• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto's Planet size update

This is a tried to change the planet of Naruto Verse

SPEED

In Naruto Verse we accept the distance the Konohagakure to Sunagakure with the time limit of 3 days and the Horse speed (48.28 km/h) to the calc

But later of fight with Itachi they have a break but in the same instant they continue almost later of 3 days they have an hour or more of rest

(Akatsuki can go without eating or sleeping for 6 days)

And we have two Novel that says that the ninjas are faster than the horse

TIME​

In Retsuden there are many mention of the distance, the first is in Naruto Retsuden where Sasuke and Sakura arrived in 30 days, In Kakashi Retsuden him arrived in 20 days this last have sense beacuse when the ninjas run in a hurry reduce de distance (in the distance Konoha to Suna have 2.5 days) for this motive the time limit have three (including Myoboku)

720 hours (30 days)
690 hours (with a hour of rest)
600 hours (with 4 hours of rest)

DISTANCE​

720*48.28= 34,761.6 km

690*48.28= 33,313.2 km

600*48.28= 28,968 km

THE PLANET ISN'T THE EARTH​

There are two mentions that explain the world is the Earth but it's contradicted by looking at Naruto's map and it is clearly not Earth and that Kishimoto said that his world is'nt similar to the real world

Even the Planet wasn't a Moon until Hagoromo and Hamura created it

Also the planet as a whole being larger than expected is further implied by Momoshiki and Kinshiki, who talk about how the planet's space curvature is significantly greater than usual for a planet.

Finally, we accept that the nunoboko sword recreated the surface of the earth after the battle against Kaguya

In the fiction, a planet can be called the Earth without it necessarily being the same.

(I don't know if this helping but the mountains in Naruto are more big than a kilometer but in the real world are less than a kilometer)

THE MOON​

In Naruto the theory of the moon will be destroyed by the earth's gravity but in this have it has its own gravity that prevents the atmosphere from escaping, allowing the ninjas to fly and breathe.

This article says that for a celestial body to have a gravity that prevents the atmosphere from escaping.

The moon in the real world have a mass of 1.2 percent of the Earth. Even taking into account that the databook says that the Earth's density is still lower for the required level (2.026 percent)

Because the Naruto's Moon is bigger than our but I don't know if exist a scan that show size comparison. At the moment I use this

END​

This is all information that I can get because I always considerate that the planet is bigger and with new distances I also want to know if the gravity can be changed

Last edited:

THE PLANET ISN'T THE EARTH​

There are two mentions that explain the world is the Earth but it's contradicted by looking at Naruto's map and it is clearly not Earth and that Kishimoto said that his world is'nt similar to the real world
Don't know if it's just me but that kishimoto link ain't working

Also the planet as a whole being larger than expected is further implied by Momoshiki and Kinshiki, who talk about how the planet's space curvature is significantly greater than usual for a planet.

Finally, we accept that the nunoboko sword recreated the surface of the earth after the battle against Kaguya

In the fiction, a planet can be called the Earth without it necessarily being the same.
I don't know why you felt the need to say all this to try to explain that a name is not equivalent to size, this wiki is well aware that a name doesn't limit it's size.
(I don't know if this helping but the mountains in Naruto are more big than a kilometer but in the real world are less than a kilometer)
It doesn't Everent mountain is almost 9km, the entire top 10 mountains in our world is over 8km

Soooo if I'm understanding this right the earth should be bigger and moon should be denser than our real life equivalents?

We all already know this. A fictional world doesn't have to be literally Earth to be assumed to have Earth-like qualities as the default.

There is no indication that this is caused by or related to the size of the planet.

Not sure what relevance this has.

The tallest mountains on Earth can exceed 8 kilometers in ehight, so I don't know where you're getting that mountains in the real world are less than a kilometer.

TIME
In Retsuden there are many mention of the distance, the first is in Naruto Retsuden where Sasuke and Sakura arrived in 30 days, In Kakashi Retsuden him arrived in 20 days this last have sense beacuse when the ninjas run in a hurry reduce de distance (in the distance Konoha to Suna have 2.5 days) for this motive the time limit have three (including Myoboku)

720 hours (30 days)
690 hours (with a hour of rest)
600 hours (with 4 hours of rest)

DISTANCE​

720*48.28= 34,761.6 km

690*48.28= 33,313.2 km

600*48.28= 28,968 km
The circumference of the Earth IRL is 40,075 km. None of the figures here exceed that.

That's just the distance between 2 places so it could potentially be used to calc the planets actual size if we have a good map (idk if we do, I'm just spitballing ideas)
And that's great except for the fact that we have no ideia of the actual location of Redaku on the maps, only know Redaku is west of fire country and that is significantly harder than to get to Sand village.

Well we can still make estimations ig
If Redaku was at the very opposite side of earth then earth would have a circumference of 28,968 km * 2 = 57936 km, which is almost 50% bigger than our earth. That's a lowball assuming we can't get anything closer than the other half of planet.

Idk how much would that change the currently accepted calculations, but it sounds like it would be pretty big (assuming I'm not completely misunderstanding everything lmao)

It's still very generously assuming a travel in a completely straight line with only 4 hours of rest per day.

I don't think it's worth changing the size of the Naruto planet over this.

It's still very generously assuming a travel in a completely straight line with only 4 hours of rest per day.

I don't think it's worth changing the size of the Naruto planet over this.
I wouldn't really say it's all that generous. A straight line is the fastest way to get from place A to place B and we know people like Hashirama can fight for a day nonstop while Akatsuki members can seal away people for 3 days straight. Simple running shouldn't be that difficult.

