• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Shinra Tensei LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinra Tensei is a Gravity Wave and Gravity Waves Travel at LS. This means that Nagato/Madara/Sasuke/Hagoromo would have Light Speed Attack Speed with Shinra Tensei only.

This wouldn't change their Speed though being nobody has reacted to Shinra Tensei. The closest anyone has come was 6tk Naruto:

4970478-0901449900-narut
But this is something that's up for debate, In a separate thread.

According to the Naruto wiki (which uses extensive citations), Shinra Tensei is the manipulation of repulsive forces, not gravity.

Reppuzan said:
According to the Naruto wiki (which uses extensive citations), Shinra Tensei is the manipulation of repulsive forces, not gravity.
Deva Path is heavily implied to be a Gravity Manipulatory ability and acts as so with ST/BT and specifically stated to be so in the case of CT. Yes, that's speculatory but not "baseless".

Also, on the other hand, Repulsive Force (Like Magnetism) is equivalent to Gravity Waves on speed. ST/BT act more like Gravity than Magnetism, even in their descriptions. Here is what a Scientist says on a the Subject of Gravity vs Magnetism:

Gravity and magnetism are not the same thing. In fact, they are completely separate forces. Gravity is a force that acts between two objects with mass. No matter what they are made of, both objects get pulled towards each other just because they have mass. The reason it seems like gravity only pulls you towards the earth is because the earth is so big that the pull from you on it isn't enough to do much to its motion.

Unlike gravity, which occurs between any objects, magnetism depends on specific properties of objects. Magnetism can either pull the two objects together or push them apart, depending on which way the magnets point.

Banshou Tennin Acts like Gravity/Magnetic Attraction and Shinra Tensei acts like Gravity Waves/Repulsive Force, both of which push at the same speed. What lends credit to it being Gravity Manipulation outside of Deva Path giving the ability to create gravity cores is how it affects all matter regardless of its aspects instead of relying on Single Properties.

This is hell of an assumption to make

I fear this thread will be closed soon unless you can prove shinra tensei acts like gravity wave.

Edit: Does anybody even scale character speed from gravity attacks? Never seen any

The Propagation of Magnetic Forces (Repulsive Force) Moves at the Speed of Light like Gravity Waves so, either way its interchangable.

By this logic, the attacks of every gravity manipulator are automatically lightspeed.

In addition, given the nature of the Naruto universe, I'm not sure if we can count this as working like real physics as numerous techniques are shown to not have the properties of their derivative elements (i.e. Storm Release being fired out as some kind of energy beam).

Reppuzan said:
By this logic, the attacks of every gravity manipulator are automatically lightspeed.
In addition, given the nature of the Naruto universe, I'm not sure if we can count this as working like real physics as numerous techniques are shown to not have the properties of their derivative elements (i.e. Storm Release being fired out as some kind of energy beam).
Lmao! That part was funny. But really though, I get what you're saying but I still see it applicable. For Instance, if this is accepted then the same can be saif for Fujitora's Gravity Slash thing. It would also make sense Given he's in the same tier as Kizaru.

And I mean, like I said, its not like anyone has even reacted to ST with the only possible instance being 6 tails which would be an outlier anyway if it was. This Technique would just be LS and nobody scales as of yet.

And unlike the SR confusion about Light Fang, Shinra Tensei is straight forward. Be it a Gravity Wave or Repulsive Force like a Magnet, that action is LS.

I do not think that it seems necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back