• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Whose on screen BIQ feats are the most impressive? (Strategies, deductions, etc.)

Kakashi, Shikamaru, Itachi, Minato, Jiraiya, Naruto, Sasuke (or any other character you want to bring attention to from Naruto/Boruto)

And this is strictly regarding on screen feats, so statements aren't allowed.

Feel free to give a breakdown of the feats to validate your pick (complexity, number of feats, etc)

You can also rank multiple characters.

Not in order
1. Boruto (vs Ao. Inferior to Ao stat wise but managed to cook up something)
2. Kakashi (vs everybody)
3. Naruto (nearly all his fights. I put using Sexy Jutsu against Kaguya as his most impressive due to the sheer scale and the risk that came with it)
4. Sasuke (vs Danzo and Deidara. Self explanatory)
5. Minato (vs Obito. Self Explanatory)
6. Itachi (vs Nagato. The speed at which it was done with near 0 prior knowledge about how rinnegan eye link with summons work)
7. Shikamaru (duh)
8. Sakura (vs Kido. Same scenario as number 1)
That's all for now

When Kabuto got his entire nervous system rewired by Tsunade making his mental attempts to use his arms and legs do the inverse, and after moving his muscles for a minute to figure out where everything was he could fight someone as skilled as Tsunade practically unhindered.

actually an insane feat

When Kabuto got his entire nervous system rewired by Tsunade making his mental attempts to use his arms and legs do the inverse, and after moving his muscles for a minute to figure out where everything was he could fight someone as skilled as Tsunade practically unhindered.

actually an insane feat
This is an underrated one.

actually an insane feat
I don't even think it took a minute lol. Bro figured it out almost as soon he realized what hit him, no pun intended. Crazy feat for sure.

Anyway, for me, the smartest goofy goobers in the verse in regards to Battle IQ are...

• Itachi: I won't waste time writing a bible on him, given that I already have. I feel it's pretty self explanatory lol.
  • Kabuto: Aforementioned feat we discussed above. His use of the chakra scalpel is absolutely terrifying. Abuses Military Ration Pills. Gets extra points for installing a physical feature to specifically counter Sharingan Genjutsu, now that's dedication! I mean who does that? 😭
  • Jiraiya: Seldom mentioned in these discussions, which is a crying shame if you ask me. Almost defeating Pain with ZERO knowledge? Yeah, that's impressive. Perhaps even more insane is how he managed to counter literal time travel through sheer intelligence 💀
  • Shikamaru: His plan to simultaneously trick and dupe Hidan, countering his OHK ability while simultaneously using it against Kakuzu to destroy one of his hearts still blows me away to this day...
  • Sasuke: I refer ya'll to the Deidara fight, the Danzo fight, and....uh, I guess a shit ton more fights where his analytical abilities saved the day. But those two fights in particular he would've 100% lost if not for his sharp intellect, so that's why they stand out.
  • Naruto: Naruto's actually low-key insane. He's not as calculated as a Shikamaru or an Itachi, but his sheer ability to catch his opponents with some bs is literally second to none. But his analytical ability IS pretty underrated too tbh. The way he figured out how the Raikage can be damaged with the super limited info and vague anecdote he had was honestly super impressive. The way he caught on to Juubito's weakness almost before anyone else was also pretty great. Then obviously there's the plethora of examples for his creativity and unpredictability that ya'll already know. Naruto's a GOATED combatant.
  • Kakashi: I mean, yeah. Dude's cracked too tbh. Probably the second most important figure when it came to bringing down Pain after Jiraiya due to him figuring out the Deva Path's abilities and weaknesses. Truly figured out and countered Kamui, though much like Minato the "countering" bit was massively helped by him having the right ability for the job. Still impressive tho, ofc. Made the final plan to take down Kaguya with a little assist from PIS. And by the New Era, bro can use molecular physics to counter Jutsu, so yeah...Kakashi is HIM.
  • Minato: The cool thing about Minato is that he uses his ability the correct way. That may seem like it's no big deal, but man, in fiction? Crazy admirable IMO. How many characters don't use their abilities super optimally? How many don't in Naruto? So yeah, I appreciate lil bro for always throwing them Kunai all over the place and putting sealing formulas on anyone he touches. That's goated behavior. And, yeah, the Obito fight was impressive. I don't think it makes him the second-coming of Reed Richards like some people do, but it is a great feat nonetheless.
  • Boruto and Sarada: I'm no expert, but they have crazy stuff in the anime that I heard through my coversations with Shadow and Nierre.
  • Low-key....Imma throw Isshiki's name in the mix. He uses his abilities rather well I'd say. Uses BFR well when it's appropriate, and like actually abuses it in the sense that leaving you stranded in another dimensions is an actual strat he employs. His use of his shrinking with the rods to negate durability is brilliant. I feel like the stats advantage he had over his opponents took away from how good of a fighter he is for many people, but he's low-key pretty alright. Maybe not Top 10 material, but I felt the need to make an oddball mention ig.

I don't even think it took a minute lol. Bro figured it out almost as soon he realized what hit him, no pun intended. Crazy feat for sure.

Anyway, for me, the smartest goofy goobers in the verse in regards to Battle IQ are...

