• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Ability Thread

@CJ I mean, are we gonna say Itachi and Sasuke can't do it just because they've never been shown to do it? Despite the fact that they should both be superior to Madara and Obito when it comes to genjutsu. Adding onto the fact that we know for a fact that they both know about the jutsu?

It's not even "master level genjutsu", at least not to sharingan users, as it's never been described as particularly difficult to learn. And all that's considering the fact that most people who use it, have never even used it before.

YungManzi said:
@CJ
I mean, are we gonna say Itachi and Sasuke can't do it just because they've never been shown to do it? Despite the fact that they should both be superior to Madara and Obito when it comes to genjutsu. Adding onto the fact that we know for a fact that they both know about the jutsu?

It's not even "master level genjutsu", at least not to sharingan users, as it's never been described as particularly difficult to learn. And all that's considering the fact that most people who use it, have never even used it before.
Did you read my last response.

YungManzi said:
@CJ
I mean, are we gonna say Itachi and Sasuke can't do it just because they've never been shown to do it? Despite the fact that they should both be superior to Madara and Obito when it comes to genjutsu. Adding onto the fact that we know for a fact that they both know about the jutsu?

Also in Naruto Chapter 581 is considered an "Ultimate Jutsu". Doesn't sound to ordinary to me.

Ultimate jutsu doesn't = difficulty to learn.

I see it as something most skilled genjutsu users in the Uchiha clan should be able to do, but won't because of the huge price which must be paid (Their eyesight).

Anyway, this is off topic. Because I agree that it shouldn't be on profiles, I just think they should be able to use it, if they want to.

YungManzi said:
Ultimate jutsu doesn't = difficulty to learn.
I see it as something most skilled genjutsu users in the Uchiha clan should be able to do, but won't because of the huge price which must be paid (Their eyesight).
However, because of the dangers involved in using a technique with a built-in escape route in a real battle, Izanami became classed as a kinjutsu.[11]

Kinjutsu (þªüÞíô, Literally meaning: Forbidden Techniques) are techniques that have been banned from being taught or used.

Damage3245 said:
@Celestial Judge; I re-watched the fight. I don't see any indication that he used Almighty Push. It looks completely different.

Chakra absorption doesn't necessarily prove it is the Preta Path by itself. Several other characters can absorb chakra without it.

We've been over this in the previous thread where it was agreed to remove the abilities from Kaguya until new information comes up.

Only characters that can absorb chakra are sage users like Jugo, karma seal users, and Otsutsuki clan members when they use their red chakra tools which only two are said to do.

Only things that absorb chakra are god tree and Nue.

AstralKing7 said:
Momoshiki used deva path lol. Almigty pushes has literally looked like that before
When does Almighty Push look like that? Because almost every time it is depicted to my knowledge it looks nothing like what Momoshiki did.

Are u talking anime only things?

Because manga wise Nagatos almighty push doesn't even show them same ball shaped barrier as Deva path pain

Its just like Momoshiki where he merely puts his hands outward and things got pushed away.

I'll bring the scan later. I'm busy at school

a rinnegan user repels whats coming at him and it isnt almighty push? the only more evidence we would need is him actually saying it lol

same with kaguya she is a rinnegan user and absorbed chakra isnt it more of a reach to say its something else? she even asborbed the sussanos chakra

@Kidkinsey; Kaguya is not a Rinnegan user.

And Momoshiki's jutsu that he used to know back the shuriken doesn't look anything like Almighty Push. It looks more like a burst of wind to me.

When momoshiki used that move, his rinnegan turned red meaning he activated it. Also Saskue stated that the eye kakuma and the juubi possess are indeed rinnegan.

@Wrath of Itachi; that isn't proof of it being the Deva Path. No other users Rinnegan turned red when they used the Deva Path.

Damage3245 said:
@Wrath of Itachi; that isn't proof of it being the Deva Path. No other users Rinnegan turned red when they used the Deva Path.
So I guess you're just going to ignore Sasuke and Urashiki's Rinnegans then. Honestly you haven't brought any proof against them having the Rinnegan, and Occam's razor goes against you as well.

@Wrath of Itachi; I brought up everything relevant in the previous thread where it was agreed to remove the abilities from Kaguya.

Nothing new has been presented for her at least.

Damage3245 said:
@Wrath of Itachi; I brought up everything relevant in the previous thread where it was agreed to remove the abilities from Kaguya.

Nothing new has been presented for her at least.
I did bring up evidence in the last thread for her.

>Because his Rinnegan turned red it isn't the deva path

By this logic, Sasuke shouldn't have any Rinnegan abilities because his have tomoe and don't look like traditional Rinnegan. That isn't a valid argument. What matters is that they are Rinnegan which is indisputable and if his eyes really did "activate" when he pushed things away, then it means it was due to his Rinnegan.

@Jvando; you're comparing apples and oranges. We give Sasuke Rinnegan abilities because he has unambiguously demonstrated Rinnegan abilities.

The Rinnegan being the source for what he did still does not mean it was the Deva Path. His Rinnegan glow red when he releases jutsu too; meaning he could have simply released a Wind jutsu to deflect the Shuriken.

