• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 16

@Dragon

It's mainly because they were named after the respective Type-Moon wiki pages.

@Qliphoth

It'd probably be easier just to create redirects.

@Ram

I can, but she's named "Arturia" on her page. If we're going to change the redirect, we'd have to change the name on the profile.

I'm neutral either way.

@Ram

I never had a problem with either spell, since Artoria is the Roman spelling based on Artorius while Arturia is closer to the modern English "Arthur".

I'll start renaming profiles in any case.

@Rep: Can you rename Rider Toki's page name to like that of his Zerker self? It's kinda weird when you have both the same characters that have their name placements reversed (One having it as "Kintoki Sakata" and the other as "Sakata Kintoki").

Either that or do Zerker Toki's and switch to over like his Rider self.

Doesn't buddhism not have any gods? Or at least, they're not supposed to be treated like gods?

So how is Amaterasu, a goddess who can potentially be a beast, the same as the primordial buddha Vaicorana?

Baloshua said:
Doesn't buddhism not have any gods? Or at least, they're not supposed to be treated like gods?
So how is Amaterasu, a goddess who can potentially be a beast, the same as the primordial buddha Vaicorana?
If you read the other thread the was linked by LuminositeEternelle, waifuhunter said that Golden Fox is an Alter-Ego of Amaterasu. Golden Fox is Aramitama, then Amaterasu is Nigi Mitama.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder...ne_seems_to_love_tamamonomae_how_can/eco49lq/

Baloshua said:

Syncretism. Mizu explains a bit about Gods in Buddhism in post along with John's link. If you want more info you can probably find it on BL.

Is that so? See I was wondering how Nasu and DW were going to top something they'll have in Part 2 from this supposed "Part 3" Ever's been telling me about from time to time.

Based on what we've talked and what TV Tropes and all places say, I'd prefer if it does end at Part 2 if only from a story power level perspective. Edit: Well that and ofc again, not sure how FGO will top what kind of BS it was thrown at with the Alien God and Lostbelts thing it's having once all of this is resolved later next year or something.

DK how the game will progress if this is the case though? Probably do reruns or something or certain events?

I got to that part and knowing how Undertale ended, I can see and understand where he wants FGO to lead to. Especially wanting to have it memorable enough down the line.

And nice. I like creators who go into BtS stuff like that. Makes it interesting for what they do when making new Servants and you get to know what they do and plan out throughout the drawing table.

@QB I was also thinking about that a few days ago. Now I'm just hoping for some EoR like things once FGO part 2 ends.

Ending FGO at part 2 is probably for the best though if Nasu had already planned out this ending a long time ago, as I don't want the story to be ruined by trying to go far beyond the original ending. Trying to one up part 2 in power levels and scale is probably super difficult without going beyond the setting and how Nasu's world works.

They will probably do reruns and maybe new events. Might do some EoR like stories but we don't know.

@Ram: Something like an EoR Part 2 storyline/event might be okay but I think that would be the limit. If the fact Nasu never intends to go past Part 2 once it ends as he plans, obviously I can't really argue with that. Fact he says half of his workload consists of FGO probably tells you how busy he got with it that he didn't get to do the other half as much as he'd like.

Even without power level talk, the story would probably get ruined or something. IDK what or how it would but it's something that can happen once you drag out a particular installment after a long time (unless it's like Final Fantasy or I guess Mario, then you're cool).

New events and reruns are what I assume will happen for Post Part 2.

He might try to finish the Tsuikihime remake after he's done with FGO, that's one likely start.

Though I wouldn't mind if FGO does continue with more content or something. Looking at the comments there, it would ruin FGO seeing as its one of the most popular and successful app games there or at least pretty high up somewhere.

I'm down for whatever happens to FGO if it continues or not. Just a matter of how it's done and where FGO heads over is the question.

@QB Yeah I agree. He might be busy with it but he does care a lot and the way he talks about the ending makes it seem like it's probably something he put all his effort into making.

I'm afraid the writers would get burnt out by being forced to continue writing which could lead to them ruining the story. Though I would be fine if they decide to continue a bit more after part 2 in events or EoR like things in case they want to write more stuff for FGO.

New events and reruns are very likely. Might even get a Tsukihime event if Nasu finishes the remake in time.

Yup. And yeah sadly if they can't make anymore new content it'll probably get dryed out is my concern that I didn't want to voice out on. A Part 2 ver of EoR will be cool for post Part 2, just for one last adventure to tidy up any loose ends or how the saying goes.

@Ram: Any bets on the Grand Servants and Beasts concepts thing coming around again? Last time that was brought up, in-game I mean, Kiara was released like over a year ago for the Se.Ra.PH event.

DW was looking for another director for part 3 a few months ago. Maybe FGO will continue... Don't know how to feel about Nasu not being directly involved with part 3 if they continue...

@QB Concepts thing?

Right.

I kinda like the Grand Servants showing up and I'm kinda bummed we only get the Grand Casters and Assassin for it.

Beasts, I'm down for more appearing just like the Grands.

I hope we get more before the end of FGO. Maybe we will get another 2 or 3 and then get one during one of the current running fate stories like strange fake

Oh right. They don't have to be in FGO alone, just in other installments of Fate.

I just don't like it to go to waste or something when we haven't gotten more than two for Grands and the other half for the Beasts (I say half cuz of how Beast 3 is treated, which means we still have the other Beast 3 as well as 5, 6, and 7 left).

Back