• Itachi: I won't waste time writing a bible on him, given that I already have. I feel it's pretty self explanatory lol.
  • Kabuto: Aforementioned feat we discussed above. His use of the chakra scalpel is absolutely terrifying. Abuses Military Ration Pills. Gets extra points for installing a physical feature to specifically counter Sharingan Genjutsu, now that's dedication! I mean who does that? 😭
  • Jiraiya: Seldom mentioned in these discussions, which is a crying shame if you ask me. Almost defeating Pain with ZERO knowledge? Yeah, that's impressive. Perhaps even more insane is how he managed to counter literal time travel through sheer intelligence 💀
  • Shikamaru: His plan to simultaneously trick and dupe Hidan, countering his OHK ability while simultaneously using it against Kakuzu to destroy one of his hearts still blows me away to this day...
  • Sasuke: I refer ya'll to the Deidara fight, the Danzo fight, and....uh, I guess a shit ton more fights where his analytical abilities saved the day. But those two fights in particular he would've 100% lost if not for his sharp intellect, so that's why they stand out.
  • Naruto: Naruto's actually low-key insane. He's not as calculated as a Shikamaru or an Itachi, but his sheer ability to catch his opponents with some bs is literally second to none. But his analytical ability IS pretty underrated too tbh. The way he figured out how the Raikage can be damaged with the super limited info and vague anecdote he had was honestly super impressive. The way he caught on to Juubito's weakness almost before anyone else was also pretty great. Then obviously there's the plethora of examples for his creativity and unpredictability that ya'll already know. Naruto's a GOATED combatant.
  • Kakashi: I mean, yeah. Dude's cracked too tbh. Probably the second most important figure when it came to bringing down Pain after Jiraiya due to him figuring out the Deva Path's abilities and weaknesses. Truly figured out and countered Kamui, though much like Minato the "countering" bit was massively helped by him having the right ability for the job. Still impressive tho, ofc. Made the final plan to take down Kaguya with a little assist from PIS. And by the New Era, bro can use molecular physics to counter Jutsu, so yeah...Kakashi is HIM.
  • Minato: The cool thing about Minato is that he uses his ability the correct way. That may seem like it's no big deal, but man, in fiction? Crazy admirable IMO. How many characters don't use their abilities super optimally? How many don't in Naruto? So yeah, I appreciate lil bro for always throwing them Kunai all over the place and putting sealing formulas on anyone he touches. That's goated behavior. And, yeah, the Obito fight was impressive. I don't think it makes him the second-coming of Reed Richards like some people do, but it is a great feat nonetheless.
  • Boruto and Sarada: I'm no expert, but they have crazy stuff in the anime that I heard through my coversations with Shadow and Nierre.
  • Low-key....Imma throw Isshiki's name in the mix. He uses his abilities rather well I'd say. Uses BFR well when it's appropriate, and like actually abuses it in the sense that leaving you stranded in another dimensions is an actual strat he employs. His use of his shrinking with the rods to negate durability is brilliant. I feel like the stats advantage he had over his opponents took away from how good of a fighter he is for many people, but he's low-key pretty alright. Maybe not Top 10 material, but I felt the need to make an oddball mention ig.
W

You right, that's Minato downplay
The raw delulu Minato fans run on needs to be studied and harvested, that shit can literally solve the energy crisis singlehandedly.

atp ill be surprised if theres any section of the verse you havent worked on

Not had so much strategy feats from the Boruto manga. The notable ones are Boruto vs Ao, Koji vs Jigen, Team 7 vs Boro.

There's a difference between being skilled and being strategic. Strategy is the main criteria for BIQ

From Naruto
1. Kakashi
2. Shikamaru (can be switched with Kakashi)
3. Kabuto
4. Sasuke
5. Shikaku

From Boruto (not repeating from Naruto)
1. Koji
2. Boruto
3. Sarada
4. Borushiki via stealing Boruto's experience.
5. Isshiki

All of them together, and their most impressive display
1. Kakashi - basically all his battles
2. Shikamaru - Hidan and Kakuzu
3. Kabuto - vs two mangekyou users
4. Sasuke - vs Deidara
5. Shikaku - Ninja Alliance
6. Koji - vs Jigen
7. Naruto - vs Pain
8. Boruto - vs Ao
9. Sarada - Team 7 vs Boro
10. Minato - vs Obito

Honorable mentions - Tobirama, Jiraiya, and Itachi

Last edited:
Not had so much strategy feats from the Boruto manga. The notable ones are Boruto vs Ao, Koji vs Jigen, Team 7 vs Boro.

There's a difference between being skilled and being strategic. Strategy is the main criteria for BIQ

From Naruto
1. Kakashi
2. Shikamaru (can be switched with Kakashi)
3. Kabuto
4. Sasuke
5. Shikaku

From Boruto (not repeating from Naruto)
1. Koji
2. Boruto
3. Sarada
4. Borushiki via stealing Boruto's experience.
5. Isshiki

All of them together, and their most impressive display
1. Kakashi - basically all his battles
2. Shikamaru - Hidan and Kakuzu
3. Kabuto - vs two mangekyou users
4. Sasuke - vs Deidara
5. Shikaku - Ninja Alliance
6. Koji - vs Jigen
7. Naruto - vs Pain
8. Boruto - vs Ao
9. Sarada - Team 7 vs Boro
10. Minato - vs Obito