Exactly that^ maybe you are just remembering the anime more than the manga damage

Because Nagato in the war arc has a similar look to Momoshiki using almighty push

Unless there is other evidence someone would like to bring, it doesn't look like Momoshiki is being contested. Should it be crossed off?

What do you mean? It is absolutely still being contested. Unless you're giving up on it?

Damage3245 said:
What do you mean? It is absolutely still being contested. Unless you're giving up on it?
...Did you not see the images I just posted above?

Yes, and after watching the actual clip of the feat multiple times, it does not resemble Pain's Almighty Push.

The most likely explanation is that he released a Wind jutsu from his Rinnegan (since they did glow red, just like every other time he releases an absorbed jutsu) that is what deflected the Shuriken.

A wind jutsu from where? He has to have absorbed it from some where. Also it spreads almost the exact same way pain's does.

You answered it yourself; one he absorbed sometime before.

The visual similarity is very low from what I can tell; it looks much more like wind than an invisible gravity wave.

Except we never see him absorb a jutsu like that which was my entire point.

You are just being in denial now.

@Rocker1189; Almighty Push is an invisible omnidirectional gravity wave that spreads outward from the user.

The jutsu Momoshiki used is a spiralling wind blast. Look at the dust clouds after he is in the crater; everything is still moving around in a circle instead of dispersing straight outwards.

@DDM; on which part? Because if you look at the clip of the feat, the jutsu looks very different to Almighty Push as I've been saying.

Almighty Push is directed outward and is invisible; Momoshiki's jutsu spirals around him and looks more like wind.

Plus we know for a fact that Momoshiki's Rinnegan glows red when he releases absorbed jutsu like here Whereas the idea that his Rinnegan glowing red means he was using the Deva Path is based on nothing but speculation.

madara also state one must have rinnegan to awaken/open rinne sharingan

Adawd
that mean without rinnegan one cant open rinne sharingan

+ sasuke called jubi has rinnegan so it should be enough unless we dont accept fact over someone headcanon

@Omimi; kind of glossing over the fact that Kaguya never had the Rinnegan in the first place.

She awakened the Rinne Sharingan directly after eating the Chakra Fruit.

Damage3245 said:
@DDM; on which part? Because if you look at the clip of the feat, the jutsu looks very different to Almighty Push as I've been saying.

Almighty Push is directed outward and is invisible; Momoshiki's jutsu spirals around him and looks more like wind.

Plus we know for a fact that Momoshiki's Rinnegan glows red when he releases absorbed jutsu like here Whereas the idea that his Rinnegan glowing red means he was using the Deva Path is based on nothing but speculation.
And assuming that Momoshiki absorbed some random wind release jutsu and saved it just for that moment is not speculation?

Honestly, I showed you the images of both Pain's and Momoshiki's Deva path abilities and you are still saying that they don't look the same? Excuse me?

Pain's Deva Path Ability:

B80BCF70-F766-4E3F-8F16-CD1DBE8BAE59
8A6C9389-3179-4BE3-94E5-087D6448E8BD

Momoshiki's

What exactly is the debate here?

They legit look the same, unless you now want to argue that Deva Path Pain absorbed a random wind release jutsu too and used it at that moment against Kakashi.

You do know how Occam's Razor works right?

You are assuming that Momoshiki had absorbed some random wind jutsu from before, saved it, and use it jutsu that right moment while using the visuals of the technique to justify your reasoning. Problem is, your justification is incorrect as I've proved with the images above and your argument has already fallen apart.

I'm assuming that, like it has been stated before, Momoshiki can use all Rinnegan abilities and used the Deva path to repel the shuriken and I have proof in the form of images. That's the simplest answer.

What's the simplest explanation? A random wind jutsu that Momoshiki absorbed that we don't know about? Or, a Rinnegan ability that we do know about And whose visuals are similar to Pain's use of the technique?

> I'm assuming that, like it has been stated before, Momoshiki can use all Rinnegan abilities and used the Deva path to repel the shuriken and I have proof in the form of images.

The proof you're offering is the exact same form of proof I'm offering.

You also haven't countered the fact that the visuals are different as I explained here:

> Because if you look at the clip of the feat, the jutsu looks very different to Almighty Push as I've been saying.

> Almighty Push is directed outward and is invisible; Momoshiki's jutsu spirals around him and looks more like wind.

You're trying to use a couple of screenshots instead of looking at the entire clip of the feat.

The simplest explanation is the one I've offered. It fits everything we see in the scene.

> Legit look the same unless you now want to argue that Deva Path Pain absorbed a random wind release jutsu too and used it at that moment against Kakashi.

What kind of ridiculous strawman is this supposed to be?

Momoshiki has the Rinnegan so he should get the abilities that come with the basic rinnegan.

what is the problem

Shadowbokunohero said:
Momoshiki has the Rinnegan so he should get the abilities that come with the basic rinnegan.
At best it should only say on his profile that he can Possibly use the abilities, but he has never done so in canon.

However I'm still firmly against adding in abilities based on just our assumptions instead of what the series shows us or tells us.

Back