• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Necrozma VS Wisemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
"However, I still believe Necrozma will be able to avoid any redirected attacks with Ultra Wormholes to not get touched by them."

I argue that he'd be a little too shocked to do so if another version of him came out and countered his Smart Strike or Photon Geyser. These moves will be harder to use as Wisemon doesn't just replay all willy nilly. He's a strategic fighter. Plus these aren't simple redirects, these are high speed playbacks, so he could be getting hit with a high speed barrage of his own attacks that were already preserved in space time.

"For the question of Necrozma using them in combat from before, Im pretty sure that they could. Easily in fact. We don't treat abilities as non-combat applicable just because they weren't used in combat before and Necrozmas never had to fight with U.W.'s against anything other than maybe Solgaleo and Lunala, who he stomped. Plus, IIRC, Dawn/Dusk Necrozma was able to make like 5 of them just by roaring. So im sure Ultra Necrozma could do the same thing + more when facing an attack, but thats just me."

The question I was asking for that is whether it was in character for him to use said wormholes to avoid attacks. He never actually did so in game at all. It's a possibility, but not a high one. It's not an argument of ca, but an argument of will.

"For Eternal Nirvana, this is where i'll start again on my issues. Let me make this clear first though. I am not saying Necrozma will escape this attack if hit by it, like before. This move will very well work once hitting him. That is not the issue I have with it. The issue I have with this move is we aren't establishing just how Necro will actually get sealed in it. The effect? No issues. Just the causes. Does Wisemon need to get in contact with Necro to seal him in the space-time stones? Can he seal targets from over a distance? Does he teleport targets into the stones? Factors like these is what I meant here. If someone said something like Minato winning via sealing (when shinobi in Naruto definitely need to establish contact to seal like they do with Tailed Beasts) without going more in-depth about it like this, it would also be questionable about how they seal them. "

I've actually addressed this activation in the thread on a reply you likely haven't seen. But to save you time. Even if we accept Eternal Nirvana as the slowest energy beam in the world, going 1 inch per 5 billion years, Wisemon still has teleportation and can just warp behind Necrozma, touch him and seal him.

"Hypothetically, if someone who had mid-godly regen needed themselves and their reality to be erased to nothingness in order to actually die, are we (us in general, not me and you Dragon) really going to say basic level death is going to legitimately harm them? Since Zeref was the example used here, i'll address him. My memory of FT is very foggy but if im in the right ball park, Zeref's death magic is done via making a wave of death energy yes? Death energy that sucks the life force of targets and can do stuff like kill off forests? Something like this would easily effect those with too low regen, healing, or nothing at all. That is for certain. However, what about someone who can come back from even being reduced to nothing? The death magic isn't like it destroys existence so a mid-godly should be perfectly capable of thriving through it. Or if we take this a step up, the mid-godly can enter an area where existence is erased and they make it out to tell about it. I don't think basic death like life sucking or fatigue should do anything. "

Necrozma does not have Mid-Godly and if he did it would not work without feats. It was accepted in the thread Gar recently made that Death Manipulation in general unless specified differently bypasses ANY non-Godly Regen. Death Manipulation was agreed to be mostly life force based and seeing as this move kills you immediately, and Digimon lack any type of organs, it is more than likely life force based like most death haxes. Simple deduction.

The thread I mentioned here. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1962778

Of course you have not countered the M-Bodies argument either.

Would it still count as restricting abilities if it was simply specified that Wisemon's real body starts in front of his opponent? Rather than saying he can't use M-bodies just say he starts without using them when he's against an opponent who cannot deal with them. As for them not being able to be restricted, fair enough and I can see why that would be.

If they're still in play in this match then my vote remains firmly Wisemon. Necrozma can deal with his moves fairly well, but the longer he fights the more moves are trapped in Pandora Dialogue and that's only made more dangerous by Wisemon's strategic mind.

-So for the playbacks, the beams would be coming back at Necrozma at high/higher speeds? Wouldn't that still be able to be dodged via Portals? Like if Necro used one of his beam moves, Wisemon redirects it, it comes back at Necrozma just faster?

-Ohh I see. Well, I think both of us agreed that Necro doesnt really have a set character on what he'll use, though he literally makes his debut with a Ultra Wormhole in the games. And when absorbing the lion/cat, he immediately makes 5. Not to mention he makes more of em all over Alola to summon UBs. I think that can be argued as him using U.W.'s more before using moves.

-I think I remember you saying that but forgot because of...stuff from before. That'd be good on closing distance, though, if Necro ever got someone teleporting on his back he could also teleport away too, making it a teleport chase race. Or, he could release his light energy to attack Wisemon and everything else like how his light spread all over Ultra Space and other worlds before.

-That Mid-Godly regen example actually wasnt for Necrozma. It was for speaking about the death hax in general and why it should be case by case really. As far as Necrozma goes its debatable on whether or not it'd kill him for good.

-The M-bodies I don't have a problem with though. I said everything after the Death Hax stuff was fair game to argue about.

The NLF Death Hax stuff I was talking about was I had issues with people instantly assuming the level of death the hax actually induces would be enough to kill the target, without taking into account what level of "death" or destruction you need to put the target down for good. Like for example if your death hax could insta kill people with Mid-level regen, it shoulnt mean it can kill those who can come back from non-existence.

Necrozma on his own however is debatable. Was more speaking in-general than this specific case.

"So for the playbacks, the beams would be coming back at Necrozma at high/higher speeds? Wouldn't that still be able to be dodged via Portals? Like if Necro used one of his beam moves, Wisemon redirects it, it comes back at Necrozma just faster? "

That and also the fact that they would be spammed over and over at high speeds until Necrozma counters appropriately.

"though he literally makes his debut with a Ultra Wormhole in the games. And when absorbing the lion/cat, he immediately makes 5. Not to mention he makes more of em all over Alola to summon UBs. I think that can be argued as him using U.W.'s more before using moves. "

None of those were used in combat. All were for traveling or summoning. This goes back to the reasoning that it's not a debate a if he ca use wormholes in combat, but if he will.

"though, if Necro ever got someone teleporting on his back he could also teleport away too, making it a teleport chase race. Or, he could release his light energy to attack Wisemon and everything else like how his light spread all over Ultra Space and other worlds before. "

He'd have to do so before the sealing process begins though.

"That Mid-Godly regen example actually wasnt for Necrozma. It was for speaking about the death hax in general and why it should be case by case really. As far as Necrozma goes its debatable on whether or not it'd kill him for good. "

I really see no reason to why this needs to be case-by-case seeing as it is a form of durability negation. It's more that unless shown or stated otherwise, Death Manipulation is a Durability Negating hax that instantly drains one's life force. Like I said, without feats, it doesn't help with godly regens.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
The NLF Death Hax stuff I was talking about was I had issues with people instantly assuming the level of death the hax actually induces would be enough to kill the target, without taking into account what level of "death" or destruction you need to put the target down for good. Like for example if your death hax could insta kill people with Mid-level regen, it shoulnt mean it can kill those who can come back from non-existence
We had a thread on this actually, although I'm thinking of making a new one since I disagree on basic Death Hax beating High regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back