I don’t think this alone is necessarily enough to upgrade the planet size but it definitely has potential

Screenshot_20240314-172313_Chrome.jpg

wait a minute, what's happening..

If Redaku was at the very opposite side of earth then earth would have a circumference of 28,968 km * 2 = 57936 km, which is almost 50% bigger than our earth. That's a lowball assuming we can't get anything closer than the other half of planet.

Idk how much would that change the currently accepted calculations, but it sounds like it would be pretty big (assuming I'm not completely misunderstanding everything lmao)
Now prove that Redaku is on the opposite side of Earth. The time they take to get there is not necessarily because of the distance but because Redaku is surrounded by mountains

The kakashi scan in the OP did say that he was constantly moving day and night.

Anyways, copying what I said earlier
But as I mentioned earlier in the General discussion thread, we don't really use the distances covered by shinobi.
Instead, pixel Scaling of certain lands from the earth shot in The Last movie is what's being preferred
Post in thread 'Naruto Calculation Discussion: Biju Dama Requiem' https://vsbattles.com/threads/naruto-calculation-discussion-biju-dama-requiem.115586/post-3845618

Which in itself is weird because last i checked, the current calcs still make use of the Konoha Suna Distance

Now prove that Redaku is on the opposite side of Earth. The time they take to get there is not necessarily because of the distance but because Redaku is surrounded by mountains
In Shikamaru Hiden have a mention of the other continet and on the map I think there is a small part that can be seen, so Redaku is probably on the other side of the planet

As in Redaku, this continent is outside the shinobi restriction so it is far from everything that is shown since Kakashi in the original presentation implied that the ninja continent is not the only one.

But being covered by clouds it is difficult to know the real location

Not sure what relevance this has.
I mentioned it because apparently the god level can manipulate the environment and terrain at will, like Kaguya did or like Toneri wanted to do after destroying the Earth

There is no indication that this is caused by or related to the size of the planet.
The Ootsutuki monitor their assigned areas and from what is mentioned in the novel and in the Boruto manga, they look for a planet that is too populated and has too much chakra to cultivate the chakra fruit (or just a given planet that can also absorb stars like Toneri did) so that being a planet that is too big, it suits them

We all already know this. A fictional world doesn't have to be literally Earth to be assumed to have Earth-like qualities as the default.
I didn't know it at the beginning, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the Moon must be too dense to have those properties after the Tenseigan has been destroyed, which means that if the moon depends on the size of the Earth in the Naruto Verse, then if the moon is more massive, the earth must therefore be more massive or larger.

I tried to measure the ones on the full map, but apparently the 3 are inconsistent, they still have the same shape, but the location changes
My guess is that if we can calculate it, we will see the world grow significantly, but if we accept that the place in question is on the other side of the world, the world still achieves 50% growth.

The circumference of the Earth IRL is 40,075 km. None of the figures here exceed that.
It does'nt matter since all these distances are larger than half the circumference, since Kakashi Sasuke and Sakura were taking a route, if we take it to have the circumference of the earth it would be an inconsistency

Because in the first case there is a difference of 5,313.4 km, the second has 6,761.8 km and the third has 11,107 km

In all these cases it is more convenient to use these routes than to use the longer ones when literally the strongest ninja who keeps the peace is dying from an illness.

So the situation warrants that the circumference of the planet is too large unlike ours because it is simply impractical to go to Redaku

@Damage3245

Last edited:
The moment the gelel movie gets canonized or whatever their continent is called gets canonized will be the day this debate ends istg

The moment the gelel movie gets canonized or whatever their continent is called gets canonized will be the day this debate ends istg
We also accept the use of Sasuke Retsuden. Also In the Boruto anime (we consider it canon for the profiles) the continent mentioned in Shikamaru Hiden exists so there must be countries where ninjas do not have jurisdiction

I haven't read through the whole thread but my thoughts from just the OP are that the 30 day thing is fine, although I'm not sure it's definitive. Ninja may be able to run a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're gonna constantly be spending the same amount of time every day running, especially for a month straight. There's possibility for rests, detours, and other reasons that might not make it simply the distance a ninja can travel in 3 days x 10. That said, I think it's fine to use this to suggest the Earth is bigger than the real world's, particularly because with this calculation, even if Redaku was on the literal other side of the world, Earth would still be bigger, and it's most likely much closer than that. A likely size for Earth is fine imo.

I haven't read through the whole thread but my thoughts from just the OP are that the 30 day thing is fine, although I'm not sure it's definitive. Ninja may be able to run a lot, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're gonna constantly be spending the same amount of time every day running, especially for a month straight. There's possibility for rests, detours, and other reasons that might not make it simply the distance a ninja can travel in 3 days x 10. That said, I think it's fine to use this to suggest the Earth is bigger than the real world's, particularly because with this calculation, even if Redaku was on the literal other side of the world, Earth would still be bigger, and it's most likely much closer than that. A likely size for Earth is fine imo.
Thanks, in fact I gave a period of at least 4 hours of rest, and well, as I explained here ↓

It does'nt matter since all these distances are larger than half the circumference, since Kakashi Sasuke and Sakura were taking a route, if we take it to have the circumference of the earth it would be an inconsistency

Because in the first case there is a difference of 5,313.4 km, the second has 6,761.8 km and the third has 11,107 km

In all these cases it is more convenient to use these routes than to use the longer ones when literally the strongest ninja who keeps the peace is dying from an illness.

So the situation warrants that the circumference of the planet is too large unlike ours because it is simply impractical to go to Redaku

The diameter of the Earth does increase

Back