• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster352

He/Him
DF Natsu vs Asta 7b versions only

Speed equalized
SBA
10 Meters apart
5 for Asta
7 for Natsu

Last edited:
For reference, Natsu is 30.91 megatons while Asta is 8.83 megatons

While Natsu has a clear AP advantage here, Asta's Anti-Magic will help balance that out I think.
And Asta has rapid development and other abilities that help him improve and react so he should be fine

Yeah, Asta's Accelerated Development is honestly insane to the point where he could defeat Evil Eye Vetto (who scales to 26.5 gigatons) after a long period of fighting. Now, I don't think this fight will get to that point, but it's crazy to note

Yeah, Asta's Accelerated Development is honestly insane to the point where he could defeat Evil Eye Vetto (who scales to 26.5 gigatons) after a long period of fighting. Now, I don't think this fight will get to that point, but it's crazy to note
Yeah but how good is Natsu resistances against power nullification anti magic has worked on those with powernull resistance so it should work

Natsu is part demon right and demons are weak to antimagic but I wasn't able to successfully pass it so I'm sad rn

Asta probably negs those modes hehe.

Asta will last long in this match and overpower Natsu eventually.

Natsu is part demon right and demons are weak to antimagic but I wasn't able to successfully pass it so I'm sad rn

Asta probably negs those modes hehe.

Asta will last long in this match and overpower Natsu eventually.
So you vote for Asta then?

I'm leaning towards Asta too because of how bullshit Anti-magic is, Ki, and his funny adaptive thing. Natsu's only advantages are like, physical strength without his magic and the buff DF gives him, maybe? I mean, if Natsu uses his Fire Dragon Slayer punch, for example, the fire gets nullified but the force behind it would still hit right?

I'm leaning towards Asta too because of how bullshit Anti-magic is, Ki, and his funny adaptive thing. Natsu's only advantages are like, physical strength without his magic and the buff DF gives him, maybe? I mean, if Natsu uses his Fire Dragon Slayer punch, for example, the fire gets nullified but the force behind it would still hit right?
Yea that would happen the force will still remain

What's stopping Natsu from just Knocking the swords out of Asta's hands via his over 9000x LS advantage and then just pummeling Asta?

What's stopping Natsu from just Knocking the swords out of Asta's hands via his over 9000x LS advantage and then just pummeling Asta?
That'd require a clash between Natsu and Asta, and based on this, it seems like a collision between a fire-coated fist and Anti-Magic would shatter Natsu's fist (keep in mind, neither have prior knowledge on each other, so Natsu wouldn't know beforehand that Asta has Anti-Magic)

Plus Natsu would have a hard time tagging Asta. Asta has the advantage with predictions, instinctive reactions, and unpredictability.

But Asta is also a really head-on fighter(and so is Natsu) there's no way he'll focus on dodging Natsu's attacks if their both in character.

But Asta is also a really head-on fighter(and so is Natsu) there's no way he'll focus on dodging Natsu's attacks if their both in character.
True at the beginning of the series

After hearing Fuegoleon advice? He started using his head, he only puts himself in danger without thinking if is to save someone´s life if the situation is dire, in 1 vs 1, he is gonna play safe and form a plan

That'd require a clash between Natsu and Asta, and based on this, it seems like a collision between a fire-coated fist and Anti-Magic would shatter Natsu's fist (keep in mind, neither have prior knowledge on each other, so Natsu wouldn't know beforehand that Asta has Anti-Magic)
Natsu's danger sense works on things like anti magic attacks as shown in the Yuka fight, so natsu would know as soon as Asta took a swing at him that his fire won't work on Asta's swords. Natsu has a significant durability advantage here so I doubt that it would do much to Natsu's hand before I'd slip out of Asta's. Punching the blade itself isn't the only way to get rid of an opponents weapon. Even the simple action of knocking the blade away after blocking a hit, would more that likely just rip the sword from asta's grasp with that LS difference.

What ranged options does asta have at this point in the series besides throwing his swords, which would be an incredibly stupid thing to do against Natsu.

Natsu's danger sense works on things like anti magic attacks as shown in the Yuka fight, so natsu would know as soon as Asta took a swing at him that his fire won't work on Asta's swords
This is precog, right? Asta is resistant to predictions jsyk.

Didn't Asta use a ranged attack here?
In the manga, Asta did a ranged attack after talking with Gauche

In the anime, the energy of that attack is purple, like Gauche´s magic

So, because the manga is just black and white, the first time he use the ranged slash, the color was "Black" (Noelle water) but the second was "White" (Gauche´s purple beams), after the time skip, all his slashes are black because he is using antimagic, so no, he can´t use ranged slashes alone

In the manga, Asta did a ranged attack after talking with Gauche

In the anime, the energy of that attack is purple, like Gauche´s magic

So, because the manga is just black and white, the first time he use the ranged slash, the color was "Black" (Noelle water) but the second was "White" (Gauche´s purple beams)

Huh?? so why was it dubbed Anti magic slash. doesnt make sense.

What do you think? an error? cuz gauche magic wasnt even working at all so why would Asta opt for more of Gauche's magic to defeat the monster?

Nope, it's from his enhanced senses as he can tell if attacks are dangerous based on smell
That's what I meant by precognition. Asta cant be sensed due to assimilating Kiato's swordsmanship and dancing with pure athleticism

We need to stop associating the word precognition as something stronger than the word analytical predictions when they are the same thing here

That's what I meant by precognition. Asta cant be sensed due to assimilating Kiato's swordsmanship and dancing with pure athleticism

We need to stop associating the word precognition as something stronger than the word analytical predictions when they are the same thing here
resisting someone reading your movements via Ki sensing =/= resisting being smelled

one is analytical prediction, the other is enhanced senses

asta would need something like stealth mastery to counter Natsu's smelling abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back