• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His damage reduction involves deflecting the force of an attack with his sword, so if he directly hit, he is NOT reducing any damage. And no, that is not an unlikely event. Natsu has more range, is overall more maneuverable, so getting a hit in won't be that hard.

I'm keeping my vote for Natsu.

Is the adaptation you keep mentioning the shounen MC thing where they scale up exponentially in power/skill the longer they fight?
No, in both their cases it's actually their ability to register their opponent's fighting style and understand how it works as they fight (and in Asta's case, copying that fighting style)

His damage reduction involves deflecting the force of an attack with his sword, so if he directly hit, he is NOT reducing any damage. And no, that is not an unlikely event. Natsu has more range, is overall more maneuverable, so getting a hit in won't be that hard.

I feel like my skepticism is annoying you lol

How is Natsu's maneuverability going to counter Asta's maneuverability, precognition, insti... well... you already know the list of abilities I keep repeating.

I'm keeping my vote for Natsu.
C'mon, CHANGE IT!

I feel like my skepticism is annoying you lol

How is Natsu's maneuverability going to counter Asta's maneuverability, precognition, insti... well... you already know the list of abilities I keep repeating.
Asta doesn't have the same level of maneuverability that Natsu has by virtue of his lack of magic (Natsu can pull things like propelling himself with his flames)
C'mon, CHANGE IT!
No

Can you explain how exactly Asta's magic nullification works? I thought it just nullified active attacks his anti-magic encounters, but how long can he disable a person completely for and how?

And also, with ranged attacks like Fire Dragon's Roar and Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame, Asta's gonna have trouble
They're 10m away, Asta predicts Natsu will attack, and react accordingly.

by attacking before he fires due to Natsu's charge-up time for those moves, or by dodging or cutting through similar to Salamanda's situation in the witch's forest and Asta also has ranged Anti magic slashes with demon dweller to counter this and also counter his maneuverability with magic.

I doubt these attacks you mentioned will happen at a starting range of 10m though.

Manga takes precedence.

The issue was not resolved

Asta did not use Gauche's ineffective and incompatible magic to fight Salamanda and the mud monster

Asta used Anti magic

Manga takes precedence.

The issue was not resolved

Asta did not use Gauche's ineffective and incompatible magic to fight Salamanda and the mud monster

Asta used Anti magic
Manga yes manga takes first but anime can be taken a supporting evidence

Edit: So just stop using the argument that "AM slashes" it was already said by the supporters of this wiki it's getting irritating at this point since you're completely repeating stuff up and force stuff that isn't

Manga yes manga takes first but anime can be taken a supporting evidence
There is more than enough supporting evidence in the manga. The manga states Anti magic, The manga states Gauche's magic is utterly incompatible no matter how strong he gets and proceeds to say Asta's slash was effective, Salamanda who has seen Gauche's power does not recognize the slash as Gauche's power.

This is not the first time anime has done this shit. I'm just glad we have supporting calcs for country-level feat or some bozo would've nuked our first calc with this same argument... long and unrelated story

There is more than enough supporting evidence in the manga. The manga states Anti magic, The manga states Gauche's magic is utterly incompatible no matter how strong he gets and proceeds to say Asta's slash was effective, Salamanda who has seen Gauche's power does not recognize the slash as Gauche's power.

This is not the first time anime has done this shit. I'm just glad we have supporting calcs for country-level feat or some bozo would've nuked our first calc with this same argument
I'm not arguing with you anymore since the color is enough to tell what kind of slash it is just like when demon dweller took noelle's, gauche, yuno (used by Licht) already told what the slash is

I'm not arguing with you anymore since the color is enough to tell what kind of slash it is just like when demon dweller took noelle's, gauche, yuno (used by Licht) already told what the slash is
If you are willing to argue in the future you are going to have to show me Gauche pointing out Asta using his incompatible magic and not Antimagic.

Noelle is irrelevant to the discussion, it was actually called a water slash so you are wrong on that as well.

Yuno (used by Licht) doesn't say anything so you are wrong on that.

Listen, the sword's ability to utilize magic is clear, but it can also be infused and used to fire anti-magic slash attacks pre and post timeskip.

I'm open to rebuttals.

Whatever your wank says still unusable since if he can do it by himself why didn't he use it in other fight, and it was literally shown that he can't use it at will pre-timeskip and he only learned how to use it at will post-timeskip

ShOwN tHaT hE cAnT uSe It At WiLl.
The sword just glowed even asta doesn't know what happened there the second one is gauche is magic duplicating asta so you're just kinda wanking him at this point and you can even ask the other verse supporters that asta can't do it at will pre timeskip.

Edit: And also if he can use it at will he would've used in other occasion where it's useful the royal knight arc, witch forest arc where he can't get near to fana and others so yea you're just wanking him rn

Last edited:
bruh... he is a brawler, ready to throw hands. ESPECIALLY if you are close.

Out of character to just fly upwards especially when he has no idea how dangerous Asta is

and by the time he does, he will be unable to use magic.

OP is SBA.

He will still be able to use magic just nullified especially if you aim to asta, he sees asta using a sword he will step back out of his range when they go H2H after a few minutes. And there areas( don't know what's the right term) where asta can't nullify magic for example if natsu put fire magic in his elbow to make his punch stronger Asta needs to get to Natsu's elbow first to nullify it

He will still be able to use magic just nullified especially if you aim to asta, he sees asta using a sword he will step back out of his range when they go H2H after a few minutes. And there areas( don't know what's the right term) where asta can't nullify magic for example if natsu put fire magic in his elbow to make his punch stronger Asta needs to get to Natsu's elbow first to nullify it
This assumes that Asta will be on the defensive, regardless Asta will sense his ki, evade Natsu's attack and counter-attack by stabbing or striking Natsu which will definitely take him out of commission.

also what makes Natsu keep his distance from Asta? Does he fear swords?

This assumes that Asta will be on the defensive, regardless Asta will sense his ki, evade Natsu's attack and counter-attack by stabbing or striking Natsu which will definitely take him out of commission.

also what makes Natsu keep his distance from Asta? Does he fear swords?
Not that it's just he'll probably see it dangerous not because he knows AM but well since it's swords and i it just came in mind that most of in anime fights they step back after trading blows a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back