Throw: Peridot uses her ferrokinesis to launch her tablet at enemies, causing an explosion upon impact.
  • Pericannon: Peridot builds a "Pericannon" that shoots projectiles constantly at enemies. Can build up to 3.
    • Molten Core: When activated, all Pericannons become supercharged and deal extra damage for 5 seconds. Works by Peridot sending a pulse out from her body which activates the Molten Core.
  • Landmine: Peridot builds a landmine that when stepped on, explodes dealing damage. Can build multiple landmines.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
You know, I figured I'd just ask this here, as it doesn't seem like it'd need its own thread.

Why are the Rubies rated as 7-A via scaling to someone who is Low 7-B?
That's from back when the Rubies and Sapphire were the same tier. The reasoning should be updated, as the Rubies scale to their own feat now.

That should definitely be updated, yeah. Because as of now, their reasoning for being 7-A is because other Rubies are 7-A, and other the description then suggests other Rubies are 7-A due to Sapphire.

Just removing mention of her and making the feat more clear should be good.

There's something about SU that's been on my mind we currently have Pearl at Relativistic for piloting the Roaming Eye. But afaik we don't scale characters reactions from piloting space ships ( otherwise we'd have FTL Han Solo or Captain Kirk)

Is there something about it that makes it an exception I'm missing? Genuinely curious.

While we're on the subject of Rubies, I have a question. Should the Eyeball Ruby profile be edited to be a profile for the Ruby Squad in general? They're pretty interchangeable, sans personality and experience and the Ruby Fusion is already listed on the profile anyways. Should they each get a different key on the profile or should they all just get their own profile?

The Wright Way said:
While we're on the subject of Rubies, I have a question. Should the Eyeball Ruby profile be edited to be a profile for the Ruby Squad in general? They're pretty interchangeable, sans personality and experience and the Ruby Fusion is already listed on the profile anyways. Should they each get a different key on the profile or should they all just get their own profile?
The other Rubies never do anything though, they don't need keys.

"Can Pilot the Roaming Eye though asteroids and dodge incoming asteroids from extremely close range"

The linked gif is shown her doing this via piolting the ship.

@Weekly

This seems like it would need a thread to apply to the whole site first, then. As opposed to just applying to SU and no one else, which leads to questions like this.

I'm almost certain that you can get reactions far, far greater than "Peak Human" for someone like Han Solo just by eyeballing his flying in any movie he's in, for example.

@Azzy If you can dodge things from point blank range while piloting a ship it should absolutely scale to your reaction speed

If Han did something similar it should scale

That might actually be a good idea honestly. It just makes sense doesn't it? If you were in a car going 200 miles an hour you'd need Subsonic reaction speeds to avoid crashing the car.

Even thinking back to his prequel film, where he's supposed to be an objectively worse/far more inexperienced pilot, I'm almost certain he has in numerous scenes, especially during ship combat.

@Weekly

Yes, but I think that one is far easier to justify as some sort of aim dodging, in almost all cases. I don't remember every specific instance, though.

I recall Darkanine making an FTL calc for Han based on the Han shot first scene but it was considered an outlier.

This is from the Blaster's official page.

• In Legends, blaster bolts are explicitly stated to be particle beams which travel at the speed of light.
  • In the Disney Canon however, the novels "Lords of the Sith" and "Heir to the Jedi" and some comics explicitly state that blaster bolts are bolts of plasma while the reference book "The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections" describes a blaster bolt as being a bolt of plasma encased in a "magnetic field bubble". Their velocities in this continuity are more unclear. There are calcs which attempt to gauge the true velocities of blaster bolts in modern canon works with consistent special effects, such as the Prequel Trilogy and the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Results vary from Hypersonic at the very least to Massively Hypersonic+ at most.

It comes from reacting to asteroids from point blank range while moving at 33%c

It was agreed on after an extensive discussion and there is no reason for it to not be legitimate

Back