• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Narutoforums: Broken Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that Narutoforums has gone a complete revision to their forums, which would mean that all of the links that directly link to Narutoforums are now broken.

To fix this issue in the quickest time possible, it would be highly encouraged for all of the members to find any profiles that have narutoforums links to them, especially in the AP and Speed section, and replace the broken/dead links with the new ones from the revamped forums.

This is a major issue, but if all of the members here could lend a hand, this issue can be solved in a reasonable amount of time. It would be grateful if you guys can lend your assistance.

EDIT:

The links that are saved in the Wayback Archives are INTACT. This saves some of the work that needs to be done.

Also, do not remove any currently dead links from the profile pages. This will give a false impression that the calculations that the statistics are based on do not exist. If they remain, others can search for the new URLs, and update the links at some later point in time.

EDIT 2:

LordXCano
wrote
Found this method out on the Asura stats thread, thought I'd share it here.
Basically just find the old URL, for example, this: www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?bt=26509

Then copy the last numbers in the link (26509).

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/xxxxx/

Copy this sample URL and paste the numbers from the old URL over the x marks.

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/26509/

It will then redirect you to that blog.

As you can see in the example I gave, this will work for deleted blogs as well. In this case, Vivi's.

The pages by Vivi Ornitier/ClassicGameGuys are also backed up in this thread, and can be reposted as blog posts here, after which they can be linked to as well.

If all else fails, you can check if the calculation pages are stored in Google cache, but only do this as a very last resort, as it is very uncertain if they will remain in the long run.

Well i mainly know about several of the Marvel comic characters that use calcs from NarutoForums. I could do that but help would be very appreciative on those...

There probably aren't any calcs for tier 2, that said are all blogs still existent or where some deleted?

Do it, Austrian.

@All: For me, i'm also going to do some Tier 5's on the KHverse (gotta keep the hype going), though it's mainly for one thing but they all share the same link to one of their feats.

The blogs that contain the calculations are still intact for the most part. However, we would have to find each individual calculation by the numbers

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/dantes-raindrops-feat.34749/ (this one here works btw)

Perhaps the number on the far right in the link can be used to search for that specific blog in the search function. however, it would be best for everyone to wait a day to see if the previous links start working again.

EDIT: All of the links that are saved in the Wayback Archives are INTACT.

The images in that link are broken, so we can't see the images atm.

I am currently in conversation with one of the admins at NF, and they are still dealing with other issues with the forums. However, I did receive this message.

Admi wrote
It's entirely possible that they have to be migrated over as I was getting the same thing when I tried to view any part of the forum when we were migrating. That could take some more time, and I know blogs were mentioned a lot when we were talking about the move. Links should work eventually, but to be on the safe side I'll bring it up with the others.

Err....Piccolo's Moon busting feat is 645.9 Zetta's? WTF? That's like Planet level+ right there, how was it Small Planet level in the first place?!

I think that may be a different blog post than the one we used.

Oh that makes sense. Cause shit, i ain't gonna put that on Piccolo's page. Nope, no way.

In any case, i've done my fair share of fixing the links. Y'all do the same as well...

Well, it says "edited"

And looks similar though

EDIT: Forget what I said, the original one has also a speed calc

KaenDragneel123 said:
Well, it says "edited"

And looks similar though
It doesn't make any sense cause by that, we'd have to upgrade the DBZ Saiyan Saga characters (like Vegeta and Goku) to Planet level+ then cause it says "645.9 Zettatons". And Planet level starts at 57.3 zettatons....

This is very serious, so all help is very appreciated.

For the time being, if you find such non-working links, it is probably best to look them up in the wayback machine, and replace them accordingly, if possible.

Google search's cache function might also work, if the former option does not.

A question about the migration: How will we find the new URLs for the calculation links, once they have been moved?

I have updated the official community message with a link to this thread.

Antvasima said:
This is very serious, so all help is very appreciated.
For the time being, if you find such non-working links, it is probably best to look them up in the wayback machine, and replace them accordingly, if possible.

Google search's cache function might also work, if the former option does not.

A question about the migration: How will we find the new URLs for the calculation links, once they have been moved?
The only way to find them that I know of is to go to the person who made the calc's blog and finding the calc and copy the new url im currently fixing all of the HxH calcs

Yea, we either need to go calc'er by calc'er or google search the new URLs.

The problem isn't just that the URL has changed, it is that to insert a new URL we need both the NF blog # (which we already have) and the name of the blog itself. That can't be guessed by links.

Big thanks to everybody who are helping out.

If there is a locked profile that needs to be changed post it here and I'll fix it. Post the link and tell me which one it is will be helpful. Thank you.

@Gemmy: Well i manage to fix Thor and Beta Ray's SS level feat. That one that Endless Mike made? Ooo, idk if Ant will take that one for here....

The MHS+ Hawkeye and Black Panther. Uhhh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back