• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament: Asuna vs Shimazaki

KingEzran

He/Him
This is Aincrad Asuna vs Ryo Shimazaki.

- Speed equalized

- Both are bloodlusted

- Win via death

Votes:

Asuna: 0

Shimazaki: 0

Inconclusive: 0

APs:

Asuna's AP: Baseline (2 tons) is to be assumed as there isn't any calc

Shimazaki's AP: 3.09 tons

Ooooooh interesting, never seen a Mob Psycho matchup before. I’ll wait for the Mob person to show up then discuss later.

Ooooooh interesting, never seen a Mob Psycho matchup before. I’ll wait for the Mob person to show up then discuss later.
Hm, while I can't provide much in terms of concrete info about MP100 Calcs, I have seen the anime and finished the manga, so I can provide a bit of info about Shimazaki and how he fights.

Basically, he has strong Analytical Prediction and abuses the frick out of it with teleportation to the point that he mainly fights up-close and personal with his fists and nothing else, this doesn't really let him use his other Esper Powers (cough telekinesis cough) as often as he should 'sides him flying; although, it is totally in-character for him to teleport himself and his opponent way up and throw them down, preferably slamming them down a building. He's also surrounded by a passive barrier albeit it can be bypassed by attacks he can't track/predict.

Does Aincard!Asuna has anything to deal with Shimazaki's constant abuse of teleportation or to keep him grounded at the very least?

Does Aincard!Asuna has anything to deal with Shimazaki's constant abuse of teleportation or to keep him grounded at the very least?
As a Mob Psycho 100 fan, I can say that what you said is correct. To answer your question, Asuna can buff her speed which could potentially help, and apparently has some extent of teleportation herself.

So Mind's Eye is out of the question since she isn't an esper but Shimazaki can just beat her up and dance around her with his teleportation. Or just pin her down with telekinesis if really pushed.

So Mind's Eye is out of the question since she isn't an esper but Shimazaki can just beat her up and dance around her with his teleportation. Or just pin her down with telekinesis if really pushed.
Once again just re-stating, Asuna has a level of teleportation herself. I'm not much of an SAO person, so idk how it compares to Shimazaki's.

I very much doubt that she can compare to Shimazaki in spam and lack of refractory period. Like, his fight should tell you that much.

Back