• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto's lightspeed statements and their consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DarkDragonMedeus Agreed.What i'm refuting currently is lightspeed lariat.

Maybe there's some other way to calc lariats speed,rather than relying on a statement from a dubious source.Said statement would mess with scaling,it's also contradictory for it's place in the story.

Rocker1189 said:
I dont give 2 ***** about Ichigo's travel speed, I just dont want the person who approves one to pretend like he has an issue when it comes with another verse. In other words IMade should not be a hypocrite, I just woke up so might be a bit cranky with how I say it.
In more respectful terms, this. Just want to point this out too and then going back to watching.

If another verse is treated differently for having the exactly same standard as another verse, and the latter suddenly isnt accepted, then the former should be called out to not make this a double-standard.

I don't know about the rest but since the samurai's one isn't translated as beam of light but instead flash that one is a no go.

Gogogozoom7 said:

Maybe there's some other way to calc lariats speed,rather than relying on a statement from a dubious source.Said statement would mess with scaling,it's also contradictory for it's place in the story.
Why are Databooks "dubious"? They're Canon, no matter you look down on them. It's not the databook's fault you can't tell which ones to consider a hyperbole.

Gogogozoom7 said:
There is mess up, it is not contradictory in anyway, when characters that fight them have already reacted to light based attacks. It is a databook and is not a hype text statement.

Aernasilver said:
I don't know about the rest but since the samurai's one isn't translated as beam of light but instead flash that one is a no go.
But thid is not the point. The attack have a lightspeed statement. I don't even know why this beam of light/Issen still here as an argument

Admittedly,scaling would probably be fine.

Nonetheless,what about it's placement in the story.What about Sasuke's Kirin?It's a single statement about a Jutsu being lightspeed,among several other much lower feats.

Aernasilver said:
The samurai one has a direct statement sying that it moves at the speed of light. As I showed in translations above.

Rocker1189 said:
Gogogozoom7 said:
There is mess up, it is not contradictory in anyway, when characters that fight them have already reacted to light based attacks. It is a databook and is not a hype text statement.
"already reacted to light based attacks".The key words here are light-based-attacks.Not explicitly light-speed-attacks.

Gogogozoom7 said:
"already reacted to light based attacks".The key words here are light-based-attacks.Not explicitly light-speed-attacks.
Let me rephrase then, already reacted to light speed attacks, if you are going to nitpick me.

Gogogozoom7 said:
Admittedly,scaling would probably be fine.
Nonetheless,what about it's placement in the story.What about Sasuke's Kirin?It's a single statement about a Jutsu being lightspeed,among several other much lower feats.
what about it ssplacement, it comes up late.

Kirin is a huge sized jutsu too not just about its speed. even if you can dodge couple meters at light aseed it woudl still hit you.

@Rocker1189

I did not intend to nitpick you,but the "light-based-attacks" statement still stands.

"what about placement",it comes a few arcs before the Fourth Great Ninja War,and even then,no lightspeed feats were explicitly shown.Minus the light fang,but that's a different story.

"Also there are no light speed feats before Kirin I believe",LS Haku is a bit of a popular one.Aside from that,you're correct.

Eeeh, scaling stuff is for the next thread. This thread porpuse was to talk about feats legitimacy

Gogogozoom7 said:
I'd appreciate it if you'd explain that.
gladly, Kirin comes much before the LS feats and before characters get massive boosts to both their speed and power, sasuke being a main example. And Itachi being massively ill and having his leg injured before Kirin wa used.

@Rocker1189

Kirin comes one arc before the use of lariat,which is supposedly light speed.Quite a massive jump.And the only supposedly lightspeed "feat" for some time.The massive boosts of power occurs about four arcs after the use of Kirin.The characters feats displayed at this point don't approach lightspeed.Some time later,we get Madara's Light Fang,which is indeed light speed in a straight line.

I'm unsure what point you're attempting to make with Itachi,if you're agreeing that he was massively ill when he reacted to the Kirin,you'd be right.

Gogogozoom7 said:
@Rocker1189
Kirin comes one arc before the use of lariat,which is supposedly light speed.Quite a massive jump.And the only supposedly lightspeed "feat" for some time.The massive boosts of power occurs about four arcs after the use of Kirin.The characters feats displayed at this point don't approach lightspeed.Some time later,we get Madara's Light Fang,which is indeed light speed in a straight line.

I'm unsure what point you're attempting to make with Itachi,if you're agreeing that he was massively ill when he reacted to the Kirin,you'd be right.
In that arc sasuke acquired his MS that is a massive boost in power expecially in reaction time. That is my main point.

The Light fang which Naruto had no issue dodging at near point blank range.

My point is that even Itachi got a massive boost in power due to the fact that he was not ill anymore.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Nah, this is false in regards to the Raikage. Lariat is literally holding their arm out and running in a straight line.

It's travel speed and the databook says it's light speed.

If he's supposedly light speed according to the databook then why did he need Mabui's light speed teleportation?

You see, it doesn't make sense and it's contradictory. All these supposed light speed statements from the databook only and none remaining consistent with the manga and it's events and feats.
Also i've been staying neutral on this topic for now, correcting a few misconceptions at most but i really hope this isn't a serious argument you are making right now

In that case i suppose it's time to downgrade DB characters since their attacks are mainly just holding their arms out and running/flying forward? Lariat is an attack, it's very different from travelling to places unless you're suggesting Ay uses lariat to travel around and breaks everything in his way

@TataHakai,thanks for the clear up.Would near lightspeed mean Rel or Sub-Rel?

@Rocker1189,my general point is no feat at or near that time is near-light speed.It's an outlier among the other feats,even compared to some later feats,which is why i'm against using the statement of it being near lightspeed.

Let's leave the light fang for other threads.

Yes,Itachi did get a boost in power due to not being sick anymore.

It should be Rel, near should be at least 51% as you're not near something until you're over halfway towards it.

I think we did the same thing for OPM with their Near lightspeed statement from Murata.

The only supporting feat that OPM has i'm aware of is Saitama's moon jump which is Sub-Rel to Sub-rel+ i think

But i think they're about to get an upgrade to FTL due to Flashy flash's databook statement.

Then going off of the same standards,that would make the Lariat baseline Relativistic as well.To be specific on my stance,this is the only feat among the OP's listed that i'm agreeing towards.

JohnHendrix212 said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
OPM was only accepted at baseline Relativistic.
Having "At least" would be above baseline, no?
To an unknown degree, it still counts as baseline in that case.

Also At this point i'm inclined to agree with baseline Relativistic lariat too. I'm not sure about the rest though, also Mabui moving stuff at LS is fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back