• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
GXwB8tbWsAA-vrM

Kakashi Bros in shambles. (I am Kakashi Bros).

Although it was pretty obvious the fifth Shinju was gonna be the same as we saw in chapter 13.

It would be extremely disappointing if Sunagakure had lost to those Frieza-looking goblins instead of opponents like Mitsuri and Bug. The mismatch would have felt undeserving, given the village's strength and potential.

No Kage is safe, no nation is safe, and not even the new generation of shinobi is safe. Is this truly the end of the shinobi world? That’s right: the age of the shinobi is over.

How do we feel about roughly quantifying god tree chakra fruit amps?

I have arguments for them being at least a 2x multiplier maybe I’ll share it here or save it for a thread.

“Why is this relevant?”

Kaguya was already scared of momoshiki (before he devoured at least 16 chakra fruits)

How do we feel about roughly quantifying god tree chakra fruit amps?
I have arguments for them being at least a 2x multiplier maybe I’ll share it here or save it for a thread.
It would be better to discuss those arguments first instead of making a thread that is going to fail. Also I can't tell you my thoughts about a multiplier because I don't know how you're gonna justify it.
“Why is this relevant?”

Kaguya was already scared of momoshiki (before he devoured at least 16 chakra fruits)
16 chakra fruits from the same planet right?

It would be better to discuss those arguments first instead of making a thread that is going to fail. Also I can't tell you my thoughts about a multiplier because I don't know how you're gonna justify it.
The arguments are based off the fact that:

(Without going into great detail)

1. An otsutsuki is needed to be sacrificed to a 10 tails for it to evolve into a God tree meaning chakra fruit=ten tails+otsutsuki+entire planet.

Basically 1+1 is the same of 1x2

We know otsutsuki can be transformed into fruits themselves to be consumed. This is likely how they do it.

In momo’s case, kinshiki would be the sacrifice.

This is significant because Kaguya is already scared of Momo and kin from thousands of years ago

2. It’s narratively implied that the God tree amp>fused Momo amp.

He views the god tree chakra fruit as a greater form of evolution than kinshiki’s fruit. Otherwise they wouldn’t bother eating planets but rather would eat kinshiki over and over and over (he can just reincarnate) and they share the fruit
16 chakra fruits from the same planet right?
Yeah but I don’t think that’s relevant to my point

1. An otsutsuki is needed to be sacrificed to a 10 tails for it to evolve into a God tree meaning chakra fruit=ten tails+otsutsuki+entire planet.
Slight issue. I believe that in Boruto it has been clarified that ten tails specifically extracts the chakra from living beings. Not the planet's chakra. If that's what you meant then ok.
We know otsutsuki can be transformed into fruits themselves to be consumed. This is likely how they do it.
Ok.

This is significant because Kaguya is already scared of Momo and kin from thousands of years ago
Ok. I do agree that IT Kaguya < a hypothetical Fused Momoshiki from 1000 years ago at least. Without the ETSB of course, although arguments can be made.

He views the god tree chakra fruit as a greater form of evolution than kinshiki’s fruit. Otherwise they wouldn’t bother eating planets but rather would eat kinshiki over and over and over (he can just reincarnate) and they share the fruit
True.

I have a doubt tho. We know that it might be possible to get a chakra fruit without sacrificing an Otsutsuki. Like Kaguya did. So how are you going to justify that Momoshiki sacrificed 16 Otsutsuki?

But she kinda bad tho
In what way? If you mean as a character then I kind of agree, but I'm just kind of tired of people harping on the way Madara was replaced. I agree that Zetsu being able to stab Madara like that is clearly PIS since Madara has multifaceted layered sensory precog but still.

Slight issue. I believe that in Boruto it has been clarified that ten tails specifically extracts the chakra from living beings. Not the planet's chakra. If that's what you meant then ok.
I think it’s both but that’s irrelevant to the point.
Ok. I do agree that IT Kaguya < a hypothetical Fused Momoshiki from 1000 years ago at least. Without the ETSB of course, although arguments can be made.
I agree with this as well but it’s also irrelevant to my point a little bit. The point is, Momo and kin at least scale to her from 1000+ years ago and they’ve evolved many times since then
I have a doubt tho. We know that it might be possible to get a chakra fruit without sacrificing an Otsutsuki.
This isn’t true Amado made it clear that u need a sacrifice. This just means Kaguya betrayed isshiki AFTER she resurrected via karma
Like Kaguya did. So how are you going to justify that Momoshiki sacrificed 16 Otsutsuki?
They didn’t sacrifice 16 different otsutsuki’s brother, it was just kinshiki over and over again and he’d revive via karma. That was how it’s explained.

2 pairs, come to a planet, the lesser rank places a karma on someone, the lesser rank is devoured, but comes back via karma. Tree grows and they eat it

anyway his hair looks different from the other version, but his markings are similar if not the same. we still think it's shinki?

This isn’t true Amado made it clear that u need a sacrifice. This just means Kaguya betrayed isshiki AFTER she resurrected via karma
Kaguya ate a chakra fruit right? Who was sacrificed then?
They didn’t sacrifice 16 different otsutsuki’s brother, it was just kinshiki over and over again and he’d revive via karma. That was how it’s explained.

2 pairs, come to a planet, the lesser rank places a karma on someone, the lesser rank is devoured, but comes back via karma. Tree grows and they eat it
Wait really? Damn I never noticed this for some reason. Can you post a scan where this was stated?

