• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
FT declined in popularity almost 1 year later it got the most popular (when it was one of the most sold mangas in the year).

JoJo's has been popular since 2012 to the majority of the public thanks to the anime but has been a cult manga since the 80s.

When it comes to legacy, JoJo's lmaos on FT's face.

The Calaca said:
FT declined in popularity almost 1 year later it got the most popular (when it was one of the most sold mangas in the year).

JoJo's has been popular since 2012 to the majority of the public thanks to the anime but has been a cult manga since the 80s.

When it comes to legacy, JoJo's lmaos on FT's face.
I totally agree JoJo omegastomps FT in terms of legacy, specially if we take Japan into count, but on the west, FT is still more popular than JoJo. Wouldn't be surpised if JoJo surprassed it on a couple of years, tho, given FT ended like 2 years ago.

JoJo is already the most overloved franchise imo.

Like, I've had SO many encounters with guys that only talk about JoJo. It's so annoying.

DB, OP and Naruto don't even come close. I didn't see fans of these franchises in a while that would talk about it and if something was a reference ANY GIVEN TIME, upload videos that were uploaded thousands of times already on YT (just to let everyone know you're also an elitist watching it) and not let other people have their own opinion, only talking about their own favorite franchise being superior to absolutely everything else. This is what 3/4 of JoJo fanbase is like. Not to generalize, some dudes are alright.

Sorry, but if you seriously think JoJo can outdo the top 3 best selling manga OF ALL TIMES in terms in popularity, then I don't know what to say anymore.

Ionliosite said:
Sorry, but if you seriously think JoJo can outdo the top 3 best selling manga OF ALL TIMES in terms in popularity, then I don't know what to say anymore.
I didn't mean that it's more popular. I meant it's more "overloved". Too many people overrate JoJo's right now and put it above anything else like an idiot while discarding others opinion.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
And peoples here are 100% agree that Jojo is more popular than FT so give up the argument
I won't give up on correcting people claiming stuff like JoJo being more popular than FT when that's clearly not the case.

I didn't mean that it's more popular.

Then why did you mention that when we're talking about popularity...

SpookyShadow said:
I guess I started a new topic or something? Like, JoJo becoming with popularity far too overrated?
I mean, even when I'm a JoJo fan myself, I 100% agree the series is overrated as hell. Specially since the manga has been on constant downhill since 2000 (literally exactly that year).

Ionliosite said:
Veloxt1r0kore said:
And peoples here are 100% agree that Jojo is more popular than FT so give up the argument
I won't give up on correcting people claiming stuff like JoJo being more popular than FT when that's clearly not the case.
It is dumbass, like how even the f*** FT being popular than Jojo when the series itself have many flaws and poor written story?

I mean, even when I'm a JoJo fan myself, I 100% agree the series is overrated as hell. Specially since the manga has been on constant downhill since 2000 (literally exactly that year).

"Constant downhill since 2000"

Steel ball run:I'ma a joke to you?

It is dumbass, like how even the f*** FT being popular than Jojo when the series itself have many flaws and poor written story?

Mmmm, SAO is extremely popular and is filled with flaws and poor written. Dragon Ball is extremely popular and is filled with flaws and poor written. Naruto is extremely popular and is filled with flaws and poor written. Quality =/= popularity.

Steel Ball Run is bad.

@Ion

And is that a good thing? Is that a good thing that make the series popular? Of course not, become popular in bad way are a mistake

Veloxt1r0kore said:
@Ion

And is that a good thing? Is that a good thing that make the series popular? Of course not, become popular in bad way are a mistake
Why are you even saying this? It doesn't matter if it is popular because of it being bad, that still means it's popular. You have to understand that quality doesn't matter when it comes to popularity, if it did, many obscures series would be way more popular than those 3 best sellers I mentioned.

Steel Ball Run is bad.

I'm gonna count until 4 and you better delete this.

8c8f80a

Hmmm, I wouldn't say Dragon Ball, Fairy Tail, or Naruto are poorly written series. They are just more simplistic in nature. Honestly this is one of the biggest issues i have with the anime community as alot of people, esspecially ani-tubers, will say something is "bad" just because it's overused or simplistic in nature. The thing is being simplistic or overused shouldn't make something inately terrible, but rather inconsistancy's in charater developement and plot writing make a series bad.

Zackra1799 said:
Hmmm, I wouldn't say Dragon Ball, Fairy Tail, or Naruto are poorly written series. They are just more simplistic in nature. Honestly this is one of the biggest issues i have with the anime community as alot of people, esspecially ani-tubers, will say something is "bad" just because it's overused or simplistic in nature. The thing is being simplistic or overused shouldn't make something inately terrible, but rather inconsistancy's in charater developement and plot writing make a series bad.
praise nuxtaku

Back