• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goetia didn't want to destroy Earth across the multiverse, but across all of the history of his own universe. He's Large Planet level at best.

his noble phantasm was supposed to erase all human history, which, according to nasuverse world building would imply erasure on a multiversal level.

At least, i see this train of thought as a possibility, since erasing all of human history would imply the quantum time locks, which are essentially what holds the multiverse timelines together, so it would actually remake the multiverse

@Embracetophats Yeah, except that he already erased human history, and the multiverse is still there.

Anyway, GO Materials 3 came out, and we got some pretty interesting stuff.

Beowulf:

His Berserk skill ignores mental interference, boosts melee damage, and lets him fight like an animal. His Instinct is the same as everyone else that has it, but he ignores it sometimes since he's a Berserker.

Hrunting always makes the best attack when swung, whatever that means. Naeling is destined to break in combat, but when it does, it will do massive damage to the enemy. Basically a Broken Phantasm, minus the giant explosion. Grendel Buster lets him recall his strength in life and pummel things head on. Since he's using the most primitive form of weaponry (his own limbs) that has not changed since the start, NPs and skills that let you grasp and perceive attacks after seeing them once are cancelled out.

Arjuna:

His bow, Agni Gandiva, has tracking arrows. When he calls its name as an NP, it sets his arrows on fire. Pashupata's effect is to instakill everything that fails a luck check. The higher the target's divinity, the higher the chance of dying. Anti-heroes have a better chance of surviving.

Medb:

Has 4 NPs in total. Chariot My Love, My Red Mead, Conchobar My Love and Fergus My Love. Conchobar My Love lets her use Conchobar's Clairvoyance and Fergus My Love lets her use Fergus's Caladbolg. Can't find anything on Red Mead. Chariot My Love is the same as before. I know she will probably never get a page due to how Chariot My Love works, but i like her so i'm putting this here.

Rama:

His second NP, Martial Blessings, is his armory. It lets him use his spear and bow even as a Saber.

MHX:

Her Riding EX lets her ride pretty much anything, and displays improved performance when steering her spaceship. To the point where she can make it warp, even though it doesn't have a warp function installed. She also has Presence Concealment EX, but she keeps denying the fact that she is an Assassin and insists she is a Saber instead, so it's currently sealed away.

Dantes:

Has a new NP: Attendre, Esperer (Wait, and Hope in French, IIRC.) It activates when he's near death, heals him completely, and gives him a temporary boost in all parameters.

Wisdom of the Entrapped (listed as Wisdom of Predicament here) calls luck in a dangerous situation, derived from Faria's teachings and his own intelligence. Combined with his class, it lets him use the Item Creation skill.

Determination of Steel lets him completely ignore pain and endure superhuman speeds.

Monte Cristo Mythology lets him use mana as a poisonous flame, gives poison immunity, reduces mental interference. It's active effect lets him release pent up grudges in an area and make enemies attack each other.

So we have canon effects for Dantes's skills, we can stop using gameplay now.

This is all from Beast's Lair, btw.

I was looking at FGO's profiles, shouldn't Caesar's NP and powers be updated with the description from GO Materials too? Crocea Mors is not plot manipulation, it grants free automatic hits as long as Caesar keeps succeeding Luck checks.

@LazyHunter

I'll definitely update that, but the initial official statement, that Caesar's victory is assured the moment he sees his enemy, is still there. So I'm not sure if I should remove it.

I believe that the victory thing is passive, while the activation effect is the Luck check thing you mentioned.

Yeah. There a few misconceptions (someone saying that it's one of Dante's first skill, another saying that it's his second Np).

Better wait a few days for a "correct" translation.

Pashupata will send you to Nirvana
(literally instant kill like Buddha's NP) if you fail the chance check. The higher Divinity you have, the higher chance you will die. It has low chance vs Anti-Heroes

Neat.

@Reppuzan

TBH, the original description sounds simply like a statement intended to hype up the sword's power, like calling someone "invincible" or "peerless"; while the actual mechanics of the NP are those described in GO Materials. I don't see why it would have a stronger passive effect that its active, and it would also render Caesar's reluctance to use the NP irrelevant. The GO Materials mechanics also fits the NP animation better.

That's just my opinion as someone who doesn't follow GO much other than checking new servants every now and then. I could be wrong, so leave it in the profile if you think it's better that way.

I've made the changes to Arjuna's and Dante's profiles.

@Kamiyasha

What's your opinion on Caesar's Crocea Mors?

NotEvenHuman said:
Complete ressurection is supposed to be beyond even True Magic, right? I'd imagine that makes Primate Murder really freaking strong, though i'm definitely not the best person to ask about that.
Wasn't this only possible since they're still in Solomon's castle ? I think its normally impossible to do this kind of thing in other circumstances

@Fabtastic

According to the Type-Moon Wiki, you're right. Solomon's second Noble Phantasm, Ars Paulina, is a Reality Marble that creates a space out of time where "death doesn't count" the way it does in reality, thus making it possible for people to be revived with enough magical energy.

