• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Absorbing the spiritual aspect of it will allow it to absorb souls as souls consist of one only aspect of samehada's absorption abilities
No it wouldn't, you a 100% working off of assumptions and giving Samehada soul manipulation when it doesn't have the feats or statements to grant it soul manipulation. By this asinine logic your using you would start giving anyone who can absorb chakra now gets soul manipulation without any evidence or statements.

Absorbing the spiritual aspect of it will allow it to absorb souls as souls consist of one only aspect of samehada's absorption abilities
idk about that one.

this would mean any chakra absorption could absorb souls which is untrue.

even rinnegan users can absorb ninjutsu/chakra but it's seen as a separate path from their soul-steal ability. That shows more or less they are both separate abilities or at least that Kishimoto wanted them to be portrayed as distinctly different.

absorbing chakra is more like absorbing life force which does have spiritual components but it doesn't automatically mean that if you can absorb chakra you can absorb souls.

this would mean any chakra absorption could absorb souls which is untrue.
Untrue based off of?

Based off of how the verse works this seems completely acceptable.

But I wont argue it, afterall they would only be able to do so if someones soul is outside of their body, which again isn't possible in Naruto (outside of dan and tobirama) as you immediately get sent to the pure lands.

absorbing chakra is more like absorbing life force which does have spiritual components but it doesn't automatically mean that if you can absorb chakra you can absorb souls.
I disagree. Its absorbing the mental and spiritual part as well as the physical part.
So simply absorbing something spiritually (like a soul) in theory should not be that difficult when it does far more than that on a regular.
I just view it like if you can manipulate space and time, then manipulating space or time by itself should not be hard, ofc considering to the extent you can do it which is what ill have to prove for the naruto verse.

Again verse rules play an extremely important role.
As far as we know souls CANNOT exist in the physical realm (Without the use of FORBIDDEN jutsu, again playing into the verse rules).
You die you get sent to the pure lands, and in the case of Otsosuki who are genetic freaks and evolved past this limit, their soul simply disintegrates as soon as their body is dead, even when they go into a separate time flow they are still affected by this.

Also taking out someones soul, and absorbing a soul which currently has no physical form are completely different forms of soul manipulation and should not be used to debunk one another.

Maybe soul absorption is a stretch, at least on this wiki due to the strict rules on assumptions. But going off what we know this should be a completely logical assertion.

Either way im gonna work on a superthread soon that will upgrade many characters I will leave out the soul absorption part for a different thread

Last edited:
If we can get this itachi crt accpted i can procede with the tier 0 naruto upgrades. its gonna be a smooth scaling chain so it shouldent create any inconistencies

If you rank all the 5 new gen Kages, how will you rank all 5 of them in terms of overall combat power?
1. Naruto ( anyone saying otherwise needs to kill themselves )

2. Gaara ( Did slightly better against Fused Momoshiki than the other kages..also was the only other kage apart from Naruto to break out of Shikamaru's shadow paralysis in the novels iirc though I could be remembering wrong )

3. Darui ( Pressured Base Momoshiki somewhat who is superior to Kinshiki )

4 and 5 - Kurotsuchi/Chojoro is a toss up I guess...depends on who lands their hax first maybe ( Chojoro with his rasenshuriken like needle hax and Kurotsuchi with her sealing jutsu )

1). Nard(He's Nard)

2). Gaara(Fused Momo feats were better than the rest)

3). Darui(Kekkai Genkai user + fought Base Momo)

4). Kurotsuchi(Kekkai Genkai user, probably physically stronger than Chojuro)

5). Chojuro(helped restrain Kin)

Referring to the Souls conversation: I'm pretty sure in Boruto we've seen characters actually see ghosts/spirits of the dead, i don't remember if they were actual spirits or if they were just cosplays but I do remember it happening (See Mirai arc [anime adaptation and manga adaptation] and Uzumaki Family Vacation)

Boruto with Jogan and Sasuke with his rinnegan were the only ones the could see and sense momos soul and this is before momo stop time btw..

Anime Darui said he's going to beat the two with just brute force. And given how Momoshiki had to dodge his strikes and run away it's likely that he could.

https://vsbattles.com/threads/chakra-and-the-soul-for-naruto-at-least.109635/

So reading through the thread and the claim of everyone can soul manip in naruto is yikes when only the following was affected and implemented.
Jinchuriki get the following.
Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction (Tailed Beast Chakra Arms users can interact with the soul).
Susanoo users get the following.
Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction (Users of Susanoo can interact with the soul).
Tsunade gets
Soul Manipulation (Tsunade can heal the soul).
Human Path users get
Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction (Human Path users can grab souls and rip them out of the body).
TBH only Itachi, Rinnagan users, get reaper seal people users, dan should get the soul manip, the jinchuriki should only get NPI and Tsundae shouldn't get shit since she cant heal chakra by her own statements.

wait frr? I might be misremembering. I'll just take your word for it since I'm not trying to figure out what episode of Boruto that was.

60 something?
Momo in base was always tryna long range fight
So he was just tryna make distance and parrying when they got too close
The novel describes him as skillfully deflecting their attacks

Goku sparkle having the time of his life right now.
you-better.gif

U know I'm dropping a CRT the day the Minato manga comes out

Back