• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Naruto characters can't see souls and shit. Anyone who disagrees is inertially biased. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd argue almost every single trained shinobi as being able to at the very least sense them since it's just chakra and chakra is spirutual and is literally your soul/mind/physical body

But literally anyone with a dojutsu or jinjurichi inside of them can see souls

Hell you can argue trained shinobi can outright see souls.

iirc the stronger your chakra is the more potent your soul manipulation has to be to affect/damage/pull out your soul

Last edited:
What if Kaguya had used Karma in the fight against Team 7?
She'd have to luck out.
They would have to be compatible either that or when she places it and tries to come back both her and the person she placed it on would simply seize up and die.
Unless it was naruto he'd just regen from it.

That could be a cannon reason for why she never used it. After all compatable karma vessels are extremely rare

She'd have to luck out.
They would have to be compatible either that or when she places it and tries to come back both her and the person she placed it on would simply seize up and die.
Unless it was naruto he'd just regen from it.

That could be a cannon reason for why she never used it. After all compatable karma vessels are extremely rare
The canon reason was that it wasn't invented back then.

That kaguya wasn’t even at full power, Remember that Naruto still had Half of nine tails and some piece of the other tailed beast chakra.
Kaguya was beyond her “Full Power” from 1000 years prior. Remember, Madara was only missing 50% Kurama and Black Zetsu forced him to absorb IT Chakra, stated by Naruto to be “Way stronger than even Ten-Tails!”, referring Obito’s Juubi. It can be argued Resurrected Kaguya is “nearly” 2x stronger than when she faced Hagoromo & Hamura thanks to Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Last edited:
Kaguya was beyond her “Full Power” from 1000 years prior. Remember, Madara was only missing 50% Kurama and Black Zetsu forced him to absorb IT Chakra, stated by Naruto to be “Way stronger than even Ten-Tails!”, referring Obito’s Juubi. It can be argued Resurrected Kaguya is “nearly” 2x stronger than when she faced Hagoromo & Hamura thanks ti Infinite Tsukiyomi.
I feel like people really overlook this

Chakra isn't a set amount, we know it cultivates over time.

So the Ten tails is definitely stronger since you can argue the Bijuu got stronger over the years ( they were smaller and weaker when Hagoromo first made and they grew over the years, Kurama especially since iirc it's outright stated he's so much bigger and stronger than the other Bijuu due to his hatred making him stronger...Kurama really was a spiteful mf lol )

Plus Shinobi obviously building up their chakra over their lifetimes since obviously they train and get stronger so when Kaguya absorbs Madara to regain "her chakra" he has a greater amount of chakra to give her than what was once on Earth ages ago due to Shinobi Culture

Etc etc, you get the point

Also War Arc Kaguya is OBJECTIVELY more hax than Past Kaguya since she can use the abilities of those she puts under her IT ( as per Hagoromo's word ) so she had the jutsu of the entire shinobi alliance...all of whom had techniques that didn't exist during her time

Kaguya was beyond her “Full Power” from 1000 years prior. Remember, Madara was only missing 50% Kurama and Black Zetsu forced him to absorb IT Chakra, stated by Naruto to be “Way stronger than even Ten-Tails!”, referring Obito’s Juubi. It can be argued Resurrected Kaguya is “nearly” 2x stronger than when she faced Hagoromo & Hamura thanks to Infinite Tsukuyomi.
Nah you are missing my point,1000 years ago kaguya was complete meaning no piece of the tailed beast was missing and she casted infinite Tsukuyomi ( Meaning she could still draw energy(don't think there was chakra then) from everyone sealed in the infinite tsukuyomi ) , but The kaguya in the war arc isn’t complete plus the chakra she gets from absorbing the chakra from Infinite tsukuyomi is not comparable to her prime version 1000 years ago. Basically my point is if her base chakra from being complete(prime state) is 100 and the Energy she gets from IF is a multiplier of x2 , while the war arc version is incomplete and has a base of 80 and the chakra she gets from IF is also a multiplier of x2 , Then obviously the prime version is stronger cause she has a stronger starting base by being complete and also being able to tap into the Chakra increase from IF(assuming the amount of energy is the same in both era's).

Last edited:
I'd argue almost every single trained shinobi as being able to at the very least sense them since it's just chakra and chakra is spirutual and is literally your soul/mind/physical body
That doesn't give you soul manip or the ability to see souls though.
But literally anyone with a dojutsu or jinjurichi inside of them can see souls
First one is the chakra network and chakra. Second one only capable of seeing it since he's being touched by Nagato.
Hell you can argue trained shinobi can outright see souls.
First one is nothing about souls it just sensing chakra, and for the second one no one can see him save tsunade but for some reason fodder can see him?
iirc the stronger your chakra is the more potent your soul manipulation has to be to affect/damage/pull out your soul
No?

Has the spiritual energy in chakra component already been debunked or rejected on this website for allowing soul resistances/attacks/extrasensory perception?

