• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse General Discussion Board 19

Huh. That doesn't really explain how you can have the prototype of a technique, but it doesn't really matter much.

I wonder if Mount Ebih should get a profile. At the very least it would be large mountain just be being one of the mightiest mountains regardless of its size. It would be good for scaling if nothing else, since we know higher end servants can contend with its wrath, even if it usually attacks indirectly

Iapitus The Impaler said:
You mean the cross bow? I think he lost that weakness when GoB was retconned into having everything invented by humanity
True Nine Lives is the prototype of the bow Herc used to kill the hydra, not the Noble Phantasm that was born from the feat itself.

But seriously, that's even more useless than the Ark. The only possible situation it would really be helpful is if you were allied with Assassin of Black and needed to activate Maria the Ripper or that sort of spicy shenanigans.

Not really. It'd be a blow to a servant's pride and self-esteem, not to mention combat efficiency if they suddenly swapped genders midfight.

I mean, imagine EMIYA defending against all your attacks and suddenly his arm gets held off-position by mama breasts.

It'll be good for gender-based attacks, at least. Or defending against stuff like Pokemon using Attract.

Yobo Blue said:
But seriously, that's even more useless than the Ark. The only possible situation it would really be helpful is if you were allied with Assassin of Black and needed to activate Maria the Ripper or that sort of spicy shenanigans.
I forget how prideful some servants are, tbh. Though any decent servant has enough skill to just fight normally, in all honesty.

So it's always said that a servant is "stronger than the humans of the moder era". Was there ever an era where humans were as strong as Servants? Did humanity just continually get weaker as time went on?

Because it seems like some servants like Mata Hari get buffed as a consequence of becoming a servant, while others like Gilgamesh and Karna have been nerfed by their servant status. And some like Hector and Medea who seem to be treated as though they were always this strong.

Something something Arturia mentioning that her being contracted to Rin made her comparable to herself back when she was alive.

It's not the same for everyone, but in general, humanity gets weaker with more mysteries being uncovered.

^

Also the servant container can only hold so much power which is why older heroic spirits that are more powerful say they are weaker as a servant

Ah interesting. In that case, I wonder what the point in history is where heroes were all comparable to their servant selves and started getting weaker from that point on. I'd assume the 5th and 6th centuries based on that statement.

Yeah. Certain servants have stuff that's pretty powerful despite their age, for various reasons, though usually they tend to be hax rather than AP. Tesla and Edison are good examples. Dumas and Andersen too.

So are figures from Classical Mythology weaker as a Servant than they were when they were alive?

Because that means Hector is just some normal dude that can probably tear apart the Himalayas on a backswing

Back