• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Zackra1799 said:
Hmmm, I wouldn't say Dragon Ball, Fairy Tail, or Naruto are poorly written series. They are just more simplistic in nature. Honestly this is one of the biggest issues i have with the anime community as alot of people, esspecially ani-tubers, will say something is "bad" just because it's overused or simplistic in nature. The thing is being simplistic or overused shouldn't make something inately terrible, but rather inconsistancy's in charater developement and plot writing make a series bad.
I couldn't agree more with you.

This VS thread turned into a borderline Fairy Tail hate thread, so can we get back on track please? (P.S. Praise Nux Taku)

Real talk though, this shouldn't even be a contest. GER stomps because GER's speed is infinite, far faster than anything Natsu can react to (Natsu's best speed feat is only Relativistic) and his durability is ignored with Reset to Zero, so Natsu gets sent into a loop of infinite death and rebirth. Why is this thread even here? It's literally a stomp.

Welp, in my opinion Fairy Tail was never bad. The haters like hate mainly because FT is generic

But generic doesn't necessarily mean bad, I always found FT pretty enjoyable anime despite all this fanservice and nakama power ups

Fairy Tail isn't revolutionary, neither it is a story without flaws, but it's really enjoyable and the characters are likable.

It's funny, because I always enjoyed the more "generic" animes (FT, Naruto, Bleach) more than those more "complex" and "original" ones (Monogatari series, Madoka) with some exceptions of course (TTGL, Psycho Pass etc were really great)

I think this is why I was keeping up with Black Clover which later was greatly progressing, like the main character being not really like-able and later I was rooting for him like a fan rooting for favorite football team during finals

But I guess this is what makes discussing fun, we all got different opinion

It's bad to unironically call something "bad taste", really. It feels like not being able to accept someone else's opinion and be chill with it

I feel like generic's not the right word, these days everything can be boiled down to cliches. It's more about how the story presents those cliches that make it unique. I don't think TTGL is more complex or original than those three you named as generic.

Bedroombedrock said:
I think some would just call that bad taste
So not liking something "complex and mature" like Monogatari atomatically means everything you DO like is bad? Come on, guy, that's rude.

Yeah you described it better way than me

I meant this specific shounen cliche. TTGL definitely used some newer schemes (well, 24 eps series) and I could feel it's fresh while watching

I could change TTGL in this sentence to Gintama though (I don't want to mention I wanted to say Evangelion at first)

Ionliosite said:
Bedroombedrock said:
I think some would just call that bad taste
So not liking something "complex and mature" like Monogatari atomatically means everything you DO like is bad? Come on, guy, that's rude.
I think he was referring to guys who do this shit, not like he does it himself right there

I haven't seen Psycho Pass but I've heard great things so it's one of the anime I'm gonna be watching soon.

Great anime: Hunter x Hunter .. .... ...... But honestly though how did no one mention Hunter x Hunter??

I wrote a 7 paragraph 4am shoddy post explaining why Part 7 is dank but other opinions are fine as well.

But decided I don't want to reveal my power level so I'm just gonna post a jojoke. But then I spent like 5 minutes on google images and couldnt find a good one so uh...

Back