I feel like this is heavily important to the verse as, literally, everytime, chakra is brought up spiritual energy is also brought up.
And kakashi says you have to mix both of them (plus the visuals show that the ninja is mixing an almost equal amount of both) for the justu to even work so I feel as tho your spiritual power has to be comparable to your physical power.
Imo anyone with ninjutsu or chakra based attacks should be able to hit souls unless its contradicted in the series.

We can even see this when nagato is pulling out peoples souls.
When he was trying to affect naruto's soul it took him dozens of seconds to even over a minute. And that was BEFORE naruto started resisting and pulling back with his chakra arms. Naruto even had time to launch a whole rasengan and Nagato blocked it.

Then look at when he pulls out jonin's soul he had no trouble taking it out immediantly.
The wiki would say its layered hax/resistance but I personally dont think that format works for Naruto/Boruto's soul type hax/resistances.
I think it more works like, if you are this strong, your opponent has to be this strong as well to affect you spiritually.

I don't think the average ninja can hit your soul through your physical body, however if an actual spirit arrived I believe if they can perceive/sense it (Anyone with dojutsu or sensory ninjutsu) then by all means they should be able to hit it.

Also here it states physical attacks can't hit ghost/spirits. But we do not know if this applies to ninjutsu.

Also the mind and spirit seem to be heavily connected as naruto says and as shown when Akebi died and was cloned but because her soul was in the pure lands even though she had all her memories and was exactly the same (Amado is a master at cloning) her personality was completely different than she was.

Also showcased and accepted on this site when sasuke and orochimaru entered a mental plane and sasuke resisted orochimaru's attempt to take over his soul.
Just his will alone was eroding orochimaru's seemingly mental and spiritual plane (Kabuto states he's inside orochimaru's very inner being)
He even absorbed him at least mentally if not also spiritually as well (Orochimaru was able to then revive out of sasuke's curse mark when he fought itachi due to sasuke having little to no chakra, again showing chakra and spiritual power are very connected)

So basically
The stronger your chakra the stronger your soul resistances and hax (if you have any soul hax)
Ninjutsu can hit souls (unless contradicted)

Last edited:
Has the spiritual energy in chakra component already been debunked or rejected on this website for allowing soul resistances/attacks/extrasensory perception?

I feel like this is heavily important to the verse as, literally, everytime, chakra is brought up spiritual energy is also brought up.
And kakashi says you have to mix both of them (plus the visuals show that the ninja is mixing an almost equal amount of both) for the justu to even work so I feel as tho your spiritual power has to be comparable to your physical power.
Imo anyone with ninjutsu or chakra based attacks should be able to hit souls unless its contradicted in the series.

We can even see this when nagato is pulling out peoples souls.
When he was trying to affect naruto's soul it took him dozens of seconds to even over a minute. And that was BEFORE naruto started resisting and pulling back with his chakra arms. Naruto even had time to launch a whole rasengan and Nagato blocked it.

Then look at when he pulls out jonin's soul he had no trouble taking it out immediantly.
The wiki would say its layered hax/resistance but I personally dont think that format works for Naruto/Boruto's soul type hax/resistances.
I think it more works like, if you are this strong, your opponent has to be this strong as well to affect you spiritually.

I don't think the average ninja can hit your soul through your physical body, however if an actual spirit arrived I believe if they can perceive/sense it (Anyone with dojutsu or sensory ninjutsu) then by all means they should be able to hit it.

Also here it states physical attacks can't hit ghost/spirits. But we do not know if this applies to ninjutsu.

Also the mind and spirit seem to be heavily connected as naruto says and as shown when Akebi died and was cloned but because her soul was in the pure lands even though she had all her memories and was exactly the same (Amado is a master at cloning) her personality was completely different than she was.

Also showcased and accepted on this site when sasuke and orochimaru entered a mental plane and sasuke resisted orochimaru's attempt to take over his soul.
Just his will alone was eroding orochimaru's seemingly mental and spiritual plane (Kabuto states he's inside orochimaru's very inner being)
He even absorbed him at least mentally if not also spiritually as well (Orochimaru was able to then revive out of sasuke's curse mark when he fought itachi due to sasuke having little to no chakra, again showing chakra and spiritual power are very connected)

So basically
The stronger your chakra the stronger your soul resistances and hax (if you have any soul hax)
Ninjutsu can hit souls (unless contradicted)
Still can't beat Bleach tho

First one is nothing about souls it just sensing chakra, and for the second one no one can see him save tsunade but for some reason fodder can see him?
Im confused as to where your getting this?

Almost everyone on the battlefield is trained in using chakra, especially the people here as they survived the first parts of the war. So please stop using the word "fodder" as if it means anything at all. True fodder would have died in the zetsu attack 😂.
They are all trained so ofc the whole verse cannot see them but these ninja who have trained for decades of there life using SPIRITUAL power should most definitely not be looked over.

Sasuke can see souls without dojutsu active.

These guys are seemingly able to see them as well. In the anime we see dozens of shinobi react to them and have CONVERSATIONS with them.

This guy here can move as a soul using NINJUTSU, further proving ninjutsu and spirutal energy connection.