In other news, does anyone have any feats for Merlin and Paracelsus? I plan on making profiles for the both of them.

Paracelsus has a few feats on Fate/Prototype Blue fragments, etc.

About Merlin...the only thing i can think of, is about him dragging out Tiamat to the underworld (with help of Ishtar, her sister & Co.)

@Kamiyasha

I know that Paracelsus briefly matched Excalibur while trying to analyze it with his Azoth Sword, but he got blown away in the end for obvious reasons. He also blew away Manaka's atacks despite the fact that she was connected to the Root and more powerful than Magi from the Age of Gods. Would that place him around Medea's level with Magecraft?

The lack of feats for Merlin is kind of disappointing. Not to mention the fact that we don't know what any of his new skills do or the full effects of his NP aside from recreating the Garden of Avalon. Is it a Reality Marble?

@Matt

Yeah, a Tsukihime anime. Because that's never been done before...

cries over the last bad Adaptation

Reppuzan said:
cries over the last bad Adaptation
What do you mean bad adaptation? Carnival Phantasm's Tsukihime scenes were great.

Now, if only it was given a proper anime instead of a spinoff-ish parody.

You guys need to stop talking of made up things.

This is the only Tsukihime anime we have, and it's a parody being shared with Fate.

Carnival phantasm3

First Order was rather disappointing.

There was brown-haired useless Shirou.

Blonde-dead Tohsaka.

Shield Waifu.

Brocaster.

Everybody else.

Nothing notable really imo.

Do you think we should take Caster Cu's feats in First Order at face value? If not, should we at least take his usage of a Gate of Skye replica and Wicker Man into account when making his profile?

Wicker Man can be used, since it's the NP he uses in GO. Dunno about Gate of Skye.

With that said, First Order was pretty bad. I wasn't expecting much and was still disappointed. The fights were too short, Mashu was almost useless against Servants, Cu won every fight with barely any difficulty, the Excalibur Morgan beam was way too freaking small, Saber was the only Servant to say anything when she was defeated, Olga was way too nice to Ritsuka, who was useless for the most part, Lord Chaldeas was lazy as hell and also inaccurate to the game, they didn't even bother to use the Grand Battle music, Mashu was portrayed as an useless Servant with no offensive power and a average defense at best, etc.

At least the animation was good, i guess. And Olga's death scene was pretty damn good, though it would have been better if Mashu actually tried to do something there instead of just watching. The voice acting was good. And seeing an adult Lancer Medusa was nice.

6/10 at the absolute best, imo.

Oh, btw, here's the Last Encore PV. Looks like they're using Female Hakuno.

@KamiYasha

Alright. I was thinking of talking about it under his Rune Magic skill:

"In First Order, Caster displayed numerous applications of Rune Magic that went far beyond his Lancer counterpart. He repeatedly fired off bursts of flame nearly instantaneously with continual use of the Ansuz rune and generated pillars of flame powerful enough to defeat a Lancer version of Medusa with a single use. In addition, during his fight with Archer, he cast runes in the air to generate a "ripped off" version of Scathach's spell that opened a Gate to the Underworld, allowing him to completely nullify Caladbolg II and slam Archer into the ground to deny him the high ground."

Sound great; As always you are you are pretty good with this.

No need to ask me, you have the right knowledge to consider if it's alright or not. I know you can do it.

Btw...i just read the translation for one of Musashi personals skills

Musashi possesses a distinct Mystic Eye ability known as the Empyrean Eye (Õñ®þ£╝, Tengan) (Rank A), which permits the resolution of a desired result as "inevitable," by way of committing the entirety of the user's existence to the act of achieving the outcome. In practice, Musashi's application of the Empyrean Eye generally defines that "such and such location should be cut"; for example, seeking that "the opponent's right arm should be sliced off" effects, of the set of all possible methods and means, the most efficient path toward this particular outcome -- "without waste, a single slice that inevitably falls" (『þäíÚºäÒü«Òü¬ÒüäÒÇüµÖéÚûôÒü¿þ®║ÚûôÒéÆÒü¡Òüÿõ╝ÅÒüøÒéïõ©ÇÕêÇ』, lit. "Without waste, a single slice that pins down time and space"; that is, the ability defines that a particular movement through a particular space at a particular time is the only permissible outcome). To rephrase, this is an ability that focuses "the means to an end" to "a single solution"; an ability that effects the restriction of all possible futures to a "single outcome."

ugh...I feel as if I lost a couple of neurons.

Musashi too OP. Plz Nerf.

Spatial Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, and possibly low-scale Reality Warping and Future Manipulation.

Ah jeez...

Gemmysaur said:
She seems familiar. Seems she took after the MC and learned the way of the sword then.

4793392 640px
LOL. It's been awhile since I've seen Princess Lover, I think the last I saw of it was in the hentai OVA with Sylvia XD

Ohh, that's bad. Let's not talk about the OVA.

But yeah, it's an old show, but Musashi seriously looks like her right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back