Basically 1+1 is the same of 1x2

Yeah but I don’t think that’s relevant to my point

Hmmm, your argument isn't entirely bad.

However, my main focus is on the fact that when Momoshiki fuses with Kinshiki, their combined power should be considered as an additive enhancement. Since Momoshiki’s base level is relatively equal to Kinshiki’s, their fusion should be viewed as a multiplication of their stats. Therefore, fused momo stats would be effectively doubled, reflecting an increase in power proportional to the combined strength of both characters.

It's hard to believe that Kaguya was afraid of Momoshiki and Kinshiki. It seemed more like a fear of the clan itself, not one or two members. Not to mention that even if it's fear of him, she hadn't seen him for probably thousands of years, in the meantime, just as she had become extremely stronger, there was also the possibility that he had evolved too. It makes sense that she feared not only him but anyone in the clan, after all, she didn't know who would come or how strong is that enemy.

Kaguya ate a chakra fruit right? Who was sacrificed then?
There are two ways this could have happened.

1-She did the same thing Isshiki would do before meeting Boruto: She attacked Isshiki, then found a perfect vessel, and after letting herself be devoured by the Juubi, she was resurrected via karma.

2-She let herself be devoured, and after being resurrected via Karma, she attacked Isshiki to get the fruit.

Whether it was one or the other, in the end the result is the same.

It's hard to believe that Kaguya was afraid of Momoshiki and Kinshiki. It seemed more like a fear of the clan itself, not one or two members. Not to mention that even if it's fear of him, she hadn't seen him for probably thousands of years, in the meantime, just as she had become extremely stronger, there was also the possibility that he had evolved too. It makes sense that she feared not only him but anyone in the clan, after all, she didn't know who would come or how strong is that enemy.
Her scroll specifically stated that she was afraid of those two. Sasuke confirms this after the scrolls were translated. Secondly even though she already consumed a chakra fruit, she still went through the trouble of creating a zetsu army just for them. So yeah, it is definitely narratively implied and stated that Momoshiki + Kinshiki > Kaguya.

Hmmm, your argument isn't entirely bad.

However, my main focus is on the fact that when Momoshiki fuses with Kinshiki, their combined power should be considered as an additive enhancement. Since Momoshiki’s base level is relatively equal to Kinshiki’s, their fusion should be viewed as a multiplication of their stats. Therefore, fused momo stats would be effectively doubled, reflecting an increase in power proportional to the combined strength of both characters.
Yes I realize it’s an addition. The reason why I said 2x amp is because the next God tree they eat, the sacrifice will be from the evolved state not the previous one. For example 1+1= 2 (evolved state) god tree 2 would then be 2+2. It’s more of an exponential sequence than an addition.

The calc would go smth like Kaguya x (2)^16 to get their ap when they arrive in boruto

But yes I see what you’re saying, the 2x amp is only in relevance to momoshiki and kin.

There’s an anime canon scene showing that when she envisioned the clan coming for her, it was Momo kin and urashiki. This was before hagoromo sealed her. Please don’t bring up any Kaguya> Momo stuff in 2024 I beg

Yes I realize it’s an addition. The reason why I said 2x amp is because the next God tree they eat, the sacrifice will be from the evolved state not the previous one. For example 1+1= 2 (evolved state) god tree 2 would then be 2+2. It’s more of an exponential sequence than an addition.

The calc would go smth like Kaguya x (2)^16 to get their ap when they arrive in boruto
The tree doesn't get twice as strong.

The tree doesn't get twice as strong.
I’m saying the sacrifice does, therefore the next tree they eat still has that bare minimum fusion amp that Momo and kin did.

Tree formula= ten tails+otsutsuki+planet

If the otsutsuki is twice as strong as before, the total amp is at least twice

Could you provide a scan that shows they consumed over 16 fruits between their last encounter with Kaguya and their arrival in Boruto?

So if I am understanding this correctly:

1. a Shinju chakra fruit > simply eating an Otsutsuki like Momo did to Kin.

2. Momo eating Kin is Momo + Kin since they are relative to each other.

3. Every shinju tree therefore must be a greater amp than just an addition of the pair of Otsutsuki.

4. Each time the Otsutsuki that gets sacrificed, comes back via Karma. (scan would be appreciated)

Now I need to know how you're gonna justify the pair being/staying relative to each other. Are you saying that Karmic ressurection is an equal amp to eating a chakra fruit?

This is all well and good except for the small part where Kaguya's scroll blatantly mention Kinshiki and Momoshiki as the pair that she's worried about
Also, it's highly likely that she hasn't seen momoshiki for, at best, 100 years since she arrived on earth. Not thousands. I doubt she was roaming around for 1000 years before she gave birth to Hagoromo and Hamura

This is all well and good except for the small part where Kaguya's scroll blatantly mention Kinshiki and Momoshiki as the pair that she's worried about
Also, it's highly likely that she hasn't seen momoshiki for, at best, 100 years since she arrived on earth. Not thousands. I doubt she was roaming around for 1000 years before she gave birth to Hagoromo and Hamura
A meta explanation would be that Kishimoto wanted a villain stronger than Kaguya right off the bat, but Momoshiki not having the war arc build up combined with Boruto's general lack of feats make him seem weaker than he is. Also nostalgia from fans and stuff. If we go by just info without any personal feelings, then it is pretty clear that author intent was for Momo to be > Kaguya. But people can't believe that, as evident by how many hoops they have to go through to discredit numerous statements. Which is fine, but doesn't change the facts.

Back