• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Greek Scan and Reference Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Introduction

Not sure if this needs a CRT but might as well do so for posterity.

Over the course of indexing the franchise, we've made use of some confirmation from developers for certain things, almost exclusively in the Greek section of the setting. However, some of those scans and links are either dead or reference material that's no longer readily available as it once was, making validation of them very difficult if not impossible. Something I doubt was foreseen by the original supporters who applied them to the profiles.

Sucks to suck but we're built different tho.

Below are some of the fixes, adjustments, and removals as we clean the verse of any unverifiable scans or Word of God.

Changes

This blog has some of the profiles that were cleaned of links and scans that led to unverifiable developer and writer input or secondary material that no longer exists (Facebook DMs, Temple of Helios scans, etc.). Namely the Primordials, Thanatos, Gaia and Helios.

This is a revamp of the Explanation Page with all of those scans removed and replaced and links added to the remaining WoG. Check out Theogony, Titanomachy, and the Morpheus and Nyx sections of the Greek World for evaluation.

Affected Profiles

Below are profiles that link to said scans or scale to the characters in the aforementioned blog. Their scans will be replaced as well.

Kratos
Zeus
Helios
Gaia
Atlas
Hyperion
The Primordials
Thanatos

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Is the DM or temple of helios' scan or other thing like that even not valid to begin with??

Is the DM or temple of helios' scan or other thing like that even not valid to begin with??
It was valid, but the Temple of Helios stuff went kaput. DMs are DMs, apparently you need screencaps to prove them being legit. The DMs were made years ago so no chance of proving that anymore, since most people abandoned FB completely.

The sources no longer exist so they can't be verified. Thus, we've removed them.

Nothing really changed but eh.

I haven't seen the differences you show in your blog yet and just went by the OP only, but if there are no new additions, or you don't remove any abilities, just change some justification and replace scans with some more obvious ones then there will be no problem with this passing.

I haven't seen the differences you show in your blog yet and just went by the OP only, but if there are no new additions, or you don't remove any abilities, just change some justification and replace scans with some more obvious ones then there will be no problem with this passing.
No new ability was added nor any removed. Just scans being replaced.

Yeah, no additions or removals. Just scan changes.

So as I said previously there should be no problem, I agree.

It was valid, but the Temple of Helios stuff went kaput. DMs are DMs, apparently you need screencaps to prove them being legit. The DMs were made years ago so no chance of proving that anymore, since most people abandoned FB completely.
The sources no longer exist so they can't be verified. Thus, we've removed them.

Nothing really changed but eh.
Yeah the DMs is... huh...

But temple of helios??? I can even found that scan in google or GoW's wiki

Yeah the DMs is... huh...

But temple of helios??? I can even found that scan in google or GoW's wiki
Issue isn't the scans but the fact that the game itself was nuked. The author of Temple of Helios is still around but like, I doubt he'd be willing to verify a 15 year old scan. So we do away with it.

Issue isn't the scans but the fact that the game itself was nuked. The author of Temple of Helios is still around but like, I doubt he'd be willing to verify a 15 year old scan. So we do away with it.
She

Marianne Krawczyk. She's got no socials to speak of. Only way to talk to her? LinkedIn, and you need money for that, and just don't do that, please.

She

Marianne Krawczyk. She's got no socials to speak of. Only way to talk to her? LinkedIn, and you need money for that, and just don't do that, please.
I meant the artist, sorry. But yeah, no way to verify it anymore.

Btw, how much input does this need and should it wait 48 hours? I'm unsure in these cases.
Okay, I think an exception can be made in these cases, as this would not technically fall under a CRT per se, since there is no significant change that would warrant a CRT, it is just a simple replacement of scans that can normally be applied without a CRT.

Mhmhm yeah... this is fine

I just think it is weird for we cannot use valid scan, but whatever

Okay, I think an exception can be made in these cases, as this would not technically fall under a CRT per se, since there is no significant change that would warrant a CRT, it is just a simple replacement of scans that can normally be applied without a CRT.
Hmmm. I'll leave it up for like, an hour more or so I guess. Unless I can just apply shit in 15 mins lol.

Unless I can just apply shit in 15 mins lol.
ganbare-jujutsu-kaisen.gif

This should be fine, just fixing the scans/references shouldn't be problematic so I agree.

The changes have been applied to the appropriate pages. Me and KLOL will clean up the links a bit then ask for the pages to be closed.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back