• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
KamiYasha said:
@Sage God Slayer How long have you been playing?
A while now(Around a month or two after it was released but gave up the game for a long time after I lost my previous account), I had two accounts prior to my current one but sadly I lost them :'(

I meant to bring this up earlier, but what should we do about true Solomon? Should we make a separate profile or just have a separate tab?

He's unlikely to get a profile now, unless we get some alt-version of him as he was removed from the Throne of Heroes at the end of FGO, making it impossible to summon him again. So unless we get a flashback arc to the Grail War he participated in, no point in making a profile since there's no real stats to judge him by.

Oh man the last 2 weeks have been crazy, a new fate/GO OVA, a new trailer for the last enocre fate/extra series AND annoucnement for the fate/apocrypha anime.

2017 is going to be great for fate fans it seems.

Grand Caster profile should be "changed" to Goetia with a key while possesing Solomon's body, and Solomon can have a profile different skills and 2 more NPs.

The stats shouldn't change so much. Hard to tell if he is above Tiamat.

That reminds me, should we scale up Goetia to Tiamat as a fellow Beast?

Also, how should we rate Solomon as plain old regular Caster?

@The Living Tribunal1

Solomon ca be summoned as Grand Caster, but the Solomon shown in Fate/Grand Order is Goetia possessing his Servant body.

The actual Solomon in terms of his personality is Doctor Roman, after he wished to become a normal human.

One last thing, should we still post Solomon's Grand Caster skills like Revelation and Clairvoyance on his profile? Since he should still have them, they're just not displayed on his stat screen.

oh, btw if they make a grand saber, and a grand archer, who do u think it will be?

i feel like since nsau likes karna, he cud end up as an archer later on, and potentially as a grand archer

is that possible?

@The Living Tribunal1

Grand Servants are usually the oldest (meaning most powerful) or most exemplary heroes in each class.

Solomon can be summoned as Grand Caster due to possessing the ability to see through the world due to his superior clairvoyance along with his superior magic ability. However, he is not the only hero who can be summoned as Grand Caster. Merlin and Gilgamesh both possess similar Clairvoyance and magical prowess due to their legend and age respectively, and thus are candidates for Grand Caster.

Azazel/King Hassan is Grand Assassin for inventing the term "Assassin" for founding the Hashashin cult and for his superior ability to kill things.

We don't know the requirements for the other classes, but only later installments will tell.

@The Living Tribunal1

Not necessarily, but being ancient helps. For example, Solomon was born around 1000 BC, over two and a half millenia after Gilgamesh. On the other hand, Merlin is even more recent, having been born in the Middle Ages. Capability and the value of one's legend is more important. Solomon and Merlin have this in spades due to their heritage, the former's rings, and the latter's incubus heritage.

But yes, there seems to be additional factors depending on each class.

@The Living Tribunal1

Yes and no. She's a facet of the sun goddess Amaterasu, who is the deification of the sun. However, since she was brought down to a mortal level, she's not nearly as powerful as the original. Even if she were to regain her eight other tails, she still wouldn't be Amaterasu, who still exists.

That reminds me, Quetzalcoatl is also the deification of the sun, isn't he/she?

but tamamo is more prominent in the series, so is it possible for it to be revealed that karna is the son of tamamo/amaterasu?

@The Living Tribunal1

No. All of the mythologies are separate and numerous deifications of the Sun can exist at once. The Sun God Surya is explicitly independent from the goddess Amaterasu as well as the Sun God Amun-Ra (despite Ozymandias' assertions to the contrary). If this were the case, it would have been revealed when Tamamo fought Karna in her route in CCC.

i just thought it would be cool if they were shown to be related

also, isnt a new fate work out called fate/extella? what if the parent-offspring relation is relevaed in that game?

@The Living Tribunal1

Fate/Extella is an indirect sequel to Fate/Extra and Fate/Extra CCC, so I sort of doubt it.

Regardless, all of the Pharoahs believe themselves to be the incarnations of Amun-Ra. As a result, Ozymandias treats Tamamo as a sister despite her own dislike for him.

Pretty much what others have said, and it also goes against info given in the Servant profiles, like Karna's A Rank Divinity coming from being the son of Surya and eventually becoming one with him (aka becoming a god) and his skill of having resistances against other Sun-God related Servants like Tamamo and Ozy.

Fave servants....

Assassin: King Hassa if i have to say.

Saber: Gotta go with Arthur here. May change later to someone else but she comes to mind the most if anything.

Archer: Arjuna

Berserker: Gotta go with Heracles here. Pretty cool and strong character, along with a tough sword. But he is kind of hard to debate when talking about his NP.

Caster: Xuanzang ^^ But the Caster ver of Cu Chulain and Solomo are very good choices.

Lancer: Either Scathach bae or Karna. The Lancer class is pretty interesting to me, actually. Since i have also Diarmud(?) and Cu Chalain(?) as well as the Lancer ver of Artur.

Rider: Iskander or Medusa.

Cross already has my choices except Musashi, Lancelot and Arturia are tied for my Saber and my Lancer is Scathach :3 and Arturia is a close second while my rider is between Iskander, Drake or Medusa. Berserker for me is either Lancelot, Cu Alter, Nightingale or Raikou.

As for me, my list is:

Assassin: King hassan (ofc)

Saber: Arturia, but that might be replaced by Mordred

Archer: Either Arjuna or Gilgamesh, but if karna gets revealed as an archer, then he will be the fav for sure

Lancer: Karna (but if his class gets shifted to archer class, then Scathach)

Berserker: Heracles as of now

Caster: Solomon or Media (lily version)

Rider: Ozymandias

As for my hopes: I hope cyrus gets introduced at some point, and is introduced as a rider class servant.

@The Living Tribunal

Well, we haven't see Karna in the Archer class, but he's already been stated to qualify for it. In that case, he'd be spamming Brahmastra due to the fact that it takes the form of a bow rather than his stare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back