• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer Newer SU continuation revision

WeeklyBattles said:
9,800 degrees.
Fahrenheit or Celcius?

And if that statement places it past the Mantle it's contradicted later, which would make the statement unreliable.

I certainly hope Fahrenheit otherwise Earth as a whole would be a big ball of lava lol

But yeah, its F seeing as the core's temperature is 10,800 F

WeeklyBattles said:
I certainly hope Fahrenheit otherwise Earth as a whole would be a big ball of lava lol
But yeah, its F seeing as the core's temperature is 10,800 F
Looking at the charts that actually places it well into the Outer Core, which isn't part of the mantle, which means we still have the contradiction of statements issue. The Mantle statement being said after this makes it even more shaky, implying some sort of retcon or misunderstanding of the stats of the Earth's layers.

I feel like a good compromise would be doing a low-end of the lower Mantle and a high end of the upper Outer Core, although I'd err towards the former.

Feel free to do it, even if we have to adjust it a bit its a hell of a lot better than just ignoring it entirely

"So, can some calc this (Around 5:05) laser dodging feat then since it's now likely accurate to use?"

Also, please, just a yes or no on whether we can calc this as a laser doging feat would suffice, I've been asking since the 15th and no one has really answered me yet.

They reflect off various surfaces, I guess. There's other laser dodging feats in the series anyways so I guess it's worth a shot trying.

Thank you. I should also point out they also travel in straight lines and while it's not part of our standard conventions for laser dodging feats they don't explode on impact. (A laser can't produce an explosion unless it has enough energy in the blast, though I think at that point it turns into plasma anyway.)

I don't really know about this one but here he actually blocked a laser after it had been fired.

Also, an extra thing, but would we be allowed to link this respect thread on the verse page? It seems to be more up-to-date and more organized than the one we currently have linked.

Yeah, I meant to update the respect thread links but never got to it.

You can go ahead if you'd like.

So uh, should we go and get a calc group member for that laser dodging feat or, what do we do? I'm not very well versed on how calcing works here.

CinnabarManx421 said:
So uh, should we go and get a calc group member for that laser dodging feat or, what do we do? I'm not very well versed on how calcing works here.
It shouldn't be that hard for me to calc myself.

You can throw it on the calculations request board though just in case.

Also, is the feat more impressive since they dodged it from almost every direction or does that change nothing? Little argument I had with my friend about dodging things, he didn't think it's more impressive to dodge something from multiple directions.

I mean, I also have to examine to see if they weren't aimdodging from the blasters.

Considering I'm just comparing the character's speed with the beams IDK if there being multiple beams would change the result much; maybe they had to move more to block a second blast or something.

Can I also point out, that when the beams first start firing, when the gems all jump off in random directions, Steven just kinda falls to the side as his dodge and it's adorable.

I think that the first post seems to make sense and is probably fine to apply, but I am not the best person to ask.

The one from Dargoo at the top of this thread.

Bump.

Will we ever finish this thread? Will SU ever get consistent animation? Will calcs long promised ever come to light? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z! ovo

Is there enough consensus to apply any changes here?

Yea I think the only things were still waiting on are the laser dodging feat to be evaluated/calced, pages for the Diamond Ships/Mech to be made, The Harmony Core Profile Weekly was talking about, A profile for the Homeworld Empire, and a few things I mentioned above like possible Attack Reflection and Martial Arts for Pearl.

Edit: Actually I just remembered something, could Steven's Healing powers give him a form of Biolgical Manipulation? Remember when he healed Connie's eyesight? Doing something like that isn't as simple as making her eyes work properly, when someone needs glasses to see, it's typically because they're nearsighted or farsighted, which is caused by your eyes have an irregular shape and light focuses in the wrong parts of your eyes. So Steven would've literally had to have changed the shape of her eyes in order to "heal" them.
Nearsighted vs. Farsighted

Bumping to ask should we add some of the characters abilites from Attack/Save the Light? They have quite a few techniques in those games that aren't on their profiles.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Bumping to ask should we add some of the characters abilites from Attack/Save the Light? They have quite a few techniques in those games that aren't on their profiles.
On this note, should Squaridot have a profile? She has some tech that regular Peridot doesn't and currently has a different mindset than our Peridot (given that she's literally just another Peridot minus the character development).

Back