• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Narberal Gamma vs Ryo Shimazaki

it doesn't matter if they have similar AP if her opponent will Teleport spam to not get hit by a single one of her attacks

Teru could already see his fighting style after a long battle. I guess she can too. But he will win before that. But that's a wincon. If he doesn't one-shot then the fight won't end quickly.

Dude. If someone wins a battle it doesn't mean the other side always would lose it, no matter what. She could win if she is used to his fighting style or tires him, but this would not happen normally in battle. But that's win condition. It's not a short battle that will be extremely one sided. He is better at fighting groups than 1v1.

By that logic all matches on this wiki are invalid.

wow, nice taking it to the extreme

Narberal has like, zero CQC experience and none of her main spells are useful in it. Ryo teleport spams way more often than Narberal ever would, and blitzes her with Mind's Eye if Narberal starts being able to fight back

in my eyes, i don't see Narberal winning any time. Don't try to twist what i'm saying to sound like i think someone winning more often means the other side will always lose. Like i said, I personally don't see any way for her to win. Clearly you think differently, and if everyone agrees with that, then clearly what i'm saying doesn't hold much weight

She does have some way to win though. IIRC the ring would hide her aura and invinsibility would let her win, just that it is unlikely that would happen. She is literally facing a blind dude

Muchacho mrm said:
She does have some way to win though. IIRC the ring would hide her aura and invinsibility would let her win, just that it is unlikely that would happen. She is literally facing a blind dude
pretty sure Magic =/= Esper aura stuff for verse equal

Where did I "take it to the extreme"? I never meant to sound offensive or anything.

Then why is "Proficent Hand-to-Hand Combatant" on her profile?

Ryo fought also with guys that have zero CQC experience and they somehow could keep up with him. Like Teru said: attacks that he can't detect work on him. Because he's literally blind and entirely relies on his ESP powers. I see that she has crapton of spells and stat amps, and has AP advantage as I can see. She should have a win condition.

Read the "Stomp Thread" page to know more about it.

i don't really know tbh, she's a caster with only enough warrior levels to wear armor, she would play the range game in any serious situation. Pure casters tend to not be so good at CQC

that fight also had way more people to throw him off and surprise him iirc

Narberal choosing to not teleport spam after seeing an opponent that does teleport spam is quite stupid and I don't think she's stupid. So she'll clearly adapt by doing the same thing.

Although now that I think about it her ring that hides her magic from detection is detrimental against Ryo who 1. Relies on his EXP for sight in general 2. Is actually blind. He likely won't detect her attacks.

Her invisibility won't do jack though since he'll still sense her physical self just not her magic.

@Anon

I meant that it wouldn't happen more times than it would happen. Sorry if I messed up something. My english has flaws.

Apeironaxim said:
pretty sure Magic =/= Esper aura stuff for verse equal
Verse equal would make them equal I think, but the important thing here is that the dude is blind and sees auras, aside from that he is blind as a bat unless someone can elaborate.

Nico-v11 said:
Although now that I think about it her ring that hides her magic from detection is detrimental against Ryo who 1. Relies on his EXP for sight in general 2. Is actually blind. He likely won't detect her attacks.
i am certain i've seen in a Ryo thread that magic =/= esper stuff, so her magic aura not being detected wouldn't help her. He'd likely be sensing her life force aura or something

also, not sure if misreading what you're saying, but it only hides her aura, not her attacks

Nico-v11 said:
Narberal choosing to not teleport spam after seeing an opponent that does teleport spam is quite stupid and I don't think she's stupid. So she'll clearly adapt by doing the same thing.
Narberal's teleport takes MP to use, she likely can't use for the entire battle. While Ryo's doesn't seem to drain him

Verse equal would make them equal I think, but the important thing here is that the dude is blind and sees auras, aside from that he is blind as a bat unless someone can elaborate.

Well he can still sense physical objects through ESP. When he over focuses on something specifically however he'll be blind to anything else.

That probably won't happen here though since when it happened he was fighting like 9 strong opponents at once.

Ritsu once just threw a rock at him and he was distracted, then Teru kicked the crap out of him and he was constantly destroyed. I think she would notice he's blind by just... looking at him

I think there is some confusion here then.

>Can't see her magical aura

>Magic =/= Esper so no equalization

>Somehow will be able to sense her attacks powered by mana

Anyways I'm leaving this match for now as it really doesn't matter to me who wins.

SpookyShadow said:
Ritsu once just threw a rock at him and he was distracted, then Teru kicked the crap out of him and he was constantly destroyed. I think she would notice he's blind by just... looking at him
Ryo was focusing on another person entirely that he was fighting. That's not going to happen here, there is nothing to distract him.

Muchacho mrm said:
I think there is some confusion here then.
>Can't see her magical aura

>Magic =/= Esper so no equalization

>Somehow will be able to sense her attacks powered by mana

Anyways I'm leaving this match for now as it really doesn't matter to me who wins.
it's not about sensing, afaik he can still "see" using his esper powers, which means he could "see" the lightning attacks. Pretty sure it's not just pure sensing, he can see physical things/objects to a degree

Back