• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monarch Laciel said:
Her NP cuts through fate and misfortune though, it's not exactly a purely physical attack.
It is a physical attack though? Just because it attacks fate doesn't mean it can't hit people. It's still a magically enhanced physical attack. Her mats say nothing about only cutting fate.

Not necessarily. We are told that it cuts down fate, curses and misfortunes. Why would we still assume an attack like that does only physical damage?

HammerStrikes219 said:
I have played through Babylona and do recall that Tiamat wasn't a servant with high divinity until that moment happen. I might as well get the scans for this since it has been awhile since I got into the story of Babylonia. Will get the scans from FGO NA and then see if other people are willing to use FGO JP fan translations to ensure this is accurate or not.
You were half right btw. Romani does say that after Tiamat has the concept of death forced on her she goes back to a normal Servant's Spirit Origin.

Monarch Laciel said:
Not necessarily. We are told that it cuts down fate, curses and misfortunes. Why would we still assume an attack like that does only physical damage?
Because it's not specified at all to only do that? And that it has beaten Sasaki of Shimosa and cut off a physical trunk of the mammoth Ivan fused with? You have zero basis for such assumptions.

RegisNex1232 said:
Monarch Laciel said:
Because it's not specified at all to only do that? And that it has beaten Sasaki of Shimosa and cut off a physical trunk of the mammoth Ivan fused with? You have zero basis for such assumptions.
Right right. Exactly. It is exactly as you say. "It's not specified at all to only do that". It is not specified to only do physical damage. I'm glad you agree with me.

Didn't Ivan and Sasaki were mentioned to have their own individual abilities that act as a counter to Musashi's abilites though? In Sasaki's case, he pretty much can counter her IIRC due to his skills and abilities. Not sure about Ivan since Ramesses mentioned she did cut the mammoth's trunk apparently?

HammerStrikes219 said:
Didn't Ivan and Sasaki were mentioned to have their own individual abilities that act as a counter to Musashi's abilites though? In Sasaki's case, he pretty much can counter her IIRC due to his skills and abilities. Not sure about Ivan since Ramesses mentioned she did cut the mammoth's trunk apparently?
Sasaki is still dealing physical damage, since he wounds Musashi when she beats him. And the mammoth isn't exactly said to just be a concept.

With his np right? I do remember Sasaki having a np of his own IIRC.

Sasaki has a special technique but no NP. It's classified as one just for convenience. And the Sasaki (Saber) who fought Musashi in the Shimosa finale has no mats about him.

Oh yeah this one right?

"Tsuabame Gaeshi The ultimate sword technique that assaults the opponent from three directions "simultaneously". Strictly speaking, this is neither a Noble Phantasm nor a magical phenomenon. The nameless martial artist who materialised as "Kojiro" sought nothing but the pinnacle of swordsmanship during his life. He trained himself in pursuit of swordsmanship, and doing nothing but swing his sword. After a long period of time, his technique finally reached another state. A flash from this world, followed by two absolutely simultaneous, over-lapping flashes that disregard the concept of time and space, producing a slash attack that arrives from three different directions. This is the "Multidimensional Refraction Phenomenon—Kischua Zelretch" that transcends speed, dexterity, feint and many other elements. Although with some limitations, a nameless martial artist who knows naught of sorcery or True Magic is able to tread into the realm of the "Second Magic".
The range of this skill is approximately 3m. In order to deliver the first strike as a horizontal slash, Kojiro relinquished his high ground advantage over Artoria and moved to an equal level before unleashing this technique. You may discern how special a secret technique "Tsubame Gaeshi" is to Kojiro, who never assumes a stance, by observing how he lifts his sword and then swiftly launches the technique."

Btw if anyone plans to make profiles for characters in Fate/EXTELLA: Link, or just make assertions about it, I can help.

Do you mean Beasts IV and V?

I think that one of them could be Babylon's Harlot, which should have some relation to Nero. I went more in detail on this on a previous thread.

My knowledge on lores other than the Judeo-Christian one is fairly lacking.

Maybe something like Ammut, the Egyptian beats that get the souls of humans who have been evil when they were alive, or Typheus, the monster that Gaia created to take revenge upon the Gods of Olympus, who drowned Cronos and the other Titans. Oh, also maybe Apophis still from ancient Egyptian Mythology.

DMB 1 said:
My knowledge on lores other than the Judeo-Christian one is fairly lacking.

Maybe something like Ammut, the Egyptian beats that get the souls of humans who have been evil when they were alive, or Typheus, the monster that Gaia created to take revenge upon the Gods of Olympus, who drowned Cronos and the other Titans. Oh, also maybe Apophis still from ancient Egyptian Mythology.
VII will probably be what a SMT fan would consider a Tyrant class demon, so Lucifer/Satan, Ahriman, Apep, etc, etc

Nega-Genesis is a Conceptual Bounded Field that denies human evolution which causes Noble Phantasms created by human evolution to fail, so maybe Nega-Messiah also denies an aspect of humanity which causes some kind of effect.

The Messiah is supposed to be the Ultimate Saviour of Humanity. However, the way it would be interpreted by Fate is difficult to predict because the Messiah is presented a bit differently in Jewish Lore, the actual Jesus Christ and what the Messiah is described to be in the book of Revelation (which is essentially a mix of the previous two).

The Nega Messiah would have to do with the opposite of this, like a way to forever change humanity into worse, or outright bringing it to ruins, such as unleashing a buttload of demons in the world or something.

And I don't know, maybe evil Apostles or something.

DMB 1 said:
The Messiah is supposed to be the Ultimate Saviour of Humanity. However, the way it would be interpreted by Fate is difficult to predict because the Messiah is presented a bit differently in Jewish Lore, the actual Jesus Christ and what the Messiah is described to be in the book of Revelation (which is essentially a mix of the previous two).

The Nega Messiah would have to do with the opposite of this, like a way to forever change humanity into worse, or outright bringing it to ruins, such as unleashing a buttload of demons in the world or something.

And I don't know, maybe evil Apostles or something.
That reminds me, would Beast VI have Ten Crowns?

Interesting, though personally I don't really like the idea of every beast being a demon of the Ars Goetia.

I mean, Beast I was essentially supposed to embody all of them, and it would be more interesting if the individual demons where to be just bastardizations of already existing servants, like Astaroth for Ishtar, for example.

Yeah, after reading it it's not literally the Goetia, but more the Qliphoth's symbolism

Maybe it denies humanities ability to be save and redemed from their sins? Which might deny Heroic Spirits in their aptitude of being humans best, or something like that.

Wait, is beast VI the Red Dragon or the Beast of the Sea from revelations? I've heard a lot of contradictory info on that

The beast was described as having 7 heads, with a crown on each one (so 7 crowns) and 10 horns.

Though if they were to add some sort of Holy Trinity symbolism too, such as the actual woman riding the beats as well as two other beings having crowns of their own, you'd end up with ten.

DMB 1 said:
The beast was described as having 7 heads, with a crown on each one (so 7 crowns) and 10 horns.

Though if they were to add some sort of Holy Trinity symbolism too, such as the actual woman riding the beats as well as two other beings having crowns of their own, you'd end up with ten.
I know that, but BB has that skill named after it, so it's possible it may have a superior version

Though on the Trinity point, if they wanted to go that route they'd probably throw in the Beast of the Earth from revelations, which seems unlikely.

I don't think we can really rely on any theological or metaphorical interpretations IRl for Fate theories, considering how much the Nasuverse bends its own rules, let alone that of mythology and religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back