Also obito and dan as SOULS can enter and interact with the mind of other people and give them chakra resulting in buffs and stamina gain.

I just feel as tho the fact that souls are immediately being dragged to the pure lands and are not able to linger like in many other shonen anime this makes it very obscure on the topic of souls in Naruto.
Still can't beat Bleach tho
There are multiple other verses besides bleach who use souls as their main form of combat and considering this is a fighting wiki I think naruto characters should have this.

Heck on the subject of bleach. Just as they have the soul reaper, quincy and hollow physiology page.
Are we allowed to make one for naruto?
One for Otsosuki, Jinjurichi, Sensory Type Ninja, Dojutsu users and Jonin Level Ninja. With ofc different advancements/levels on them??
Just so its easier to give the right abilities to characters without doing too much work on pages.

For instance almost everyone in the verse who uses ninjutsu should be given nonphysical interaction via ninjutsu

Last edited:
Just as they have the soul reaper, quincy and hollow physiology page.
One for Otsosuki, Jinjurichi, Sensory Type Ninja, Dojutsu users and Jonin Level Ninja. With ofc different advancements/levels on them??
Just so its easier to give the right abilities to characters without doing too much work on pages.

For instance almost everyone in the verse who uses ninjutsu should be given nonphysical interaction via ninjutsu
Yeah

Im confused as to where your getting this?

Almost everyone on the battlefield is trained in using chakra, especially the people here as they survived the first parts of the war. So please stop using the word "fodder" as if it means anything at all. True fodder would have died in the zetsu attack 😂.
They are all trained so ofc the whole verse cannot see them but these ninja who have trained for decades of there life using SPIRITUAL power should most definitely not be looked over.

Sasuke can see souls without dojutsu active.

These guys are seemingly able to see them as well. In the anime we see dozens of shinobi react to them and have CONVERSATIONS with them.

This guy here can move as a soul using NINJUTSU, further proving ninjutsu and spirutal energy connection.

Also obito and dan as SOULS can enter and interact with the mind of other people and give them chakra resulting in buffs and stamina gain.

I just feel as tho the fact that souls are immediately being dragged to the pure lands and are not able to linger like in many other shonen anime this makes it very obscure on the topic of souls in Naruto.

There are multiple other verses besides bleach who use souls as their main form of combat and considering this is a fighting wiki I think naruto characters should have this.

Heck on the subject of bleach. Just as they have the soul reaper, quincy and hollow physiology page.

They may be able to see souls under certain conditions. But they cant harm souls whatsoever unless they use special justu like those mentioned earlier. Their would be no need for tendo,the reaper of death ect if they can just interact with souls with any ninjustu. When someone takes alll your chakra their not taking your soul or affecting. When someone attacks you with ninjustu the soul isnt affected. When you use healing ninjustu it doesn't heal your soul ect.

They may be able to see souls under certain conditions.
This needs to be stated somewhere to be a viable debunk.
Souls in naruto can only exist in the normal world under VERY special conditions to begin with.
But they cant harm souls whatsoever unless they use special justu like those mentioned earlier. Their would be no need for tendo,the reaper of death ect if they can just interact with souls with any ninjustu.
Disagree.
I'm arguing they are able to harm souls outside of a physical body with ninjutsu.
Those special jutsu allow them to harm the soul while it still resides inside a physical body.
This is heavily important to the verse as, literally, everytime, chakra is brought up spiritual energy is also brought up.
Look here for why I believe so.
When someone takes alll your chakra their not taking your soul or affecting. When someone attacks you with ninjustu the soul isnt affected. When you use healing ninjustu it doesn't heal your soul ect.
I never argued so?
Im saying chakra/ninjutsu based attacks can affects souls not that your chakra is literally your soul, it simply has your souls power in it.

Last edited:
They may be able to see souls under certain conditions. But they cant harm souls whatsoever unless they use special justu like those mentioned earlier. Their would be no need for tendo,the reaper of death ect if they can just interact with souls with any ninjustu. When someone takes alll your chakra their not taking your soul or affecting. When someone attacks you with ninjustu the soul isnt affected. When you use healing ninjustu it doesn't heal your soul ect.
Meanwhile Tsunade literally being able to do this

Have you ever considered just making one super thread?

I have some old threads that just died out so if the small ones i have don't get accepted i will just make a superthread so the mods dont have to continuously go thread to thread which can be annoying.

Have you ever considered just making one super thread?

I have some old threads that just died out so if the small ones i have don't get accepted i will just make a superthread so the mods dont have to continuously go thread to thread which can be annoying.
No you Naruto fans suffering will be long and continuous. Plus I hate long threads it makes the agrees, neutrals, and disagrees confusing along with keeping track over everything.

No you Naruto fans suffering will be long and continuous. Plus I hate long threads it makes the agrees, neutrals, and disagrees confusing along with keeping track over everything.
What do you have against naruto fans. We do the same thing bleach and one piece fans do 😂

I'm the opposite i love longer threads rather than having to search around. If you know how to organize properly anyone can easily keep track.

Back